Washington meeting

packie88

Just got home a bit ago. We had a great time, met new friends, and went home with almost no damage, or at least nothing that matters. It was mild (Packie's close to stock truck) up to wild (87Pathy, Mudbathfinder, Rotozuki), and Duffman and me (with RedPath88 riding shotgun) in-between. Much fun was had by all even though snow kept us from some of the higher trails. Pics will follow...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man was it fun. yea almost no damage on trails but those pot holes will get you. yea that snow, funny i got home and it was snowing and i was WTF. anyway great time guys, will have to plan another one

F-U to you guys. ;):laugh: Yeah, well lets not go into getting stuck in the snow and leaving it in gear. That was hilarious! :clap:

But seriously Packie, good job getting through the day unscathed and holding your own. Now just imagine what you'll be be able to do after a few more mods and toys. sly

We should all get together again soon. :beer:

Edited by Mr. Pickles

yea well i figured i would get stuck alot. i was just playin with the bumper thing. it was really random that it feel off then. anyway yea we should. cant wait for some new mods :)

i was just playin with the bumper thing.

No worries, I was laughing right along with you guys. Guess its time to buy a bigger welder! As I said to RedPath, some people say I play hard. I'm just testing the weak links in the truck. Then I break them and replace them. :D

Well i think i got a wheel bearing going on the way home i had a vibration on the front right. thought it might of been a hub still half locked but it wasnt it so i may have to inspect that as well as figure out how im gonna fix the cracked frame. Good times though guys..Next time its Sand lake...

SNOW!??! It's freakin April! If you live in a place where it snows after Easter, you shouldn't live there. Hahaha. Great pics guys...looks like you had fun.

And I have to ask....what's up with your snorkel MBF?

SNOW!??! It's freakin April! If you live in a place where it snows after Easter, you shouldn't live there. Hahaha. Great pics guys...looks like you had fun.

And I have to ask....what's up with your snorkel MBF?

Dude, its not fresh snow. We were at a few thousand feet elevation in the mountains. If you go up high enough around here, there is snow year round. Especially if you go up to Mt. Rainier. Its interesting to hike around in snow in August.

Yeah, it was a good time :aok:

87's Pathy is awesome, for the first time out it did great. he has a couple things to alter but it basically had no trouble (outside of the deep snow)

Mudbath's truck is as I figured (remember reading about it during and after the buildup and shows the trail scars that come from usage. :aok:

Get that bearing fixed and frame welded up so you can reattach the shock (we removed it to prevent further damage) ;) Might want to buff out that rear panel too :rolleyes:

Mr' P. no trouble on the trails, but the road is hell for you :laugh:

Duffmans truck looks great... calmini all over it. a lot of winding around trees and only one close call.. good driving :aok:

Packie did great.. but new tires are in order :lol:

Rotozuk's truck in a sweet little ride... Great job on the build of that rig :aok:

Edited by RedPath88

Ya the snorkel right now is a display model. its not plumbed yet..i figured i should get one cause i need to live up to my alias. i got a chance to show les (guy who built my truck) and he though of an inexpensive way that i kinda like and if that fails im just gonna cut that whole section out to ad something new. As for my wheel bearing i dont know when im gonna get to that. if im gonna plan on doing the sand lake thing i probably should do it soon. Aaron, i got some more people interested in our little group we had to go to SL so hopefully you'll have your truck ready by the last weekend of June..Brian made the date lets see if he abided by it.

I also want to join in a Sand Lake run, but like I told Mudbathfinder, I've already got plans and reservations on Blue Lake in Eastern WA that weekend. Be sure to post up if you guys decide to make another trip like you were saying.

The only thing I would change is getting a 33" spare and something akin to a snorkel. Looking at the filter today was like looking at a dirty antuiqe.

Im also down for another run hopefully something after school is over for me, taking this weekend off already took me down to a A- in attendance...

So, when we go out again, is there a general preference? I've heard good things about Reiter's Pit being some great wheeling up by Marysville. I've been to Tahuya over near Bremerton, and that place is a good all-around trail mild-wild. Is there camping at Reiters? I know there is at Tahuya, and at Evans Creek where we could go a little later and miss the snow. Plus Evans is relatively close to Seattle and especially Tacoma. Does anybody know of another offroad area here in western WA?

B) We finally got home. It was a long trip both ways but worth ever minute of driving. Thanks for the great time and letting me ride with you guys. Hope to catch up with you all next year around the same time.

Jason

B) We finally got home.  It was a long trip both ways but worth ever minute of driving.  Thanks for the great time and letting me ride with you guys.  Hope to catch up with you all next year around the same time.

Jason

Glad you made it back without trouble and thanks for coming Jason :aok:

Next year sounds great, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say... Your welcome back :aok:

:beer:

Scott