How many others have confidence in the Pathy

unccpathfinder

My buddy went out in his 2wd ranger with another buddy of his in his ram and they called me cuze he got stuck and was fixin to slide into a HUGE hmm hole kinda a ditch but not really like 10 ft drop...it was on the construction site that overtook my 4wd spot...but he was like man i donno if the dodge can do it can ya come out...so we came out and the dodge got it done but i did get to keep him from sliding over the edge cuze it was slick as snot...then while i was there it gave me a good chance to play in the mud...

it was so slick that there wasnt a lot of control of the back end and a couple of times the guy in the dodge thought he had to pull me out but i told him i'd be fine and he didnt believe me so i had to show him...as long as im not burried to the frame im not stuck

:laugh:

before it got dark i snapped these 2 pix

2265146_44_full.jpg

2265146_45_full.jpg

but it made me feel good that he gave me a call and asked me to come help if the dodge couldnt do it

dont u think NC has enough reflective material in their plates...thats unaltered...

Edited by unccpathfinder

Thats cool man, alway's good feeling when someone calles to be pulled out... also adds ammo for later dealing with said person :lol:

But I do have to :rolleyes: at this statement:

man i donno if the dodge can do it

Unless it could not get to the Ranger or could not get the traction needed, it would be able to do it a just as well :lol:

yea he was worried about traction it was crazy slick...coming down the 1 hill going up to the next with a ditch about 1/2 the way down i was trying to hit it at a good angle and the ass just wanted to come around so i just slid down into the ditch and then backed it up and went forward till i had my angle i wanted and went thru it but there was no steering action and very little stopping where u wanted....but he had some mud terrains and they were filled...my ATs were caked up pretty good (god i hate these tires)...

it was a good time none the less...and just built my confidence a lil more b/c some of the things i tackled i wouldnt have normally done...but i had a couple beers in me b4 he called so i tried them and they worked out pretty nicely (dont worry i only had about .25 miles of highway use and would have easily passed a walk the line test just not quite sure on that lil breathing thing...its amazing what not eating all day and working on ure truck can do for a couple of beers)

Pulling out other people with the pathy is fun! My second time out after I lifted it, I pulled my brothers friend, in a 85 F-150, off of some rocks that he got high centered on. A couple of his buddies were in jeeps and they thought there was no way I would be able to pull him, but I did! Hey, got a free case of the frosty brew for it! There is nothing like a confidence boost to help you know your limits!

heck yea...i know those construction guys were pissed this morning cuze after the pose shot i climbed up that lil cliff thingy which wasnt as easy as i thoguht it was going to be cuze it was so slick (it pulled me normal to the cliff face)...so i backed up a lil bit cut the wheel and climbed over it like it was nothing

• 6 years later...

I do have confidence in the truck. I was able to laugh at my friend in his 99 dodge 1500 sport. After he got pulled out of the mud I walked through most of it in 2 wheel. Only reason I locked it in was because I would have had to beat on it to finish the hole. I also was able to pull a stock z71 out of a nice hole. Although I"m sure that one cost me a quarter of my clutch life time.

Makes ya feel good being asked for help and knowing you get help back should you need it, that's what its all about.

I pulled out a mid 90s Chevy 1500 on 35s that was buried in a hole in snotty mud. Took a few head starts but the little Pathfinder pulled it right on out and up the hill to the landing. They couldn't believe it! I think there's a pic somewhere of Mr. Jim pulling a semi truck.

I have pushed (bumper to bumper) my friends older dodge 2500 cummins into his driveway about 30 feet, it bent my rear bumper doing it lol I have rescued smaller trucks, mostly jeeps, nothing really to push its limits.

Tons of confidence in my old pathy, it out preformed and went more places in 2wd than my friends lifted Cherokee (even tho he has an extra litre and 4wd)

Edited by cvdloc

Yep, Mr Jim pulled a dead semi off of the highway. Now that is something!

Be careful with the stock bumpers Bud, they are just for looks. They are seriously the most flimsy bumpers I have ever seen. I swear that the bumpers on my VW Bug are stronger. If you love your Pathy and want to keep it, put aftermarket bumpers on it so you don't lose it due to a minor accident!

B

image-9.jpg

Well it didn't matter when it got hit, hahaha. It was hit up high an only bent the bumper down 3/4" when I removed it I was surprised too light for my liking...

I used to take lifted YJs (3-4 inch lift, 33's, locked and unlocked axles) to school in my pathfinder all the time.

I've had people come up to me on the trail and say their brother or friend, or whoever, had one and it was pretty capable stock. They were always impressed where I'd drag it too. Good times.

I drove up to a guy in a Rockwelled, sbc powered YJ buggy today at the beach. Everyone around us was buried. We sat there and talked for about a 1/2 hour, then drove off. YJ guy told me he wished he could buy 2 or 3 Pathys like mine, lol. The other guys were paying a dude with an F 250 to pull them out. The sand was super fine and really deep.

After the weekend i have utmost confidence in my Pathy..... the driver... noooot so much... i'm still rather new to offroad so picking my lines is something i'm getting used to. lol

After this weekend...huge amounts of confidence. Clearing a section of trail that a Frontier Pro x4 turned around at and had only been driven on by quads and a couple of Razors. It was only maybe 75 feet but looked pretty gnarly, in 4lo drive I just idled through it. like butter. I scouted it out, picked my line and just went for it. after I got through it wasn't as bad as I had thought. I love my pathy.

• Like 1

I don't do any rock crawling but I have every confidence in my Pathy, it's taken everything that I've thrown at it so far & I've gone a few places where others with me (FJ Cruiser, stock jeep, etc) have feared to go. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Last weekend I crawled St. Francis hill in Ocala National Forest. Most of you guys could probably do it on a big wheel but it was a first for me watching the driver rear tire hover in a hole while I continued to crawl forward. Later I took an alternative path next to a 300 foot long canal. I was the only one who had that option because the the alt. path was so thin and eroded. I gained a lot of confidence.

Honestly I think its half the fun of driving a pathfinder. Guys in Jeeps and other rigs will look at my pathfinders ive had on 31s open front and rear and ill go places they never thought. Its to the point that when I had to get rid of my last pathy and ended up with a solid axle yota, my buddies were telling me I needed to get another pathy. So if I can make believers out of people that would never even look twice at my rig, then Id say that I have load of confidence in them lol. Esp if you pop the links off the rear sway when you get to your wheeling spot lol

I'm new to wheeling, always been a tuner guy, when I got my pathy I got it because people said it was pretty capable off road, but my question is why? Just cause it weighs so freaking much? (1000lbs more than a Cherokee)

But as for pulling people out and such, we are so underpowered... Is it the weight distribution? Or does everyone have LSD except me?? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2