Saggy Bottom

rmd0311

Do you have any weight in the back of the truck? Subwoofers, stuff?

It definitely looks odd in the photo, but can't be sure whether it actually is sagging or not. Nissan trucks are supposed to have a positive rake (higher in the rear than the front) for optimal handling performance. It is possible that the springs are tired and can't support the load as well as they used to.

Yes, definitely being on a hill could make it look off. However, from the pics it looks almost like your front is higher than stock, which is then making it appear the rear is sagging. Get it on totally level ground, then measure from the wheel well to the ground. The should be equal, or a little higher in the rear.

Get it on totally level ground, then measure from the wheel well to the ground. The should be equal, or a little higher in the rear.

The front should be about a 1/2 inch higher than the rear with the over-fender (fender flare).

Go here to see where and what to measure.

And do it on the level for sure.

Edited by Trainman

My rear springs are dead...bottomed-out for good. The previous owner had a horse trailer he towed, and mine has the original suspension with 108k miles.

If I were you, or me, I would get the OME suspension. If we keep the Pathfinder thats what's going on mine. I also have a sub and a tow hitch and the outside spare stuff but still...mine sags way too much.

Yeah., its hard to tell with mine at times... I wonder how much that tow hitch and spare weigh., should not be making a difference though.

Bottom-out??? I have a slight idea of what this term means but could anyone elaborate.

Bottom-out??? I have a slight idea of what this term means but could anyone elaborate.

The springs are compressed so much that the bump stops (rubber) on the frame touch the axle/spring platform.

Most reviews that I read before I bought mine noted this as an "issue" with the R50 Pathfinders. It is what contributes to its nice, car like ride; a soft suspension.