i no longer have a pathfinder

lowrider

I have the mystery machine.

So, my tranny’s been sounding like a bag of rocks for a while, t/o bearing screeching like a banshee, and overall the driving experience in the potato has left a lot to be desired.

I go over to Visions NE after work yesterday to fix my parking light harness (don’t ask) and on the way home, get to the lights by the airport on Barlow.

Pull away in first --- noisy as hell

Quickly shift into second – oh your god its loud

Shift into third and let go of the clutch ------ BAAAAAAANNNNGGGGGG!!!!!! CRASH!!!!!! THRASH!!!!! POP!!!

And no forward momentum anymore

Pull over, shut it down.

JAM it into first and pull away, still loud nasty noises coming from the tranny, but its moving.

About 5 mins later, a quiet pop and all the noise is gone. All of it. The truck has never been better.

I think this crew is who needs to solve this one:

scoobie-9733.gif

Edited by lowrider

thats not cool

:shrug:

why?

i should keep putting all my time, money, and frustration into that pile of sh!t truck?

The truck was fine till i starting wheeling the hell out of it. and i will never take a nissan down anything harder than an easy run ever again...this coming from the VP of the calgary nissan and import 4x4 club :D

Edited by lowrider

why?

i should keep putting all my time, money, and frustration into that pile of sh!t truck?

The truck was fine till i starting wheeling the hell out of it. and i will never take a nissan down anything harder than an easy run ever again...this coming from the VP of the calgary nissan and import 4x4 club :D

I understand your frustration but are you gonna elighten potentil buyer of um the issue you are having? If you are then I will stand corrected if not then I stand by my origianl comment.

why?

All I hear is a bunch of Waaaaahhhhhhmbulances coming to take your Pathy away...

The same could be said of any vehicle you own and beat on. Things break and it's not new. Why expect perfection?

I understand your frustration but are you gonna elighten potentil buyer of um the issue you are having? If you are then I will stand corrected if not then I stand by my origianl comment.

I'm not even dignifying this with a response. There's a reason mine's listed $1500 cheaper than any other 4 door in the trader.

Aaron, you're absolutely right. I just can't bear the thought of working on that truck one more time. I've spent a fortune keeping the thing alive, and it won't stop breaking (even though i had to stop wheeling). I'd rather work on something else, just not do alternator no. 6, etc.

Fair enough... Sounds like you bought a lemon to begin with or beat the tar out of it and fixed it poorly. Sorry, not trying to be insulting.

That said, I can kill any vehicle made, even within a reasonable time frame, like a few hours... :shrug:

Sorry you had suck a poor experience with yours but we all have to make choices. I'll miss your posts, try not to a stranger. I'd like to hear of your trials with your replacement vehicle also... :D

Good Luck. :beer:

B