Door pins

jj big shoe

I was wondering if anyone has some insight on how to replace the door hinge pins. The tech section says it's not a DIY kinda job and I was wondering who wrote it. Could you get at it easier if you unbolted the hinge from the truck? Mine are getting pretty loose. The chime is going off in a right turn and the body lines aren't matching up very well anymore so I think its about time I looked into it.

The two pins in the upper and bottom part of your door? They are easy to do, though 2 people will help much more. All you need (all i used when i took em off) was a hammer, a little pick , and a pair of needle nose pliers.

It's not always that simple...

88 and I have also done it. 88 Say's not again, to much trouble. I say only with help, it was a big PITA but it is doable.

If you search more there are more posts about this process (from both 88 and I) Just don't recall where they were now :shrug:

Edited by RedPath88

It's a helluva lot easier if you remove the hinges from the doors. You'd be killing yourself trying to replace the hinge pins with the doors still attached to the body, but if you do go this route, make it easier on yourself and remove the fender. Make sure you don't overtightened the bolts or else they'll brake inside the body......don't ask how I know.

there's no need to mark it since when it comes out the rack at the factory, there's a nice glob of "glue" that leaves an imprint. The door will stay stuck to the body after you remove all 4 bolts. It just takes a nice tug for it to come off. Be aware, the door IS heavy. There is where you need an extra hand to help.

I've removed all my doors and replaced all the hinge pins. Well the front ones, that is.

• 4 years later...

I need to replace the hinges on my trucks drivers side front door and hinge pins on the passenger door. Whats the best way to go about this?

From what it looks like, and written in this thread, the front fender has to come off? Really? Just to change out the hinges? Is there any other way to go about this?

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by PATHFINDER95NI