Double din or Single din for 2003 Pathfinder LE?

joehurdler

Hello all,

Ok, so from looking at my Bose stereo on my 03 Pathfinder LE, I want to say it looks like it's double din, as in it's 2x the size of regular headunits. I am looking to get the Pioneer AVIC-D1 navigation head unit put into the dash where the original bose system sits. The AVIC-D1 is said to fit only double-din dash's.

You folks have any idea of it will fit or whether or not I got a double din?

I want to say I do have double din, but looks could be decieving.

Thanks, Joe

Sounds to me like you have a double-din.

Your dash might not be the same as my 99.5...

I have (actually HAD, I've since replaced it) the el cheapo version stereo - which is a double-din as ber below...

pezcb.jpg

If you only had a single din, you would have an extra pocket -- which I am pretty sure could be removed.

(I had to ADD the pocket to go to a single-din -- see below)

stereo.jpg

B)

Thanks for the replies guys! Yeah, my dash and stock bose system looks almost exactly like those pics. My only concern was that on the right side near the bottom, the stereo face begins to angle inward slightly at an diagonal. Not sure if it's just the look or appearance, but I was concerned that the slight inward angle towards the bottom would prevent a double-din from fitting properly.

Take a look at your dash and bose system. Tell me if you see that slight inward angle?

Thanks, Joe

it does angle slightly inward to make a trapezoidal shape, but you can mount the deck so that it is flush with the backside of the center console trim...that's actually how i installed my "pocket" as i went to single din with a pioneer head unit.