Sentra SER Spec V

NissanPerson

KBB says 10K for a car like that in "good" (95%-tile) condition...

This one was in mint condition as far as I could tell. Probably needs some new rubber and brakes soon but everything was clean...guy said he has it cleaned by a specialty shop every year (including washing engine)...which kind of worried me cause there's NOTHING leaking :-D Just wondering if there are any known problems with this car more or less.

Try and stay away from the '02-'03 QR25 motors. The laters years seems to have improved, but not as much. They're known to have pre-cat failures. They seems to build up a rich air fuel mixture inside the cat rather than in the cylinders causing bits of pieces of the cat to be sucked back into the engine. If you do purchase it... Install new headers, and loctite the butterfly screws.

I'm a member of b15sentra.net, a very good place for information about the B15s. By the way, I own a '05 B15 with the QG18 motor. Not performance machine, but very reliable compared to the QRs.

B15 Sentra . Net

• 4 weeks later...

I've talked to several people who've had them and they all hated 'em. Garbage.

Navy on these boards had one and hated it.

I'd go for something else. Also, pay attention to pure market value...don't put too much faith into KBB except for loan purposes.

Navy on these boards had one and hated it.

Nahh didn't hate...it just fell apart on me. The '02's were incredibly trouble prone and the QR is NOT a strong moto(I say strong meaning internally)

Pros?

-Fast as hell

the 02-03's had the best front ends...04+ swapped them for the bucktooth that plagues Nissan today :-)

-6-spd, HLSD

-most fun car ever to drive, handled like it was on rails, aspecially dropped 2 inches with some different treads...

-TONS of tourque

Cons?

-Butterfly screws coming loose and being sucked into the cylinders...mine went at 59K, got an '05 engine upgrade though. This in itself isn't an issue if you do the butterfly screw upgrade which, if your around VA. i'd be happy to help you do.

-ECM recall...apparently the foam insulation corrodes as the ECM heats up and the gas damages the circuitry...again mine did this 2 TIMESand the car was towed (again)

-Throw-out bearings are crap...mine was going at 62K when I sold it

-Strut bearings rattled themselves silly...cause they're made out of plastic, INCLUDING the bearings!!

-The damn thing NEVER stayed alligned.

Basically it fell apart on me and needed a good bit of work when sold. By far the most trouble-prone car i've owned (and I've owned SAAB's in my past!) Then again, I'm sure tracking it the few times I did wasn't any help. It DID run a 14.9 straight outta the box tho :D