ford rim question

Jarsiff

I know that mustangs and maximas can share rims, but will the 15inch rim from a ranger/explorer fit an 02 pathy? Not 100% on the rim width but the tire on it is 30x9.5x15 anyone think that will work for me?

Well, the 02's came with 16" wheels, so you would need a VERY tall tire just to regain the lost inch on the downsizing of the rim. And I imagine the rim would be a bit narrower than stock, so it would be a very tall and narrow tire.

Let us know what you find out.

Edited by Trainman

well I should add that they will be for winter tires, but I read that the largest tire for an r50 without a lift would be a 31x10.5 or approximate, I will def let you guys know though, should find out by this weekend.

even if the lug pattern is the same, and the offset is right - you may have issues fitting a 15" wheel on a 99.5+ pathy... as our calipers are bigger than the 96-99's...

even if the lug pattern is the same, and the offset is right - you may have issues fitting a 15" wheel on a 99.5+ pathy... as our calipers are bigger than the 96-99's...

AHH!, I knew we had SOMETHING better that the older ones :P

Never thought of that, most usually go bigger, not smaller (except for snow tires, as in this case). Good call Pezzy.

thats the other thing I was worried about, depending on what my tire shop guy tells me today I may or may not take one wheel off this weekend and see how things line up. The wheels are 2hours away at my brothers place so i havent even seen em yet.

also, thanks for all the replies guys, in the past i've had to hang around a forum for quite a while to even get the time of day, this is cool :)

Edited by Jarsiff

Welcome aboard Jarsiff!

Seems most of your questions have been answered...

We've all been in that position you've been in where it seems like you need to have a whole bunch of posts before people will take you seriously and answer your questions. We try to be different, and give everyone an equal shot at getting their questions answered in a timely manner....even if they ask the same question as a post 3 posts down - but in that case, we'll just give you a link ;)

thats the other thing I was worried about, depending on what my tire shop guy tells me today I may or may not take one wheel off this weekend and see how things line up. The wheels are 2hours away at my brothers place so i havent even seen em yet.

also, thanks for all the replies guys, in the past i've had to hang around a forum for quite a while to even get the time of day, this is cool :)

This is one only of 2 forums that I have been on that is like that, the rest have been not so good. We try to make everyone feel welcome as that is what makes a forum work.

I also may be buying a set of snow rims for my Pathy ($65 each from the dealer or some other source) so I follow these types of questions with interest.

I keep forgetting that you're in Canada, but you can get black rims much cheaper than that.

I know I can, that is just what the dealer wants.

Maybe I will get these:

WHEEL PROS 22X9.5 DIAMO KARAT CHROME WHEELS

pic1.jpg

And us Canadians are easy to forget :P

Edited by Trainman

Minimum Rim height on the 02's (and I believe 01's) are 16". Anything smaller than that won't clear the calipers.

As posted by Pezzy above, the 16" wheels started with the 99.5 revamp, so yes the 01 would have 16".

When the VQ engine went in, the extra braking was needed to handle the HUGE power increase us lucky dogs with a nice motor have :hide:rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

and how foolish do I feel, this whole time I have been running under the assumption that I have 5 lug rims like the ranger and explorer.....I dont, its a 6 lug hahaha.

I might be able to help my frind with a cherokee into the set with rims as they should fit his truck.

When the VQ engine went in, the extra braking was needed to handle the HUGE power increase us lucky dogs with a nice motor have  :hide:

Sarcasm is another service you offer? :laugh: