Tranny Fluid additive?

Hey Guys I just got the auto tranny fluid replaced.

I seem to recall that the Pathy had a friction additive for the fluid and the guy didn't know, just got indignant and said he did it according to the computer specs!

Anyway I went through 2 months of a clunky rear diff when the additive wasn't put in and need to make sure.

Does anyone know if there is an extra additive in the Nissan tranny for the 95 Pathy?

TIA

Dan

The factory trans fluid(Matic-D), already has a modifier in the fluid. Thats why it already smells burnt. There is a additive that you can get from nissan that is a bottle of friction modifier. Not sure of the part number though. Used it for squeak noise in late 90's sentra auto trans.

I would say Lucas tranny additive. I put some of that stuff in the tranny and it worked great. You could add it to manual or auto tranny. Hard shifting went away and it seemed to run smoother.

I 2nd the Lucas, I used it in my BMW and it made a noticable improvement (37 yr old transmission)

Guest coachsteve

i definitely had to use additive with the limiteded slip rear end on my 95 pathfinder. the guys at autozone gave me the stuff they carry - said the newer Dodges also use it as well.