Washington meeting

packie88

If you don't mind, meeting at your house would probably be best... :aok: I was going to ask anyway. Was not to sure about leaving the car at the cafe all day.

Guess we'll wait for others to chime in on meals during the trip. But a breakfast at the cafe sounds like a good idea. I am not one to eat right after I get up.. so if we do not do breakfast then I would either grab something on the way there or wait till later... whatever, it all works for me.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok new gear box is in..i had to pull pitman arm so now everything is out of wack so i need to know how to put it back together so im not screwing up and finding myself not turning right or whatever

Mark the pitman arm and steer it all the way to the the left and mark where the arm ends up. Then to the right. Mark where the arm ends up. This is the hardest way but simplest.

Hope it helps. Look forward to meeting you.

Jason

Maybe we should all try to eat in the morning. I don't mind grabing a bite. Is anyone bringing there kid? I am bringing my nephew. He is 10 and would love to have more kids along.

Jason

id like to grab some chow before hand. i wont be getting there till 8 either.

im bringing along a smokey joe bbq thingy, and maybe some burgers or hot dogs unless someone wants to bring those along and we can cook those up.

Someones gonna hafta come help me or something im confused on this whole thing. its hooked to the steering wheel right now. where do i put the PA if i cranked all the way to the left? should i kick my wheels as far as they can go left and that should give me an idea? then slide it back on and put hook her back up?

Wow, im gonna be hella groggy in the morning to get up..i get off work at midnight so it leaves we with hardly any sleep. Is there anyone still planning on staying over night? i plan to...bought a tent..anyone bringing a BBQ to have some burgers an what not?

From Renton which is quicker getting to 410? running all the way down 167 and go threw bonney lake or what? i totally forgot where and how the quickest way is..the only way i know is 167 to 410 threw bonney lake..

From Renton, you have 3 main choices. 1) Down 167 and out 410. 2) Down 167, then over to Auburn way and out to Enumclaw, then back on 410 to Buckley. 3) Maple Valley Hwy to Enumclaw, then 410 to Buckley.

No kids here, other than me.

So breakfast it is then. It should work out fine if we get there around 7:45-8 and eat, then meet.

About "grabbing stuff on the way," just a heads up so you can plan. Buckley is the last sorta main stop on the way out, and there's only the restaurant and gas station. There is a small grocery out in Wilkeson, but when I say small, I'm talking glorified quickie mart. But there are all the stores you could need (Safeway, Fred Meyer, Walmart, etc.) in Bonney Lake just before Buckley if you're coming out 410.

we are going to have to get forest passes, for each rig. they are 5 bucks a piece. i don't know if you can get them in buckley, if not we can get them at the little store in wilkeson. rx 4x4 (aka roto zuk) is trailering his rig so if anything really bad happens we have a trailer to get somebody out

Can we just do breakfast at 830 when we were planning to eat..im gonna be really hard to get up as it is. since im gonna have no sleep..So whos camping? Should i bring beer? Hamburger? WTF is going on? Can you give me a more explanation on the others on how to get to enumclaw..more detailed. i gotta go try and attempt to get this path done. anybody who wants to call me before 2pm (friday) 253 970 2852

Steve

Well, i got a problem..she is all back together and i screwed up..i can steer more right then left.. and i gotta weird clicking noise coming from suspension i dont have time to mess with it now since i gotta work at 3. i can get it probably to enumclaw to meet up but what I need from you guys is a big cresent wrench to knock off the big nut and a pitman arm puller if no one has that ill rent one from schucks there. as for putting it in the right spot I need your guys help and that one too. Can someone please call me asap if its before 3? 253 970 2852 that can help and has any of the the following tools? I got everything but those 2. If no one gets this til after 3..if anyone is up at midnight i get off right at midnight so call me then. otherwise im kinda relying someone will be able to help me. sorry im asking too much but its the only thing i can do for right now.

Steve man...get a puller from Harbor Freight for $8 and own it forever.

Crank the steering wheel all the way left. Stop and note it's position. Rotate it all the way to the right until it stops and count rotations. Divide by two and spin it back to the left that amount. If the steering wheel isn't straight, don't worry. Remove the pitman arm, put it back on pointing straight back to the rear. That should be close, if not dead on. Then pull your steering wheel, recenter it and you're done.

I forgot something i might regret.

When I did the BL I forgot to cut enough room to go in 4lo. I should be able to make if alright though......right?

Im down for a BBQ for lunch, if its agreed then ill swing buy the store and pick up some burgers and buns or whatever. I got a cooler as well with some ice.

Duffman, can you get it in at all? LOL :rolleyes: I didn't cut either, nor have I got around to lengthening the shifter. I've just gotta give it a shove the first time in, to loosen things up, then it will be fine in and out. Been a year and its been good enough for me.

For breakfast, I asked Red to come out a little early so we'll probably be the first there before 8. Then we can get a table squared away in case the place is busy. Could we get a rough head count for breakfast?

As for bbq, knock yourself out I suppose. Is it gas powered? I just bring a big sandwich so lunch is wherever I'm hungry. Oh, and I've got a cooler and ice Scott.

Last but not least, good call 87Pathy, I spaced on the NW Forest pass. Its cheap and easy though, and I believe it helps fund the trails. I've got my $30 yearly one. ;)

Oh, there's a Harbor Freight in Tacoma, across from the Kmart on 6th Ave right off of Hwy 16. Probably a little late tonight for you, but for future reference. Outstanding deals on "good-enough" tools to get the job done. Not Craftsman/Snap On quality, but 1/10th the price.

no its not gas powered. its a weber go anywhere grill, ive got charcoal and lighter fluid with me and i bought some hot dos and buns enoug for 16 hotdogs. as far as a head count ive got myself and then my friend who is riding along. im also bringing a cooler and some ice.

:aok: on the ice and cooler... I'll probably just throw together a couple simple sandwiches, as I usually only eat either breakfast or lunch... seldom both.

If a BBQ is preferred by the majority (voting needs to be done in the next few hours) then I have no problem stopping on my way in to get some stuff... what's needed?

I would have mentioned the Harbor Freight in Tacoma, but unless I am mistaken he's in Renton now ad no longer Gig Harbor :shrug:

Yip, no more GH. i doubt anyone is gonna get this before they leave to meet anyways..but im planning on renting the puller again at schucks there in enumclaw. then if we got time to adjust my stuff to get her right. See you guys there. I gotta get to sleep..1:33am gotta be up in 5 hours..SHEET!