Diff Lockers

BNUK

Do any of you guys know if there is a difflocker for the 2005 on Pathfinders. Over here in the UK the dealers have none listed. I think that ARB may make one, but can anyone help please as I would really like a Nissan OEM.

• 3 months later...

Just got off the phone with an ARB rep in Las Vegas NV. He said the ARB lockers are available for the 2005+ Pathfinders (Rears only, for now). They want $789.00 for the locker, $240 for the delux compressor, and ~$500.00 to install. Wow, $1600 is a bit much.

I was waiting for the lockers to come out for my Pathy, but do these prices sound reasonable?

Thanks.

2005 LE 4x4

K&N Cold Air Intake

quick headsup:

arb air compressors are well...... have a small output.....

theres better units available elsewhere.

btw locker and irs/ifs = :oops:

Thanks, I'll look into other compressors.

If Lockers and irs/ifs are bad, why are the new LandRover LR3 rated well and they have irs and lockers.

Also, why are they bad?? Technically, are they worse than IRS without a locker? Please eloborate. If so, what are the alternatives. Please don't say SAS because that is a different league.

Thanks.

Ahh, point taken.

So, if that's the case, why does ARB make them then?

However, if it is just moderate off-roading, no hard-core stuff, shoudl it be okay?

The reason why is that the ALBS just does not work. I already got stuck going up a loose sand/rock hill on 4x4 low, VDCoff and the ALBS did not kick. Right rear started to slip, loss my momentum, and got stuck. I am sure a locker would have pulled me through.

In this scenario, will a locker still be disasterous to?

Thanks.

thx, however VDC is automatically turned off when switched to 4Lo. No way around it. I read somewhere that ALBS still operates though on 4Lo with VDC off. I know it's in the instructions somwheres. But it too slow to react, and by then momentum is loss (in my case when I got stuck up a loose grade)

So, back to my original question, as well as the original poster of this thread,

if rear lockers are not a good idea with the IRS, and the ALBS is pretty useless, what is the best option for moderate off-roading?

Thanks.

A rear locker w/ IRS is fine as long as the speeds are low when the locker is engaged. Hummers have run lockers with IFS/IRS for years.

I think you'll get the best gain out of a proper set of off-road tires though. Ditch the all-seasons and get some ATs.

I don't think a selectable locker is going to hurt much. Currie makes most of their housings out of AL. The Grand Cherokee had some problems with the AL-D44, however it was due to the manufacturing process of the housing. They installed the R&P before they pressed the tubes in. Most of those folks had good luck with the second set of gears.

Edited by AK9849cy

• 1 month later...
Guest chechatonga
I already got stuck going up a loose sand/rock hill on 4x4 low

Tires right for the conditions would help a lot there.