Rear glass hinge

DavefromOZ

After having one of my plastic rear glass hinges seize and fall apart I decided to have a look at getting some drawn and machined out of aluminium for added strength. I had a mate who is starting his own design company draw them and have the guys at work run a couple through the CNC machine center to see how they look.

Finished product

SNC00092-1.jpg

And fitted

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

we are currently negotiating with one of our suppliers to see what it would cost to have a small run of 10 sets manufactured and supplied anodized black, if anyone is interested you can PM me and I will let you know when I know a final cost.

One of my hinges is broken!!!

I want two of those!!!!!! amazing

Do they make it in black?

I am getting a quote to have them made anodized black, I am hoping to have a firm price this weekend, then will find out how quickly I can get them done.

Also, if anyone has a hinge to suit the rear wing, I would love to get my hands on one, then I will be able to draw it up and have them available also.

I doubt I have a loose one layin around for a wing-mount hinge... I'll look though (I know I don't have one in my box of misc crap I "borrowed" from pick-a-parts that I need to empty for my next trip, I looked). I know I wouldn't mind havign a set that would have a little more piece of mind that you don't have to worry about with.

that and the legs for the wing are hollow inside so they are actually weaker than they look, (don't use the wing to catch your balance)

so some nice solid ones would be nice.

aren't your wings differant over there?

Edited by MY1PATH

that and the legs for the wing are hollow inside so they are actually weaker than they look, (don't use the wing to catch your balance)

so some nice solid ones would be nice.

aren't your wings differant over there?

Which is one reason I have many wings but minimam hinges...

And from his pics it looks like their wing mounts get sammiched between the hinge and glass...

Edited by nunya

Which is one reason I have many wings but minimam hinges...

And from his pics it looks like their wing mounts get sammiched between the hinge and glass...

Mines the only one of its type I have seen, the actual wing has Team Diawa printed on it, so not sure if it is a limited type thing.

Ok, have heard back from our supplier. I can get them made out of solid aluminium, anodized black. Can do them shipped to you for US$80.00. If anyone is interested let me know, I wont be ordering them until I have a few of people confirmed to buy them as I have to order minimum 10 pairs.

does that include wing mounts or do you still need someone to dig up a sample and would they count toward the order or is it 10 per design.

Btw Team Diawa is a fishing company.

http://www.google.com/images?q=Team%20Diawa&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

does that include wing mounts or do you still need someone to dig up a sample and would they count toward the order or is it 10 per design.

Btw Team Diawa is a fishing company.

http://www.google.com/images?q=Team%20Diawa&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

I still need a sample wing mount one. I might be able to get a few wing mount ones done with the other ones, but will need a sample pretty soon, or they may do a smaller run for me.

I will be painting and installing my 2nd one this afternoon, I will take some pics of how to install. They will come with all fasteners required to install them.

I still need a sample wing mount one. I might be able to get a few wing mount ones done with the other ones, but will need a sample pretty soon, or they may do a smaller run for me.

I wish I could run out and grab you one but It seems I will be on duty 12hrs a day for the next 14 days. no time to go to a JY when its open.

anyone else got a spare or wanna find one so you get an AL wing mount instead of brittle 20 yr old hollow plastic?