Transmission problems please help

OzMattie

G'day guys and pezzy.

:furious: My transmisson has started to playup. I get a thumping noise (sounds like the exhaust hitting the floor) when I crank the pathy over and get 15 short flash's of the OD light.

Does anyone know what the 15 flashs mean? Cant find it in my manual because it only talks about consult.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I do not mean to thread jack but I am also concerned what the flashing OD lighty means. I have not had any problems yet with the tranny(it is an auto by the way) but like once a month or so when I start my pathy the OD light will flash.. but only like 5-10 times.

The flashing codes usually go in 10 flash blocks. there will be one flash that is longer than the others. next time it happens count the flashes and which one is longer.

I cant find anything about 15 flashes which has me stumped. I think that my torque converter is cactus and that is what the thumping noise is. I have spent 2 hours trying to see or find anything else that can be making the thump but to no avail. I guess it is of to the stealership in the morning to see if there are any codes.

the flashing O/D light means one of the sensors inside the transmission isnt working correctly. my O/D light flashed like 17 times or so when my VSS sensor was all messed up. have you gone wheelin lately? or through mud or water? check the connections going to the tranny wiring harness. go to autozone and get the codes read

i think you can only decipher the codes on pre-obd-II vehicles. The OBD-II ecu's need to be plugged in some computer. I'd go to autozone if it's free there because Nissan dealerships are greedy

Edited by skrillaguerilla

Ok all sorted out the 15 flash's was my Throttle position sensor. It made the transmission do all sorts of wierd stuff. all fixed now and running better than ever.