Marijuna?

TeenZombie

Should marijuna be legalized?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should marijuna be legalized?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Extremely small Hatian population in NY, same for Jamaican, only large minority is really of Hispanic origin. And from what I have seen, and the knowledge I have of the gang related world in NY, they are not a major player.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mob's been gone for quite sometime, before Giuliani got into office even. Gang crim as well is down to almost none existant, thanks to our DA offices.

the mob might be gone in NYC but it still exists.... they are sneaky bastards. I am married to family that has.. how shall we say..."ties"

I have smoked weed about 10 times now, to me at least the effects are not THAT STRONG. It is not like you smoke weed and then you start seeing all this crazy @!*%. It makes you laugh and chill out, and if you smoke a lot you just get really lazy and tired. Most people just use to have a good time when they feel like @!*%.

Edited by TeenZombie01

While you can have a medical marijuana permit in CA it's still illegal. The federal courts ruled that it was illegal because it was in conflict with a federal law.

That being said no cop out here is going to take you in for having a little pot on you, or for smoking in your own home.

I don't smoke. Don't really want to. But I'm not some whiney cry baby who says "oh that's so bad, you're an evil bad person for smoking it." I'm under the impression that it's fine in moderation. Just like everything else too much is bad for you.

Nope, THC (which is the main cause of the "high" in Marijuana) is essentially the same mind altering substance in acid. It affects such things as your motor skills, and not having anyone stoned out of their mind legally driving on the highway or operating any sort of machinery.

lol! What??? dude. read up: www.erowid.com compare the two, they are NOTHING alike, chemically or otherwise.

Don't mean to be a smart ass or anything, I'm just sayin.

EDIT: my bad, apparently its been adressed. I'm keeping the post up for the sake of the link. Theres some good factual reading about any kind of drug on that site and its worth it to educate yourself on some of them.

Edited by derogate

All it will do is contribute to the fall of society

AHAHAHA !! Now thats quite a reach !! I live in green, fertile North Cali and society hasn't seemed to have colapsed around here... Plenty of weed though !! I hardly touch the stuff anymore, but it's nice occcasionally. :shrug:

I'd say the ignorance, hatred and religion (damn, all the same really) that spawn wars and violence is what will bring down society, not a joint !!

B

Marijuana was a mainstay of American farmers until the government decided that it was a "bad thing" in the 1930's. The man appointed to start the war on pot stood on a bridge overlooking hemp fields, marijuana as far as the eye could see....he shook his head and said "Where do we even start?"

Factoid #1: In 1619 the Virginia Assembly passed legislation requiring every farmer to grow hemp. Hemp was allowed to be exchanged as legal tender in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland.

We're basically fighting a losing battle on the pot front. It's completely useless to try to regulate or control, mostly because the plant happily grows anywhere there is water, sun, fertilizer and dirt. Hence the name "weed".

Factoid #2: After the Mexican Revolution of 1910, Mexican immigrants flooded into the U.S., introducing to American culture the recreational use of marijuana. The drug became associated with the immigrants, and the fear and prejudice about the Spanish-speaking newcomers became associated with marijuana. Anti-drug campaigners warned against the encroaching "Marijuana Menace," and terrible crimes were attributed to marijuana and the Mexicans who used it.

Personally, I would like to see it legalized for personal use and growth. The effects of pot are not so pronounced as to need supervision while under it's influence, nor are they prone to inducing a person to violent ends.

Factoid #3: During the Great Depression, massive unemployment increased public resentment and fear of Mexican immigrants, escalating public and governmental concern about the problem of marijuana. This instigated a flurry of research which linked the use of marijuana with violence, crime and other socially deviant behaviors, primarily committed by "racially inferior" or underclass communities. By 1931, 29 states had outlawed marijuana.

I smoke. It's great for relaxing and taking it easy, but you have to know when it is and isn't appropriate to smoke. People that smoke all the time just for the effect really are missing the point. I believe weed is a nice relaxation substance that has little long-term effect on folks and is very controllable. That said, I haven't tried any other drug besides alcohol and a few of my GF's ADHD prescription Adderall pills(resembles coffee x3). I still remember all my data and don't have problems with anything that I can directly attribute to smoking.

Here's a good link with more info: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sh...e/etc/cron.html

I haven't touched the stuff in nearly 8 years. I think it should be legal, along with all "illegal" drugs. It's not like the entire population is going to run out and start doing crack. If it were legal, I still wouldn't smoke again, just made me tiered hungry and stupid, no thanks.

As for the how do you test for stuff while driving and pulled over, they already have DUI (Driving Under the Influence) which covers anything that would have you in an altered state, not safe to be driving.

Free drugs for all, let the idiot addicts go crawl in a corner and overdose, let natural selection run it's course -thnkboutit-

ah yes, there is no mob in jersey nor chicago either. :rolleyes:

Stop watching the Sopranos.

Also, have smoked pot, as I once was a dealer, Max knows of my exploits. But I do not advocate the legalization of it in any way shape or form, not only cause its bad, but takes business away from people.

Edited by nycxice13

I do not advocate the legalization of it in any way shape or form, not only cause its bad, but takes business away from people.

Nah, they'll just have to get a real job, like maybe picking crops after we get rid of the illegals :D

Nah, they'll just have to get a real job, like maybe picking crops after we get rid of the illegals :D

hahahaha.. there you go..

never seen sopranos.. so you're saing there is no mob? well, maybe but the pipeline is still there.. someone is in charge i guarantee it.

you legalize it it's a legit business then... tax revenues would also help.

someone mentioned that in AU they have curbside mj tests.. they have them here too.. the cops that watch the truckers can perform many test right there on the spot.. dipstick stuff... also hand/skin swipe can be performed to find out if one has been in contact with a drug within some time line.. it can be enforcable if we were serious about the war on drugs.. as it is the jails are overcrowded and many of those folks are there because of some petty stuff like some pot.. nobody is going out there high and causing much of any kind of problems.. this is not that kind of drug. you either sleep, like gg said, or you're almost there. ;):D

As for the how do you test for stuff while driving and pulled over, they already have DUI (Driving Under the Influence) which covers anything that would have you in an altered state, not safe to be driving.

Just dangle a twinkie in front of the driver and see if he goes for it.

As far as legalizing it, the trouble I see is that US culture couldn't handle it as a whole. We don't have the same attitudes as European countries towards drugs and alcohol and if you suddenly lift the ban on something like pot and make it as easily attainable as booze I think you'd run in to big public safety problems (I've known people who swear they could drive fine when high). Plus you know any weed that passed through a USDA test is going to be bunk crap anyhow.

I don't smoke often enough to make getting it a problem and I think that's best for me. If I could get weed at 7-11 I'd just play my PS2 all weekend and the lawn would never get mowed. Maybe having to hunt for it is a good thing, moderation due to availability. Keeps it flowing like a small stream instead of a river.

i'd rather not see it legal. If it were, the canadian government would charge way too much money for it like they do with cigarettes (which should be illegal). I think it will get as far as being decriminalized here in Canada, but I think we're a little more lax on that stuff than our american friends. Everytime I smoke some in the states, I have to hide inside a house/hotel room etc. just because i feel that everyone around me is watching and will report it to the cops. In Canada, it's at the point where it almost as acceptable as smoking (now that they've banned it from all public places) so I really don't care if it's legalized or not for the criminal reasons. I just know that the canadian government would tax the hell out of it while warning you about all the dangers to your health (like beer and ciggies). They won't make those illegal because they generate too much income for the government. I know that our government would just waste the money on stupid social programs that i'd never need anyways so I don't want to see it legal. Besides, it is, after all, a drug, and is harmful to your health (tar etc.) and don't tell me smoking it through a water pipe is somehow 'better' for you it's been proven that there is almost no 'filtering effect" all it does is cool the smoke.. Weed has 10 times the tars and resins that cigarettes do. And for certain people, it can be a gateway drug. I've had good friends go from coffee -> beer -> weed -> mushrooms ->acid -> cocaine -> crack/meth and it's farking sad to see them swept up in it and can't break the chain.

i gotta go to work, i'll finish this later

Ever talk to a person who has smoked alot of marijuana in the past? Not exactly crisp are they?

I just heard a Interview with Willie Nelson on Sunday, for a pot smokin' guy that in his seventies he's pretty sharp.

Legalization of marijuana would suck-having a corprate structure surrounding it would be a definate buzz kill. ;) While the idea of popping into the corner store for a dime bag is nice in theory how would it be regulated? The FDA would have to get involved, and then it just becomes too messy with the govenment.

Decriminalization is better-you take away the criminal aspect and you deflate a whole lot of the drug trade, if you or I could grow and distribute it then you kill off alot of the serious problems that narco-traffic brings.

Oh yeah and back to Willie-he once drove accross Oaklahoma in a car powered by hemp oil.

Ok then, well if you want to go through the whole idea of puting marijuana in the same category as alcohol as it relates to driving, first how do we test for it? Breathelyzer for alcohol.

Second why should we legalize it? Its proven that it effects alot of essential brain functions.

Because it actually has medical uses, and hemp can be used for alot of things. we could save a lot of the trees if we used hemp paper for instance. plus the police could start fighting alot of worse crimes than messing with a kid who has a joint. Look i do not smoke pot anymore and i do not know if i would start again if it became legal but all i am saying is i have been there. back in the day i smoked pot all day end day, drove around probably better than some people do sober as i would always be so paranoid. Besides we have alot bigger problems than pot. i say legalize it, tax it and use the money for positive things like finding a way to get our troops out of iraq ASAP. :type: Oh yeah and to answer your question as how to test for it... easy pupils. and certain other tests yeild results instantly. cops could carry an instant pee-test with them... who knows I just do not like people saying smoking pot and driving is as bad as drinking. JUST LOOK at the facts how many people have been killed by driving high compared to being drunk. I rest my case -argue-

Not entirely true. DUI is Driving Under The Influence of any mind-altering substance, whether it be alcohol, or drugs. DWI is Driving While Intoxicated (also phrased as Driving while under the influence of alcohol). DWI is a subsection of DUI, but it is not mutually exclusive. Alcohol is included in DUI.

Some states don't even have DWI Laws, only DUI as a blanket charge for everything.