TOTM - Suggestions Box

k9sar

P... Here is my two bits (CDN, now almost worth 2 bits US! :P ):

:idea: Allow only one post for each nominated truck but put as many pictures as you want in the one post. Then we can vote on each post (truck). The moderator would have to delete duplicate posts of the same vehicle :contract: .

This would allow those with more than one photo to showcase their rigs an avenue to get more photos in than just one, such as those with lots of modifications or a set of trail pictures. With the amount of work a lot of people have put into their trucks (me excluded :wacko: ) it would be a shame to limit them to just one picture.

PS: Well done to all this months participants. :bow: Tough voting for just one.

I'd suggest please drawing more attention to this section somehow. Flashing lights, a banner, I dunno. I personally have ignored it for so long because of the long idle period where it was locked and dead. Its become such habit to ignore it as dead space that it seems incredibly hard for me to notice these days. If you come to the forums often and the thread is always dead, you stop paying attention pretty quickly. I mysteriously saw it active a while ago and posted a pic (thanks for the ZERO votes! :blink: ) and then spaced on it again till I just saw that apparently there was a vote. Maybe its just me, but dead space that suddenly comes alive deserves some attention and focus.

Here would be my suggestions.

1. It should be a vote for best picture more than best truck, as quite obviously trucks that are dead stock wouldn't have the same chance as modded ones.

2. One picture per entrant. Seriously, just pick one that you feel is the best.

3. Picture should be taken within the month of the TOTM voting starting. There is no sense for people like me to be throwing up good pics of my truck from two years ago. This would also keep things fresh and interesting. If you can't get an off roading pic together, then just go to an empty parking lot at night and take a cool pic of your headlight or grille or something... This would also help the non-wheeling people with stock trucks.

what do ya think?

Edited by Filthy Luker
  • Like 1

If you can't get an off roading pic together, then just go to an empty parking lot at night and take a cool pic of your headlight or grille or something...

or parked on a miata

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Congratulations to 87 Pathy!

I will like to suggest for the truck of the month I think you have to divided it at least in 3 classes.

-Stock Pathfinders

-Modified Pathfinders

-Super Modified Pathfinders

I consider super modified cars like 87 pathy!

I think that way it will be more fair to everyone.

I aprreciate for whoever vote for my car and to the other people that vote for the other cars, but if I have to vote theres no way I can compare a stock pathfinder against a super modified pathfinder.

Well done, Congratulations again 87 Pathy!

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

One other thing I think should be done is to up the ineligibility length. If someone like 87 can win with such a landslide vote like he did this month, he can come back in 3 months and do it again.

We should make the ineligibility for one full year. There are more than enough members here to allow that considering we are getting 15-20 nominations every month regularly, and only 12 people can possibly win each year.

One other thing I think should be done is to up the ineligibility length. If someone like 87 can win with such a landslide vote like he did this month, he can come back in 3 months and do it again.

We should make the ineligibility for one full year. There are more than enough members here to allow that considering we are getting 15-20 nominations every month regularly, and only 12 people can possibly win each year.

yeah, i am definitely for that too.. let's just do it!

I aprreciate for whoever vote for my car and to the other people that vote for the other cars, but if I have to vote theres no way I can compare a stock pathfinder against a super modified pathfinder.

But isn't that the point of Truck of the Month... to vote on the sweetest Pathy up that month. Anybody can be nominated, anybody can win, but the best truck wins.

Agreed as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was curious if you could do like a short interview with the totm winner and post it up as well. Kind of like what they do with reader's rides or a short article of reader's rides. Gives the TOTM more spice

i've been thinking about this ever since you posted this. i like the idea but it could be a hassle although if we don't do the interview but instead have the winner just write something up about their truck. we could some up with a few categories, the most obvious would be specs/upgrades and maybe what was going on while the pic was taken.. dates...???

please chime in. maybe we can make it happen here in the new year.

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt read that before...

maybe we make up a list of specs and info that people would like to know about... send it to the winner to fill out & we can post.

things like

year of truck

list of mods

how long youve owned it

how you use it

maybe a chance for before and after pics??