I can't belive I never noticed this!

Guest rmally

Maybe it's just me, or I've been spoiled by my wifes car but it seems that my 94 pathfinder's engine is really loud. My wife was gone for 2 weeks so I have been driving her car, a 2005 Armada.......Big difference from my 94, but anyway I drove mine today and the engine noise just seemed soooooo loud.

Do you guys notice the noise, or is it just me, or worse my engine. When I say loud, I don't mean problems, exhaust, etc, just the routine engine noise. Am I going insane or are the engines just that noisy....... :shrug:

Maybe it's just me, or I've been spoiled by my wifes car but it seems that my 94 pathfinder's engine is really loud. My wife was gone for 2 weeks so I have been driving her car, a 2005 Armada.......Big difference from my 94, but anyway I drove mine today and the engine noise just seemed soooooo loud.

Do you guys notice the noise, or is it just me, or worse my engine. When I say loud, I don't mean problems, exhaust, etc, just the routine engine noise. Am I going insane or are the engines just that noisy....... :shrug:

You're probably just spoiled with your wife's 2005 Armada *omg, what a car :bow: :bow: :bow: * I am sure that 94 pathy will sound loud compared to it.

You should've listened to my TD27 Pathy. That's what loud is :lol:

Yup stock exhaust/engine noise is loud on my 88. Especially at right around 2500 RPMS. Whenever someone is going really slow and they have their windows rolled down I rev it right into that sweet spot. Usually gets them to notice that I want to go faster. B)

Yep, our other car is an Acura CL. Its a 2.2 4cyl VTEC, so you have to wind it up a bit to get all the gerbils pulling at once, and its still a purring kitten compared to the Pathy. Add a Flowmaster and things will get even louder, but sweeter.

You should've listened to my TD27 Pathy. That's what loud is 

Just get some half warn Mud Terrains...you won't worry about the noise from the engine any more! ;)

In all seriousness though, the Pathy is loud because there is stuff all sound deadening on the firewall. Not too hard to fix with some stick on sheets, but I have never bothered.

I've had 2 95 SE's and both had very loud interior noise. I recently bought some B-quiet ultimate sound deadener for the firewall and floor pan but have not had the time to do the install. I'll post my results about the B-quiet as soon as the install is complete.

yeah, as above, these are high rm motors therefore higher engine noise... add some thorleys and flowmaster to the equasion and you end up with some pretty sweet sounding loudness :D my interior nosie isn't that bad considering the above mentioned exhaust set up.... only at 65 or above do i really notice any sound........ maybe it's because i am used to the thunderbox? and the camaro? and the noisy nova? sssh

my pathy isnt that bad. but then i drove my dads intrepid wow. i was like is this thing on? the only time my car was really quiet was when it was sittin in the sun all day and I started it and it didnt make a sound at all. but I checked the rpm and she was runnin..it was weird.

When I get my new stereo installed, I'm gonn have the doors dynomat'ed and probably have the floors and possibly the firewall done. Plus, I think when I get my weather stripping fixed, that will clear up a lot of the problem.