R50 Bumpers

How many would be interested & what time frame?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. How many would be interested & what time frame?

• Yes- When they are ready.
    • Yes- In 2 months.
    • Yes- In 3-4 months.
    • Yes- In 5-6months.
    • Yes- In 1 year or longer.

Hey guys/gals,

Well I am going to get into making Front Winch mount Bumpers for the R50's and I will post pics in the next few weeks of a proto-type.

I am posting this because I would like to know how many round about to make so I can order the steel.

Even if it is 6 months I will still order the steel for all just becaues I'll keep in stock so I can keep my prices low.

My goal is to have these ready by July or August but I might have them finished alot sooner, as my wife has kinda been on me for hers. So if I do 1 I my as well do a few more. BTW slider will be coming as well.

Thanks,

:beer:

Edited by Pezzy

I think you deserve a big :bow: for supporting the R50's. Will you be making a skid like the shrockworks bumpers have an an option to run from the bottom of the bumper to the bottom of the radiator mount?

Will you be making a skid like the shrockworks bumpers have an an option to run from the bottom of the bumper to the bottom of the radiator mount?

The buper will be able to use my existing front plate. At least this is what I am trying incorporate. This way all my customers don't have to spend more money on a new plate. With this design you won't loose the aproach angle that comes with having a BlackPanther skidplate on there. Your existing front skids will all work perfectly with no Gap. I am really trying for a design that I have on paper to fab up.

I am drawing it up then I will schedule in for the laser this week so hopefully it will be cut by Friday if not it will be the week after.

We use our trucks and to loose any approach angle would not be good on the trails we go on.

My existing front plates for the R50's all cover the rad to answer that. The bumper will be formed so that no skidplate is needed to cover a gap.

As this is what I have been working on for the R50's

blackpanther_armor004002.jpg

winch_mounted.jpg

winch_mount_hidden_bumper.jpg

So to answer Fueler's question that is a hidden winch mount for the R50's

I want one when they are ready, but I have a few questions. Will they have turn signals incorporated? Fog light? Will they fit 96-99.5, 99.5-2004, or everything? Will they have brush guards like the TJM, a single hoop like the ARB, neither like the T-17 TJM? or will the buyer have the option? Recovery points?

Any chance you can do rear too? I would love a rear bumper with a class 3 incorporated, rear step to get up to the top, and side steps like in the new xterra to reach stuff on top. Oh recovery points too.

Nice job on the winch mount Runner Man. This may be a little far ahead but what about shipping? Do you think it will go LTL or UPS etc... Well, I'll have my truck paid of by June or July, trying to do it early, and I'll be placing an order for the skid plate. Keep up the good work. :aok:

Edited by Trialsin26

I want one when they are ready, but I have a few questions. Will they have turn signals incorporated? Fog light? Will they fit 96-99.5, 99.5-2004, or everything? Will they have brush guards like the TJM, a single hoop like the ARB, neither like the T-17 TJM? or will the buyer have the option? Recovery points?

Any chance you can do rear too? I would love a rear bumper with a class 3 incorporated, rear step to get up to the top, and side steps like in the new xterra to reach stuff on top. Oh recovery points too.

Ok I can answer these.

Turn signals- Yes they will.

Fog Lights- I have something in the works soon with a company on lights.

Fit 99.5-04- Yes as wifes pathy is a 03

Brush Guards- They will all come with a Hoop

recovery Points- Yes 2

Rear Bumper- After I finish the Front Bumper and the sliders for the R50

Not sure of any type of design for for the rear yet as I am trying to set my goal on the front first.

I hope this helps.

Nice job on the winch mount Runner Man. This may be a little far ahead but what about shipping? Do you think it will go LTL or UPS etc... Well, I'll have my truck paid of by June or July, trying to do it early, and I'll be placing an order for the skid plate. Keep up the good work. :aok:

I'm not sure what LTL is? Just fill me in. The bumpers will be going by truck Freight so I have to look into that as most things ship UPS.

The hidden winch mount and all my plates will go by UPS Ground. I usually ship on Fridays.

New site is coming in the next little while so I have been busy on that as well. Old ones kinda getting to be a mess.

Any chance you can do rear too?  I would love a rear bumper with a class 3 incorporated, rear step to get up to the top, and side steps like in the new xterra to reach stuff on top.  Oh recovery points too.

Not to postjack or anything, and definitely not to draw away from BPAs business, but I've got a guy in Phoenix who is going to be making rear tire carrier bumpers for the R50s. Check out the R50 Tire Carrier thread for more info. They are a lot simpler than what you had described though.

Link to the thread: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=8486

:o Runnerman :o

You totally have my interest....this Summer for me includes skids, sliders, and I can only hope a steel bumper...with winch to follow. I absolutely love the T-17 bumper is this the best comparison for what you are designing (that we all are keeping you from doing! ;) ).

---> I think that pezz-ster has proven that 96-99/99.5-04 are very interchangeable! As well as I bought that silly Westin bull-bar for a 99.5+ that fits my 98.

Runnerman I would want to package all those pieces together..bumper, superskid pkge, and sliders so I can prepare for the $damage! Keep us in touch, and by the ..

THANKS!!!

Edited by 98silverpathy

Runner- you can put me down for one but when I can order it depends on the price and shipping cost, but I guess you will have a better idea once you have it made. I would also be interested in the sliders. How do you plan to make them? More like the Rock Sliders where the stick out a bit so you can use them as a step, or more tucked under the truck? I will also be ordering a skid plate from you this summer. I need to purchase a new Optimum battery first.

Edited by Trialsin26

I like the look of the tube sliders like the Shrockworks ones. I would think if you put some sort of grippy material on them they'd be fine to stand on even if they're round.

I have a solution for that round tubing without using any sticky tape P...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the perfect winch for that hideaway mount, weighs in at 54 lbs, only draw back is it only has 50' of line but nothing that cant be overcome with a couple of straps if needed...

I WANT ONE !!!!! -bounce-

post-7-1145830423.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My wife just backed into my pathfinder. I need a front bumper, and I'm ready to pull the trigger. How much longer? Also can you adjust it to fit an earlier R50? 96-99 have a shorter grill, the 99.5-04 sticks out a bit.