Remote entry reprogramming procedures, 96-up Pathy

What is the model and FCC ID on your remote?

Model: x32a1 fccid: x32a ic:8797a-a purchased from iKeyless.com specific to the '98 r50. The main issue isn't the fob as far as I can tell. After sticking the key in and out of the ignition I can't get the lights to flash to go to the next step. When I first started trying it did flash one time, but I haven't been able to get it to again. I'm hoping there is some other way to get it into programming mode.

I figured out that it's the smart entry control module. I don't get the ringing noise when I have my headlights on, door open or key in the ignition either. Looks like I'm in for a project...

If neither of those procedures works for you, check your fuses. There is a 7.5 amp fuse in the fuse panel that feeds the remote control module, which also feeds the horn and hazard lights from what I hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Did this procedure Saturday with no problem. Ordered a pair of key fobs from eBay for $27.30, and followed the instructions.

1. Make sure both fobs have batteries and are ready.

2. Sit in the driver's seat, and use the driver's-side power door lock button to lock all the doors. You are now sitting in your Pathfinder with it not running and all the doors locked with you inside.

3. Put the ignition key in the ignition and remove it six times within 10 seconds. You don't have to do this blazing fast, just be steady - all the way in, all the way out 6 times. (insert "that's what she said" here, hehhhhhhhh)

4. The hazard lights should blink. You don't need anyone outside to watch, you will see the lights on the dash and hear the relay click.

5. Very important, because I forgot this the first time around: When the hazard lights blink, put the key back into the ignition and turn it to "ACC."

6. Press any button on the key fob, and the hazard lights should blink.

7. If you have a second fob to program, use the driver's-side power door lock button to unlock then re-lock the doors, then hit any button on the second fob.

8. Manually (with your thumb) unlock the driver's door and exit the vehicle. Check both fobs to verify function. Mine unlock the driver's door with the first press of unlock, then all other doors and rear hatch with the second press. No lights blink or horns sound when unlocking, but the hazard lights blink twice when I lock it.

Unfortunately, even though the fob has a trunk release button, it does not function on my Pathfinder. Of course, pressing unlock twice unlocks the hatch, but there seems to be still no way to just pop the back glass. Oh well, the gas struts on that thing are shot anyway. . . .

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Did this procedure Saturday with no problem. Ordered a pair of key fobs from eBay for $27.30, and followed the instructions.

1. Make sure both fobs have batteries and are ready.

2. Sit in the driver's seat, and use the driver's-side power door lock button to lock all the doors. You are now sitting in your Pathfinder with it not running and all the doors locked with you inside.

3. Put the ignition key in the ignition and remove it six times within 10 seconds. You don't have to do this blazing fast, just be steady - all the way in, all the way out 6 times. (insert "that's what she said" here, hehhhhhhhh)

4. The hazard lights should blink. You don't need anyone outside to watch, you will see the lights on the dash and hear the relay click.

5. Very important, because I forgot this the first time around: When the hazard lights blink, put the key back into the ignition and turn it to "ACC."

6. Press any button on the key fob, and the hazard lights should blink.

7. If you have a second fob to program, use the driver's-side power door lock button to unlock then re-lock the doors, then hit any button on the second fob.

8. Manually (with your thumb) unlock the driver's door and exit the vehicle. Check both fobs to verify function. Mine unlock the driver's door with the first press of unlock, then all other doors and rear hatch with the second press. No lights blink or horns sound when unlocking, but the hazard lights blink twice when I lock it.

Unfortunately, even though the fob has a trunk release button, it does not function on my Pathfinder. Of course, pressing unlock twice unlocks the hatch, but there seems to be still no way to just pop the back glass. Oh well, the gas struts on that thing are shot anyway. . . .

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot for the life of me get my 1997 r 50 into programming mode. Does any one have a step by step guide to trouble shooting what could be wrong.

My security light flashes when all the doors are locked. Could this be the problem?

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem some of you were having getting my keyless entry into programming mode. No matter what I did I couldn't get the lights to flash. Skip forward a couple years to today, I was checking fluid levels under the hood before a road trip and saw the control box on the drivers side that said Keyless Entry on it, and thought maybe I should take a quick look under the panel. Everything looked OK - the brown box was where it should be. I tried to remove it but only got it part way and didn't want to force it and risk damage so I just stuck it back into place. It felt like it reseated so I hopped back in the drivers seat, locked the doors, stuck the key in and out, in and out, and right when I was about to give up for the last time it flashed. I turned to aux, hit a button on the keychain and I NOW HAVE WORKING KEYLESS ENTRY!!! I'm pretty excited.

Edited by agenda893
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used one of these online instructions... I remember to insert the key 8 times in less than 10 seconds....

Another isuue you need tomknow is the code of the remote... My 2000 Pathfinder was build in december 1999... Somthe code of the remote is KBRASTU09, for Pathfinders made from january 2000 the code is KBRASTU10.... Etc... You have to find out wich code is your remote control...

http://www.ehow.com/how_7236224_program-nissan-pathfinder-keyless-remote.html

http://freeremoteinstructions.com/nissan/nissan-pathfinder-1996-2008/

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

What not to do is put a key in that doesn't have the chip otherwise you'll have to go through the remote reprogramming putting the key in and out 10 times within 10 seconds or six times whatever it is then turning me on don't forget to lock your doors when you get in first before you start that then press eat remote once and turn the ignition off and lock the doors I'm sorry unlock the doors I just don't do it don't try to start your car with a key with no programming otherwise you got to go and do the whole thing over the car won't start it just keep cranking and then when you go to put the good key in with the chip that does work it won't work so you have to reprogram it