TOTM - Suggestions Box

k9sar

okay, revision to the rules:

5. If multiple people want to nominate the same Pathfinder, each person can submit one more pic of the aforementioned Pathy for perusal.

I think we need to revise the rule, we do have it set that more than one person can nominate the same truck... but it makes no sense to me... anyone disagree?

anyone?? I'm thinking if I am nominated, I would want all my votes going to one pic - more chance to win, not spread between two...

First come first serve?

Personally I think one nomination per truck, per month is enough.

Possibly allow the owner of the rig to change the picture nominated, if they are un happy with the one chosen - but even that "could" cause problems I suppose

I don't see why there's a problem, all multiple pics will do is let people see more angles of the same vehicle. If someone has a cool enough rig that more than one person wants to nominate, let the people choose/vote after seeing several pics. This IS a popularity contest! Am I so wrong?

That makes sense, but if they both go into the poll do you allow people to vote on both pics, then total the votes? Or do the votes for each pic stay separate?

I think that since this is TRUCK of the month, not PIC of the month, that a truck should only be nominated ONCE (i.e. one picture) per month, unless the truck wins, then of course, it's ineligible for the given period of time.

If more than one picture of a given truck is posted in the nominations thread, only the first posted picture counts as the nomination, then the owner should decide which picture from the nomination thread he/she wants as the showpiece for their TOTM-hood.

Oh oh oh, I see where you're going with this. I just meant 'in the nominations thread', cause that's where everyone starts thinking about who to vote for, generally. In the voting thread each person should get one pic to keep it even.

The mod in charge can pick which pic to use, unless the nominated person protests or really wants one over another. It's supposed to be easy-going and noncommittal, you know?

Oh oh oh, I see where you're going with this. I just meant 'in the nominations thread', cause that's where everyone starts thinking about who to vote for, generally. In the voting thread each person should get one pic to keep it even.

The mod in charge can pick which pic to use, unless the nominated person protests or really wants one over another. It's supposed to be easy-going and noncommittal, you know?

exactly...

mz - I dont recall what about this rule caused stress?? remind me please??

the rule of one pic nomination and only the first pic up for voting came about because the first time we voted for all the pics thus splitting some of the votes. i am good with the change or what it is now. however, i have said this before, i have no problem someone linking or posting more of their pics in the vote thread as a way of campaining.

• 2 years later...

I think we should stick to TOTM being Pathfinder ONLY! I like seeing other trucks too but I want to see badass Pathfinders winning these and being nominated, not other trucks. Maybe we should do another "of the month" for all other vehicles owned by NPORA users or something like that...

• Like 1

It still boils down to one thing.. this is a Pathfinder/Terrano site.

The vast majority of people come here because they own one of them. You look at other sites/forums that specialize on one model or brand or class and you will find that most, if not all of them only allow the vehicle(s) they target as a whole.

It's not unfair, it's just what this site is all about :beer:

Has anyone read the TOTM rules? Oh never mind, of course everyone has otherwise they would not be posting nominations.. right? ;)

• Like 1

Has anyone read the TOTM rules? Oh never mind, of course everyone has otherwise they would not be posting nominations.. right? ;)

Some people (myself includid) proably should actually brush up and read them again.

lol.. you guys.. me thinks they are in every first post of each month's nomination thread.. hmm.. but then, what the heck do i know. :D

:D :D hope TNZ is taking notes. :D

:D

BTW Nunya I don't think bigger rules would work.... No one noticed that over the past few months the "640x480" part has gotten bigger :D