CB Radio Mounting Location

q2h

Hello,

I'm trying to install a CB radio in my '91 PF... but having a hard time finding any suitable location for it. I'm curious as where you all mount yours. Any suggestions will be much appreciate.

Thanks,

Q2H

i have my radioshack one mounted underneath the radio area under the plastic. It fits quite well there. Its more to the right away from the 4wd part and the mic rests in the change thing in the center console. i don't have one of those huge cobra cb's its maybe 4in wide 7in deep or so. I have the antennae mounted to the spare tire carrier with a modified slightly trunk mount( 2 allen screw) piece. It comes up between the tire carrier and the tire nice and low profile wiht the metal antennae not fiberglass. I tapped into the cigarette lighter power for juice BTW.

Scott

I've had mine in many different places over the last 6 months...the two best places I've found are wedged between the center console and passenger seat, or under the stock radio like already suggested...under the radio looks the cleanest, but I like it better to my right side where I can reach it easier...and can just throw the mic on the seat while off roading and not have to worry about it.