Comfort/Sport suspension switch

gitee

The suspension switch on my '96 Pathfinder doesn't light up, as it says it should in the owners manual. Is there a way for me to find out if the suspension is changing according to the switch? Also, when I shut off the engine, I can hear a buzzing/compressor-type noise on the right side of the engine bay. Any help?

I never heard of that switch either, but i have a noise and know what it is. The fuel return line letting the presser back, or at least it is air presser in the tank. It seems like a hissing noise. When it is happening, open your gas cap and see if it lets off pressure and if the noise goes away.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the suspension switch was on the early '96s?

On the noise, it's only there for 1-2 seconds. I just thought maybe it was connected to the suspension.

I have seen this on a parts sheet before. I think that they are just little motors that turn the adjustable shocks to the left or the right based on firm or comfort. Just have someone sit in the truck and push the button and feel the top of the strut towers to see if the mechanical part is working. Pics would be sweet of the top of your towers for everybody to see!