Beer

ticker

As I often tell my wife, "I love Beer". I really like all kinds from mass produced stuff to microbrews, domestic(US) and worldwide. Sometimes I find a beer I really like and It becomes my go to favorite for a while.

Right now I lovin' Shiner Bock, which is from a Brewery in Texas. For me it's a perfect summer beer.

What are you all drinking these days? :beer:

Edited by ticker

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a beer fan. And we'v already had this thread. Twice in fact... Although I could only find one of the threads...

Although I'll be happy to sell you any of the four Santa Cruz Mtns. Brewery organic microbrews we have on tap at my place of work! :D

well. for the summer..i really like just havin some corona's.

im working my way down our import aile at work and testing all the different beers...I dont wanna be missing out ;p.

other than corona..maverick is good.. its edmonton brewed so. dunno if anyone else gets it.

99% of the time it's Bud Light or Select for me. I spent a while trying a different type every week, and have found a few I did enjoy, but I just KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) most of the time.

When I work late like tonight I treat myself to a pint of Heineken. Makes the 1/2 hour trip home more tollerable! 20 more minutes! :beer:

Usually just Bud lite, b/c it's all I can afford on straight time!

Edited by dagwoodzz

Beer snob alert...

Tons of good micro's in CO so I've usually got a 6er of one of them in the fridge. Foster's is often there too.

If I could only drink one beer for the rest of my life, it'd be Avery's Hog Heaven. 22oz of 9.2% baby!

Sorry... waited at the (then) only Brit pub in Chicago for 3 years, started working there before I was even legal. B) Been spoiled ever since.

Don't get me started on Scotch... I was wearing a kilt at my wedding, and we've been to Scotland 3 times now (incl honeymoon).

Never trust a guy in a skirt...

busch light. $2 6 packs, 30 bombs, 40's, it doesnt matter

Thats just plain NASTY !!

Good beer is exactly that and what I look for. It's available in all different types and just comes down to the drinkers preference or mood...

Maudite, Stella Artios, Prankster belgian ale, various micro brews... Lager, pilsner, bocks, red, brown, stout, wheat beer; they all have a place in my heart and a time to be enjoyed. I'm sick of the IPA fad though, they all taste like crap now...

You drink Ameri-piss if you want to pee a lot.... ;)

B

Yep, hard to go wrong with Bass or Newc Brown. If both are avail on tap... or not... try a mix.

Other good Brit stuff:

If you like Black & Tans, try Newc instead of Bass/Harp for a Black & Brown.

Another variation: use a hard cider instead of Bass/Harp with stout of choice for a Poor Man's Black Velvet. ["proper" Black Velvet is Guiness on champagne, but I'll take the cider]

Yes, tap stout should be served/stored just below room temp -- we used to keep the keg on the floor behind the bar. Besides tasting and pouring better, it helps keep the stout on top in these half&half pours.

-alcohol- :beer:

Beer doesn't turn my crank, really. I'm more of an ice cold, refreshinc cocktail fan.

Although... when it's really hot I'll sip on a brewskie!

If I were to drink beer and only beer for the rest of my life, first choice would be a Mac & Jacks, second Canadian, third Heineken.

A close family friend (someone my dad and all of his siblings grew up with) is a co-owner of Mac & Jacks Brewery out of Redmond Washington.

Pretty sweet, we get free kegs for family functions, like my grandparents 50th two years ago... wow. December 24th, beer in kegs on the porch, fresh snow falling... Fill up a glass and stroll back inside, listen to the family playin away on assorted instruments, fire going...

AH

Okay I'm done now... it's enough to turn me into a beer drinker again!

Up here, it depends what the bar/restaurant serves... we have two main Breweries, Labatts & Molson. If it's a Labatt's bar, I get Alexander Keith's, if it's a Molson Bar, I get Coors Light. I drink both @ home too... usually whatever is cold in the fridge.