Shock absorber part numbers and sizing

cdhicks99

Pulled this out of my old notes...

Rancho 999333 are 24.3" extended - works on most stock and lifted pathfinders
Rancho 999112 are 26" extended* - more drop travel but MOST springs get really loose and some fall out at full drop (these are what I have)
Rancho 999046 are 27" extended* - Requires minimum 3" taller spring free length than stock (these were out of stock when I bought the above)

*parking brake cables will not be long enough at full droop so limit straps or flipping your axles (disc only, I think I did a write up on it) is highly recommended.

Edited by MY1PATH

I have been asked several times over the years exactly what length shocks I installed in the rear (of my WD21) so I thought I should copy the info here for all to see without having to PM me :aok:

I was able to pull the part number from one of my rear shocks and they are:

• Manufacture: Pro Comp
  • Model Line: ES3000
  • Model Number: 32450x ("x" digit designates any included mounting hardware)
  • Length - Full Extension: 24.84in
  • Length - Full Compression: 14.82in
  • Travel Distance: 10.02in
  • Mounting Style (Top/Bottom): Loop/Loop
  • Shock Barrel Diameter: 2.36in

These are longer than stock and were installed years before I ever lifted the suspension. You can, and IMO should, install longer than stock shocks in the rear even if your truck is stock, if you off road at all. This is because it allows form more downward travel and helps keep the drooping tire on the ground.

Perhaps for easier reference, this shock is the one listed for a 1983 Toyota 4x4 Pickup with a 3in suspension lift. but please remember that the front shocks on our WD21's is the same as stock when you lift using only the T-Bars ("T-Bar Crank") so do not order the Toyota's fronts and expect them to fit. If you do you will be disappointed.

*Please refer to MY1PATH's post directly above regarding brake cables and limiting straps if you decide to go longer. There are also considerations regarding the driveshaft hitting the crossmember when going longer.

• Like 1

I have three inch calmini suspension lift on right now. Ordered a three inch body lift, I can run on the same shocks correct?

yes, the shocks mount to the FRAME not the body.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Any one know which shocks would fit a D21 Terrano 1994? Tried the procomp site but they don't ask for a chassis number or give any details on open/ closed mm.

Looking for maximum travel with a 2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift (not yet installed).

Cheers