new to the family

Hey, Ive had several wd21s an 88, 89, 91, 94 and 95.....currently i just have the 95 to play with....what mods do you think i should do first? 3" SL, 3" BL? then some tires? armor?

and yes i drive an r50 for a trail beater but am looking to move onto something that has a frame

i doubt ill be SASing this pig - right now it currently gets 18mpg...suttub ib 235/75 a/t's... i can easily upgrade to 31s as i have an extra set laying around -

what type of sterring do you suggest? im not interested in the "custom" steering like the guy did over on AC board...lots of people were very skeptical about that (by the way...that guy isnt on this board is he?)

:blink: That is a custom setup for sure!

I like the earth digger in the front :rolleyes:

As for LP or Cal, I will hold my opinions on that as I have not yet come to my own conclusion. There are some on this board that have one or the other... I am sure they will post up there experiences with each :aok:

Depends on $... BL is cheap and easy on the scale of things. That gains little in my book...

SL is more important with the SU in mind. Steering Upgrade... It seems that L&P is better/ prefered ( :shrug: ) to Calmini, but both are argueably better than stock. I have run neither...

As a wheeler that has done mods to their rigs, your questions seems very vague... What to do plan to do with the truck ? This sets the priority of armor, tire size, lift, etc...

Didn't you want to SAS that R50 ?? Where are you comming from Max ?

B

actually no i dont think my r50 is a ladys truck - with that being said - im thinking about SASing the r50 but again - not sure as money is tight once again (that happens when u dont have a job)

as for the wd - ill prob go wheeling with it but nothing like i do in the r50 (crazy dont give an f- style) so if i do a 3 on 3 get some 33s....do you think steering would be necesary? and i prob wont take it on rocks so i dont think im worried about armor -

also sorry for not specififying last night - i had a dream of SASing the r50 and lifting the wd lol so it all makes more sense now

What I'm planning on doing as far as steering on mine this summer is the L&P Centerlink, already have the IA Brace, and my idler arm is fine, as is the pitman arm...then just getting the Calmini HD Tie Rod Adjusters...that's one route you can go with it as far as mix and match. I suppose I'll beef up the pitman and idler arms when time, money, and necessity permit. Stock tie rod ends themselves are fine for that kind of set up...they're actually very strong...it's the adjusters, centerlink, and the arms you need to focus on. The only thing Calmini uses for the tie rod ends are McQuay Norris ends (which you can order from Advanced Auto or Autozone anyways)...they're just a beefed up stock replacement off the shelf....and it's what I have on my Pathy now as I had to replace my aging ends already.

Edited by Dave_C

http://www.purenissan.com/wd21_steering.htm

I AM THE JUGGANAUT BIIITCH

i will break that...as i do everything else lol

What I'm planning on doing as far as steering on mine this summer is the L&P Centerlink, already have the IA Brace, and my idler arm is fine, as is the pitman arm...then just getting the Calmini HD Tie Rod Adjusters...that's one route you can go with it as far as mix and match. I suppose I'll beef up the pitman and idler arms when time, money, and necessity permit. Stock tie rod ends themselves are fine for that kind of set up...they're actually very strong...it's the adjusters, centerlink, and the arms you need to focus on. The only thing Calmini uses for the tie rod ends are McQuay Norris ends (which you can order from Advanced Auto or Autozone anyways)...they're just a beefed up stock replacement off the shelf....and it's what I have on my Pathy now as I had to replace my aging ends already.

thanks for the info on the calmini.

i currently have moog replacement parts (inner outer etc) and they seem fairly sturdy - what do u think of that?

and yes i drive an r50 for a trail beater but am looking to move onto something that has a frame

dude, you fell for all that bs talk? *shakes head and walks away*

they are zone body....made in 3 parts woo hoo..lol ill pass

plus theres NO WAY i could afford one...and i would definately NOT take anything newer than a 2001ish wheeling

only because id break it....

they are zone body....made in 3 parts woo hoo..lol ill pass

plus theres NO WAY i could afford one...and i would definately NOT take anything newer than a 2001ish wheeling

only because id break it....

I agree with you on not wanting to take something that new wheeling...although there are quite a few guys in the Xterra club that I go wheeling with that have some pretty damn capable '05 and up Xterras that are just simply badass.

I have yet to see an '05 or newer Pathy out on the trails, and quite frankly I just don't think they belong there...too luxury for my tastes, but I think the R50s are a good mix of rugged and comfort, and still look sweet when they're lifted and outfitted for wheeling. I wish my Pathy was that comfortable.