Drilling out the axle.

Toby

So the problems never end on this POS truck.

When I removed my old axle and lined it up with the new one the holes looked similar. Lined up and I figured they'd be fine. Well they aren't. And I'm so ready to drag it across the scale and crush it. But I'm trying to see if I can get it fixed and enjoy driving it. Because when it's not broken, it's genuinely enjoyable to drive.

So needless to say will it hurt to drill the holes out a little bit more to get it to actually bolt up?

btw it's a CV Axle on the left front.

Edited by Toby

what holes are you referring to?

The only holes on the CV Axle? The ones that bolt onto the front differential.

I'm just so stressed about this because I just want to get it done so I have something to drive. I've been driving my mom's car

I am by no means qualified to answer this question

-but

if it were my truck, I'd say do it and git r done!

Whatever works

But then again... None of the nine vehicles I've owned have ever passed a -real- safety inspection either... >_>

Where did you get this CV axle? Can you not return it, and get the right one for your vehicle?

An auto parts store. I turned in my core cause it looked like everything would bolt right up and the holes seemed to line up when I checked them against each other.

That's fine, this is an exchange. Whether or not you've turned in your core should have no bearing on it being the right part. That's what you've paid for.

To be fair, you didn't say front or rear axles. My first thought was rear axle.

How many splines are on the CV shaft? I know there are 2 different spline counts. Maybe the ones with the lower spline count have different sized holes.

Edited by Indigent

That's fine, this is an exchange. Whether or not you've turned in your core should have no bearing on it being the right part. That's what you've paid for.

I turned it in because the $100 core charge had been very tempting. Money is nice.

But I don't wanna go through all of it. I'll just see if I can use the dremel to bring it out a tiny bit. I don't need alot. But just a tiny bit. It's a pain.

As for the axle thing. The WD21's ONLY CV Axles are on the front. In back is a solid rear axle.

Just an FYI i bet that the diameter of the CV's arent the same...i'd check to see if it even fits through the spindle...

I'll look at it again. It lined up perfectly. I hate to have to go back into this place because they kinda suck. But I'll have to see what I can do.

I would return it and get one that fits, you should not have to modify a part that is supposed to fit, if the store is a chain auto parts store and you don't like them for what ever reason maybe you can return it at another location, or if you have to go to the same store try going at a different time maybe you will get a different employee who can or will help you better.

I would return it and get one that fits, you should not have to modify a part that is supposed to fit, if the store is a chain auto parts store and you don't like them for what ever reason maybe you can return it at another location, or if you have to go to the same store try going at a different time maybe you will get a different employee who can or will help you better.

It's not a chain store. It's a local store. Everything looked like it matched right up when they were side by side.

Doesn't matter if it looked like it lined up, the fact is IT DOESN'T so return it and get one that fits

Called them today. They put me on hold, then hung up. They've been pretty weird lately. They didn't even tell me about the core charge. And their prices have been changing randomly. I'll order the part at one price, when it gets there they charge me more. I dunno though. I might just have to eat my money as said before.

Call them and tell them you are going to call the BBB if they don't fix your issue. I did the same with a guy who wouldn't give a deposit back. They suddenly seem very cooperative afterwords...

Call them and tell them you are going to call the BBB if they don't fix your issue. I did the same with a guy who wouldn't give a deposit back. They suddenly seem very cooperative afterwords...

X2!!!!:headwall:

X2!!!!:headwall:

they've ducked my phone calls. Normally they are pleasant to deal with. But overall I'm getting agitated about it. I might just bite my loss and try to grind them out the tiny bit they need.

just an update. They ducked my phone call again. They'll answer, put me on hold, and then hang up.

I'm just going to buy another one and cut my losses. I'm pulling the tags this week I think and just going to get something else. I can't see the point of paying insurance when this thing is just sitting in my garage.