Shutting down Project X?

Pathfinder-jay

Hey guys, Ive noticed that no one actually has any interest what so ever for project x and only seems to want the free manuals I was offering, I will still get the free manuals out to ya but Project X will most likely close due to the lack of interest in a fellow members pathy.

Thanks

Jason

i dont get it. so your not going to be working on your pathfinder now due to what.. lack of interest..? if you like your pathy i dont see why you should stop fixing it up. the only person that should have interest in fixing it up would be YOU. everyone on this board loves pathfinders and would help in anyway they could on this board.....im just a lil confused why you would just STOP just like that. ????

Theres not a lack of intrest in your truck, in fact theres just as much intrest on the board for your truck as there is for my truck, or anyone elses truck. We love pathys of a shapes and sizes here! Well, we love some more than others of course, but you get what I'm saying. (GO 2-DOORS! :P )

I mean, no offense man, but you surround your truck with a lot of hype, and it seems kinda silly to think that we're all going to swoon over your truck because of a website and a fancy name.

We're all trying to maintain/fix/improve our pathys here, your no diffrent. So if you need help with something post up! (after a proper search of course :hide: ). You won't find a better place for you and your pathy. :beer:

Well, lets see... I have a new job that is asking for overtime, a Pathy that needs work, a VW Bug that needs work, a BMW K75 that needs work, a girlfriend that needs work-I mean needs attention, a web site to help moderate and a household to maintain... I hardly have time for project dinner !!! Sorry if I wan't as attentive as you would have liked, but I'm hardly getting enough sleep as it is; the plate is full, no more please !!! I don't see why thqat means you need to shut it down... :shrug:

B

Please tell me you're only shutting down your website and you're not going to stop working on your Pathy because you didn't get the "Oh my god, he's so special" treatment you were expecting. I'm not trying to be rude or condescending, but just as everyone else pointed, out, you are no different than any of us, and should not expect to be treated any differently. You can't expect everyone to go running to another site just because somebody makes fancy graphics and calls their truck something nifty (I do like the name, BTW!)

We are all here because we share a common interest - Pathfinders. I'm sorry if the turnout on your site wasn't what you expected, but you have to realize, most of us are incredibly busy with school, work, personal lives, and trying to keep up with just this site, let alone all the others we frequent. Just to give you an example from my personal life - I go to school full time for Mechanical Engineering, and as if that doesn't take up enough of my time, I've committed myself to moderate this forum, be President of NIORA, Vice-President of NOAS, and I run an Computer Consulting/Web Development company.

Don't take it so hard bro... :beer:

:shrug: Why does it matter whether we are or aren't interested in your pathy? Shouldn't you be fixing up your pathy because its yours? Not that any of us really aren't interested, but your pathy is just like (most of) ours, in need of attention and love. While we are more than willing to help you with info, advice, tips and such we need to work on our pathys too. If you were looking for people to come over and fix your pathy for you, I think you are looking in the wrong place. We occasionally as a gesture of goodwill will give out items for free (like those speakers you expressed interest in, I'v still got them if you're still interested) but it is not the norm, as we all have bills to pay. My advice is keep on working, and use your website as a place to post pics/videos (like Pezzy does with muddynissan.com). Just don't expect us all to migrate over to your site, we like it here. Sure it might not be the best designed board out there but like a pair of old shoes it's comfortable and "just right" for us. Stick around, make friends and feel welcome! If you don't like us then you don't have to stay. Of course how could you not like us? That would be similar to not liking a basket of puppies and kittens! :D:P

Hey man... to be honest -- I think you went about it the wrong way... or maybe I should say -- you could have went at it a better way. I say go on with your work, and spend less time worrying about your website (what's more important really, a well running truck, or a pretty website??)...

Take lots of pics while you work, set up some nice write ups on the projects you do, and the mods you do. Set them up on your site to share... Then, a year from now, when pathynewbieguy joins the board and asks about something that is wrong with his truck, you can help him out, say here, I had that same problem, here's what I did ...

Like other have said, we have a good forum here, so use it!! We're all here to help you out with your truck projects and questions... and one day you can help others...

:aok: Pretty much what they said /\. You've gotta look at it from everybody elses perspective. We all have a truck, all are working on it, all have lives on the side to deal with, and as of today there are 1815 registered members. If everybody put up sites about their various projects, you couldn't possibly follow up. Hence the forum, a place for everybody to go for info. and help. We all live crazy lives of one nature or another, so don't take offense to what seems to you to be a lack of interest. Nobody is going to do all of the work and research for you on every project, its just not practical. So much has already been covered in the nearly countless posts of info. and previously covered mods this forum already has to offer for one willing to try. Good luck!

Man....if you want help with your truck....post questions, or search here. You come to us for help....we're not going to you.......this place is like an old couch to alot of us here, complete with a$$ imprints!!!

Just like I have been saying all the time. Are you shutting the site down because of lack of interest in your site?

Or is it because you couldn't find any sponsors to pay for your site even with your attempts to lure hits to your site via bogus manuals?

You decide to shut it down because people don't go to YOUR site? Is it that hard to point your browser to this site to find the information that you need? This site is filled with Pathy lovers and owners. How can you complain about a lack of interest? Maybe because our interests lies deeper than finding "window trim" for your super awesome build project. :rolleyes:

Like Arnold said "STOP WHINING!"

flame.gif

icon_greenchainsaw.gif

Ok guys, I think he gets it... if you have some positive recommendations as to what else he can do with his project, then post away... no need to grill him for having an idea that didnt work out... live & learn.

I went ahead and did a little constructive pruning of posts that were a bit overboard for the non agressive attitude we insist upon here at NPORA. You'll have a PM. The rest of you, quit whoring. NOW !

Pezzy, good intervention, but next time just kick arse when it needs to be done !!

B

Alright i guess i should explain a bit more... Im not stopping to work on my truck...i love it to death... its my frist and by all means my only car for awhile. Second of all the manuals are not bogus, if ya read my forums at all...ive been having issues getting the software my friend gave me to work on my computer... they are coming...patience please. Third I own my own webhosting company, game server company, voice come company, shoutcast company, dedicated server company and some other small projects on the web so DJ DANK please do not accuse me of being a cheap ass. I em like the rest of you, I too have made my place here. Ive found info beyond beleif hehe.

Let me explain why I opened the site. I opened the site so that some can respond to some more personal issues...that I have with my pathy and that I can keep a log of everything I have done and all the advice I have gotten. My goal was to get all those who have helped me a little something at the end of the project. What discouraged me is that only some post and the rest just want free manuals. I have no problem with giving the manuals out once i get the damn things working lmao... but I did expect a couple more comments etc... The only comments i seemed to get was by some immature kid calling me a *** in just about every post i put on my forums.hehe :P Anyhow I did not mean to offent any of you, nor did I want you to transfer into my forums. I to em very busy for I em a full time student with only 4 weeks off in 2 years...in a advanced course on refrigeration mechanics and I run www.m-e-tech.com when I get home, and I have my house to take care of and my gf to pay attention to lol. Now I hope all of you can forgive me for giving off the wrong impression... Im going to keep the site up for I can now see some care...while others done... but the few that do have encouraged me. Thank you guys for everything, you will continue to see me on this forum posting away and getting advice if thats alright with the bunch of ya :) Hopefully by next year I will be planning an offroading tour in quebecs snowy mountains... fun to play in the mud? Wait till ya guys see the snow up here haha

Thanks

Jason

P.S. I hope this covers everything

Vous est Quebeqois? Je ne parle pas le bien Francais, ou je parle un petite Francais! Mon grand-mère est le Québec. Il est beau là.

OK...I admit it...I had to dig out the old French-English dictionary. Mein Deutch ist viel besser. :aok:

Thank you guys for everything, you will continue to see me on this forum posting away and getting advice if thats alright with the bunch of ya

Of course, thats what we are all about. Sorry about some of the negativity, as I stated before, if people don't like, don't look.... Thanks for the explanation. Now, lets mod that Pathy !!! :D

:beer:

B

Vous est Quebeqois? Je ne parle pas le bien Francais, ou je parle un petite Francais! Mon grand-mère est le Québec. Il est beau là.

OK...I admit it...I had to dig out the old French-English dictionary. Mein Deutch ist viel besser. :aok:

Sprechen Sie englisches dammit! :D

nice...umm.. avtar kremen :blink:

anyhoo.. JAY! i posted a comment.. i think.. i know i did.. lol.... and we have been in touch on some items... i don't have too much else that will help "mod" your pathy as most everything i have taken off is junk or stock so far.. though i do have 2 push bars that need slight modding to fit stock breacketry... sssh