Texas Pushes the Envelope!

vengeful

To...80 MPH!...

Only the most remote sections of I-10 and I-20 qualified for the higher speed limit, however. Most of I-10 from El Paso to Kerrville (West of San Antonio) has been raised to 80mph, and only 90 miles of I-20 east of the I-10 split qualified for the increased speed limit - however, not all of that stretch has implemented it.

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/04/473.asp

800px-Texas_80_mph_speed_limit_unveiling.JPG

Cool though...but on the other hand if I lived there I'd be pretty reluctant to drive 80 mph consistently in the Pathy. It already feels like an absolute brick at 70 and get's, for conversations sake, abysmal fuel economy.

Guess I'd be in the slow lane always getting passed :D

i think we should have different speed limits for different lanes and just offset 2 lanes for unlimited and just like seat belt laws...dont have it b/c darwin will take over...

i hate my drive to work cuze i always pull up on an undercover which they have no lights visible including in the back/front glass its just NC uses SHP-### for undercover highway patrol and when i eased up next to him after he dropped 5 off i saw his uniform and i got a couple cars between us and got the hammer down...

high speeds are good IMO except for u have stupid people on the roads...which should have restrictor plates and be banned from the highway...

but anyways enough of the rambling...thats awsome

LOL i need something that's safe to drive over 55 in the first place.... and lifted Nissans arent that.

I've been driving my mom's Acura Legend for last month while working on my truck and that car is built for 100 MPH speed limits (so i can break them)...

The Pathy will stay happy pissing off RVs and amish people in the right lanes 'till then.

FYI Montana doesn't have the "reasonable and prudent" speed limit anymore. It's 75 MPH on I90.

And the Pathfinder will do 110, but it shakes like crazy above 95. I just set cruise to 79 and stay in the right lane. B)

FYI Montana doesn't have the "reasonable and prudent" speed limit anymore. It's 75 MPH on I90.

And the Pathfinder will do 110, but it shakes like crazy above 95. I just set cruise to 79 and stay in the right lane. B)

yeah and there is a night speed limit too.

high speeds are good IMO except for u have stupid people on the roads...

Yeah like the jerk exiting SR512 onto I5 in Tacoma this morning... It was a loaded beyond beleif suburu wagon with four mabe five people in it. When I say loaded I do mean loaded.. they had stuff in there so tightly that it was pressed against the side and rear windows and it "appeared" that the rear passengers even had some stuff on thier laps :blink:

Anyway, they entered I5 then immediately darted over to the far left lane in front of all the people doing a minimum of 65 and drove at a rate of 40-45mph!

Lucky for me I was able to pass them after we came on to I5... I was not one of the poor bastiges who had to slam the brakes to keep from hitting them.

Actions like this (driving slow in the left lanes) seem to be more common of late... why is it so hard to understand that if there is no nothings saying it is, then it is NOT a carpool lane!!! :shrug:

Edited by RedPath88

My pathy will do 80 which you have to do or you will get run over even in the right lane. I commute to the Denver area (not in pathy: work truck) and seriously even big rigs do 80 in the right lane. There is always wind working against you, and there are alot of hills around here just to make things a bit more interesting.

I believe the reasonable and prudent speed limit applies to state highways, not interstates.

That was true, but the "reasonable and prudent" limit was abolished long ago.

The night limit is 65, same as trucks. Passenger daytime is 75

Actions like this (driving slow in the left lanes) seem to be more common of late... why is it so hard to understand that if there is no nothings saying it is, then it is NOT a carpool lane!!!

Even if it is a carpool lane it wont save you any time if you are going slow just stay in the right hand lane. I had a lady doing 50 in the carpool lane coming on I-5 coming down from Stevens Pass where the speed limit is 70.

meh nothing new i do 75-80 regularly, and 85-90 on i-45. whats new is how huge that sign is! ive never seen a sign that big befor just to tell you the limit.

hell they need to fix parts of i-10 before you can even do 65 much less 80. what they need to do is stop giving out licences to idiots. ive seen so many idiots on motorcycles doing wheelies at 90mph and stunting. or people cutting accross three lanes to get to an exit ramp at mid rush hour and even seen three people try to CROSS THE HIGHWAY on FOOT with bags in hand . btw this highway has no median.