? geared twrds transworld, but anyone can answer

rdnksailor

i've been getting a lot of advice of where to go to get some accessories, but i see you've got a basket rack on yours. the only maker i can find that has one to fit my year/model is wilderness. i like what they got but not the price. where did you get yours?

i also want a 3" body lift. what else needs to be done (besides tires) to accomplish that (shocks, brake lines, etc?). i've only ever worked the mechanics part of my trucks. never body.

im no stranger to mud. i've been stuck a couple few times in my '92 f150 4x4. and replacin a 351 aint cheap. it is a first for doin a lift.

2nd day i owned my pathy:

S4020413.jpg

my 'clean' pathy dont worry it wont happen again

Most of the work to do the lift is mechanical, extending lines and hoses. The rest is just adding spacers and replacing with longer bolts. Many BL discussions on the board with all the info you could want.

What kind of rack are you looking for; a bolt on, clamp on, or just a bolt on basket? Most baskets just clamp onto a factory or aftermarket 2 bar rack.

My Colman basket on a Thule clamp on rack:

MS018.jpg

And on my 88s stock rack:

8808001.jpg

Same basket on both racks, I just swapped it over to the red one a month ago (no wiring for the lights on that truck).

Edited by GrimGreg

Good day and welcome!

I purchased Transworld's Pathy as he is shipping out for a couple years with the Coast Guard.

He purchased the rack through Summit Racing.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

The more difficult is getting bars to mount the roof to! I fabricated my own. Transworld bolted his to the factory roof rack - this works, but only for light loads (100 lbs max, I'd say)

There are several threads here about doing body lifts. Here's a good one:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5599

post-9-1150737894.jpg

to answer both of you, i dont have any cargo bars on my pathy.

and the load i'd like to carry... well lets just say its not going to be for looks. minimum of a spare tire cooler full of beer and fishing/camping equipment.

and if at all possible, i'd looking to one with a light bare attachment.

should i bolt it striaght to the body of get the cargo bars?

Again, doing a search on this website will help you a bunch. We've all considered and discussed these topics, some over and over... And some of us have tackled the challenges as well and reported back on the goods and bads...

To summarize: 33" tires will require a lot more than just a 3" body lift. All that weight will cause a bunch of other issues.

Unless you are ready to start cutting sheet metal and/or beefing up everything, 31x10.5 is about as much as tire as you want.

yesterday i found a local welder who is helping me out with custom brackets for my puch bumper. i'll have pics of that up soon. along with that i also found a rack im looking at. the welder and i are going to customize the rack directly to the body vice adding a cargo bar. P...