new tires

i have a 98 Pathfinder and havent done much with it yet but one of the first things im looking to do is put new tires on the sucker. im really interested in getting the bridgestone dueler a/t revo's with UNI-T AQ II and ive read nothing but good stuff about them and was just wondering if anyone can give an opinion

I don't have them, but everybody who has put them on loves them, they seem to be a pretty good tire. I've also heard good things about BFG A/T's, they are an aggressive looking tire. I personally have Toyo Open Country A/T's, and they have been good to me, especially in snow. ;)

I own 31x10.5x15 REVO AT's. They are great. Superb traction this winter. Drove up to the mountains this winter to hit the slopes many times. They are great. I've only had them for 4 months now. Hardly any wear at all so far. I can't say a single bad thing about them. :)

sweeet thats what i like to hear, i think im gonna go ahead and get them.

p.s. dj, your pathy looks pretty darn sick man 

Hey Dylan, thanks for the compliment brotha. I hope you DO get the REVO's. Some say the price is little higher than most AT's however, the minimal price difference makes a substantial difference. You can read a lot of reviews at tirerack.com.

31"s fit fine too. They'll give your ride a nice agressive look especially if you get some rims with the right backspacing.

My car is in need of new shocks/struts. My next investment on my Pathy will be the new 3"/6" lift thats supposed to come out in May for the R50 Pathy's. Finally!!! :bow: :clap:

BigJ, I remember you got some Kyb gr2 struts and rancho rears? How are those treating you? Definitely gonna get the KYB struts, but was contemplating between the Rancho rsx's or the kyb gas-a-just's. Right now my shocks/struts are still stock with 75k miles. Definitely time to change since I find myself bottoming out frequently with a car full of passengers. But I'd rather only have to change them once when the new lift is out, rather than do it now and again later.

DJ

PS BigJ, I like your new exhaust :cool2:

Hey DJ, thanks for the compliments man! :D As for the Ranchos, I actually got the RS9000X's, and they are definitely an improvement. I used to be able to hob on my running boards and make the car shake from side to side for like five seconds. Now, with the KYB struts and ranchos, the Pathfinder shakes for maybe a second at most. The body sway has really quieted down now. And the adjustability of the shocks is great, I have them on a 3 now (of 1-9) and its perfect for my needs. The only thing that bugs me a bit is the sound of the ranchos. They make kind of a squishing noise over some bumps, but they are oversized, heavy duty shocks, so more noise can be expected. (I actually had a post about this noise in this forum a while ago if you want to read it) I say go for the ranchos! ;) Can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty!! B)

BTW, as soon as you get that lift, it's picture and write up time for you, my friend! ;)

Yeah I've been thinking about the Rancho's but after reading so much about them over at AC board, I'm kinda hesitant. Tons of people have had to use that lifetime warranty benefit quite a few times to swap their blown out Rancho's. I'd rather get a good reliable shock that I know will with stand and not poop out after a few months.

I've also heard good things about the 9000x's though. They say setting it at 9 will make your teeth rattle? lol

yeah, the setting on 9 will rattle your bones ;)

If I remember correctly, it was mainly 97inCali who had major issues with the shocks, and that's because he took them to Baja and totally abused them on washboard roads :o .

I hear blistein makes a very high quality shock, but they are a bit spendy, and aren't adjustable like the Ranchos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
I own 31x10.5x15 REVO AT's. They are great. Superb traction this winter. Drove up to the mountains this winter to hit the slopes many times. They are great. I've only had them for 4 months now. Hardly any wear at all so far. I can't say a single bad thing about them. :)

And Pezzy brings a thread back from the dead... hi!

I've been tire shopping - almost bought the BFG AT K/O's last night - but we have someone willing to help us out in a huge way (read: discount yum!) on Bridgestone tires...

So now we're looking at a set of Bridgestone AT Revos...

DJ Dank, It's been a year since you posted - I'm wondering how your opinion of your tires is holding...

I just bought new tires. I was originally looking at the Bridgestone Dueller Revo's myself, but I ended up buying the Toyo Open Country A/T's instead. They were $100 bucks cheaper for the set and they came with a 30 day no questions asked satisfaction guarantee. I have to wait until the weekend after next to really try them out because of the Easter holiday, but I will certainly be back to let you know. Toyo is the only brand I'll buy on my street cars, so I have high hopes that the quality carries over to their SUV tires.

So far, they have been on wet and dry pavement, and a wet dirt road. The difference is already noticable fron the Grabber AW that I had before. They look great too!

I have the Toyo open country's also. While they are a great tire when new, their performance (offroad, at least) deteriorates considerably when they wear. And they seem to wear more quickly than some other A/T tires, unfortunately. However, their snow performance is still great, as good as when they were new. ;)

If your looking for great ON-Road tires with limited off road use. I have the new Goodyear Fortera's 275/15/70. Found the best price at Tirerack.com. I have about 35000 on them and they are great. Dry, Rain, Snow did not matter.

Oh hell yeah! Expensive but awesome. I had those tires before I got the new set. Those Forteras are flawless in any weather. I took them through snow covered roads bald, and made it without any slipping. If I had the money, I would of gotten them again.

And Pezzy brings a thread back from the dead... hi!

I've been tire shopping - almost bought the BFG AT K/O's last night - but we have someone willing to help us out in a huge way (read: discount yum!) on Bridgestone tires...

So now we're looking at a set of Bridgestone AT Revos...

DJ Dank, It's been a year since you posted - I'm wondering how your opinion of your tires is holding...

Wow, I was noticing that its been over a year since I got those. 15 months to be exact. They are incredible! I look at the tread every time I get in my car and it looks like the first day I got them. I've put about 15k on them and they still look brand new. Still a very very deep tread. I've taken them through mud, snow drifts, water, sand and some gnarly back country roads and they have NEVER let me down. The performance has been great.

I'm definitely sold on these tires. I can see these tires lasting for a very very long time.

Let me know when you get them. I love the funky tread design. I have suggested Costco to everyone because their prices are right in line with tire racks. They'll special order them from Bridgestone if neccessary and that doesn't cost anything to the customer. From time to time, they also run rebates on bridgestones. Got mine for $130 a piece mounted and balanced.

If your looking for great ON-Road tires with limited off road use. I have the new Goodyear Fortera's 275/15/70. Found the best price at Tirerack.com. I have about 35000 on them and they are great. Dry, Rain, Snow did not matter.

Oh hell yeah! Expensive but awesome. I had those tires before I got the new set. Those Forteras are flawless in any weather. I took them through snow covered roads bald, and made it without any slipping. If I had the money, I would of gotten them again.

Fortera's are awesome. Nice aggressive sidewalls with a smooth and quiet ride. Great in snow, rain, and dry weather with very good treadlife. Bought mine from Discount Tires with $50 rebate from Goodyear, $580.00. As I have read from another previous post/experience, Goodyear sent me another $50 dollar check for a total $100 back, total $480 after reabtes. :beer: Must be a computer system glitch. :secret:

I have about 15K Fortera miles on my '01LE. P255/70/16. Slight decrease in gas milage and performance but worth it for the higher profile sidewall. Fills out the wheel well nicely.

Edited by lbinh

My OE tires for my 2003 Pathy LE are 245/65-17 . Looking to get the Bridgestone A/T Revo's, but apparently they don't offer them in my size. Or at least don't display them on the Tirerack.com site as offered for my vehicle specs. Anything I can do to get those on? Or will they just not fit?

Later, Joe

• 6 months later...