R50 Bumpers

How many would be interested & what time frame?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How many would be interested & what time frame?

• Yes- When they are ready.
    • Yes- In 2 months.
    • Yes- In 3-4 months.
    • Yes- In 5-6months.
    • Yes- In 1 year or longer.

This summer I had a run in with a delivery truck while parked at a coffee shop. His insurance covered the cost of repairs...way, way more than a custom front bumper, spacer lift, and winch cost me. :sssh: Here's a before and after of the whole thing.

IMG_20140612_163152_zps22efe2c3.jpg

IMG_20141224_160806_zps90cfe783.jpg

IMG_20141224_160819_zpsa2d419b7.jpg

download_20140629_185408_zpsxijqwved.jpe

Edited by misterwizard
  • Like 1

Almost makes me want someone hit me! Great looking bumper. You say its a custom made job? Any blueprints avaiable? Thanks, Tim.

Thanks, Tim! I like how it came out. A few tweaks are left including an aluminum skid covering the lowest part and bent under the front lower radiator support and a set of Hella 700ff lights.

As far as blueprints...I've got nothing for you. Sorry. This is the first bumper build that I didn't fab myself. I had an acquaintance fabricate this one and it came out far better than I could have ever come up with on my own. We took our original styling cues from Armorology's Toyota bumpers and then tweaked things for the Pathy.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I had an acquaintance fabricate this one and it came out far better than I could have ever come up with on my own. We took our original styling cues from Armorology's Toyota bumpers and then tweaked things for the Pathy.

Really nice looking bumper. When I cross that bridge, this is very much what I'd like to end up with.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have the ARB Winvh Mount Bull Bar on my 2004 Nissan Pathfinder. It is listed on the ARB website as only fitting up to 2002 models, but they are wrong.

I origionally purchased it expecting to have to modify it slightly, but no mods needed, it bolted right on, all bolt holes lined up, and plenty strong. In the 6 years I have had it on my truck, I have winched off it many times with a 10,000lb winch and a snatch block. So I have put 20,000Lbs loads on it and it never budged.

I highly recommend it.

Next time I take it apart, I plan to weld the mounts directly to the frame with some stitch welds just to ensure its strength, but that is a want, not a need!

Thank you so much for this information. I have spent weeks digging for info on this exact install!! I have a 2004 Pathfinder I am building into an expedition truck to pull our offroad camper trailer 22,000 miles across America and Canada next year and the ARB distributer and ARB Australia both told me they couldn't guarantee that the bumper would fit because it's only listed as fitting 2000-2002 so it would be a one time non refundable sale. You have put my mind at ease!! Do you mind if I ask what which you run? I'm looking at a smittybilt X2O 12k LB winch. Are you able to send me a pic or 2 of the bumper installed. Did you paint it or leave it black??

Kind regards,

Josh Rave

Joshuamrave@gmail.com

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this information. I have spent weeks digging for info on this exact install!! I have a 2004 Pathfinder I am building into an expedition truck to pull our offroad camper trailer 22,000 miles across America and Canada next year and the ARB distributer and ARB Australia both told me they couldn't guarantee that the bumper would fit because it's only listed as fitting 2000-2002 so it would be a one time non refundable sale. You have put my mind at ease!! Do you mind if I ask what which you run? I'm looking at a smittybilt X2O 12k LB winch. Are you able to send me a pic or 2 of the bumper installed. Did you paint it or leave it black??

Kind regards,

Josh Rave

Joshuamrave@gmail.com

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You should definitely paint it, I've seen way too many ARB bumpers completely rusted because it only has the powdercoat on it. If you're only here for the summer months though you probably wouldn't need to worry about it.

Here's mine6teMxCr.jpg?1

• Like 2

Maybe only has the primer? Powder coat is one of the best way to paint things, so it shouldn't rust if powder coated. Unless ARB has crappy quality control.

Maybe only has the primer? Powder coat is one of the best way to paint things, so it shouldn't rust if powder coated. Unless ARB has crappy quality control.

I'm pretty sure it is a powdercoat, but I was also told by a parts guy at my dealership that they're designed to rust. I don't beleive that at all but I've seen enough "surface" rusted out bars to at least question what's causing it here.