Which Suspension lift package?

OR99.5Speed

Which Suspension Package should I go with?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Which Suspension Package should I go with?

• AC 2" lift, GR-2 front struts and Bilstein Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts
    • AC 2" lift, GR-2 front struts and Rancho RS9000X Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts
    • AC 2" lift, GR-2 front struts and Rancho RS5000 Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts
    • AC 2" lift, Rancho front struts and Rancho RS5000 Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts.
    • AC 2" lift, Rancho front struts and Rancho RS9000x Shocks for the rear, Nissan strut mounts.
    • OME HD ($$$): OME HD Springs, OME Shocks, OME Struts, Nissan strut mounts

https://www.davesport.com/

2 N61 NISSAN PATHFINDER R50 TO 1/99 REAR FIRM $84.81 $169.62

2 OME923 NISSAN PATHFINDER FRONT HD COILS $76.78 $153.56

2 OME922 NISSAN PATHFINDER REAR COIL $76.78 $153.56

SUBTOTAL $476.74

SALES TAX $0.00

SHIPPING $41.81

ORDER TOTAL $518.55

Hopefully this one pans out. :)

Hopefully this one pans out. :)

Whoohoo!!! Shipping today. Went with OME928's for the front...they were in stock!

So far, great customer service as well. He called me this morning to confirm that everything was in stock and will be shipping today!

Whoohoo!!! Shipping today. Went with OME928's for the front...they were in stock!

So far, great customer service as well. He called me this morning to confirm that everything was in stock and will be shipping today!

Looking forward to the pictures! :D

I'll try to take a couple today.

Put on the rear springs/shocks. Having my mechanic put on the struts...I was getting quoted $40-75 to put on the springs, so due to lack of time, it's $175 to do all the work. Picking it up today. :)

Measured the rear...before settling, I gained 3 1/2" of lift! ...granted my old suspension was dead.

• 1 month later...

So the time has come. For the last year I have been reading and talking to people about the lift but it is time to do it.

But I have a few questions:

1. Do I need Front leveling Trim Packer? I am thinking of buying from http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfindersus.html and they recommend that part

2. Which is the MD coils? OME921 or OME923?

3. Are the OME922 only for the back?

4. Apart from the 4x coils, 2x GR2 struts and 2x shocks do I need t buy anything else?

5. Should I replace the suspension before the tires?

6. I have a 97 SE with the original wheels and I am going to 31's (which are less than an inch bigger than the OEM tires) do I need the back spacers?

I looked at http://www.davesport.com/ for but the prices are higher. I am buying the shocks and struts from https://www.partsgeek.com.

Would much appreciate your input. I have been reading for a while and I have to say that the differences between the first and second gen R50 make me think there should be two different model numbers.

Thank ya'll

So the time has come. For the last year I have been reading and talking to people about the lift but it is time to do it.

But I have a few questions:

1. Do I need Front leveling Trim Packer? I am thinking of buying from http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfindersus.html and they recommend that part

2. Which is the MD coils? OME921 or OME923?

3. Are the OME922 only for the back?

4. Apart from the 4x coils, 2x GR2 struts and 2x shocks do I need t buy anything else?

5. Should I replace the suspension before the tires?

6. I have a 97 SE with the original wheels and I am going to 31's (which are less than an inch bigger than the OEM tires) do I need the back spacers?

I looked at http://www.davesport.com/ for but the prices are higher. I am buying the shocks and struts from https://www.partsgeek.com.

Would much appreciate your input. I have been reading for a while and I have to say that the differences between the first and second gen R50 make me think there should be two different model numbers.

Thank ya'll

1. I honestly don't know. I am currently installing some 1" NX4 strut spacers to even out my rake.

2. Can't help you here either. I went with the AC 2" lift coils (+3" in the front, +5" in the rear due to a 160k+ saggy ass)

3. *see #2

4. Go to your Nissan Dealership and pick up some strut mounts and bearings. They are recommended by everyone on these boards and by me!

5. Personal opinion. I just saved up until I could purchase all of mine at once. However, you will need the lift before going with the 31"s.

6. You shouldn't need spacers for 31" tires. You WILL have to do some minor trim to the front of your wheel well liners. They will rub when you are reversing in full lock.

7. Take and post before/after pics! :itsallgood:

Edited by devonianwalk

However, you will need the lift before going with the 31"s.

No sir, it'll just rub a little more without it. I still haven't got the cash together to do my lift, been running the 31"s since January. :whistle:

Thanks guys!

Much appreciated. I have never done this kind of thing but I here is to hoping.

A quick question does the Struct Assembly come with the strut mounts and bearing?

Sorry for the dumb questions. I am a newby!

Alright. I have bought all the parts. I will be getting things in the next couple of weeks and then we will put it all together.

Thanks for all the NPORA collective!

ps: will post pics of the install and the car pre and post

• 6 months later...

I'm running OME Mediums all around, OME shocks, and the KYB struts. The ride is perfect imo. It is quite stiff, but I got used to it quickly and it makes the Pathy feel much more stable. The handling is much better and the off road performance is also much better. My rear sits a bit higher than the front, but it's not enough of a difference to bother me at all. I am very glad I went with the OME lift. I was thinking about trying those spacers from rockyroad just to get a little more lift up front. Herm if its not too much trouble could you post a pic of the spacers?

706347_16_full.jpg

Old thread here, but those are the same wheels I have on my 04. What size tires do you have, and did you need the 1.5" wheel spacers?

From what I see, EMU or AC neither is going to change the cup on the strut distance from the wheel, only thing to cure that is spacers?

Mediums look good. I don't need the 2" AC is going to give me anyway. The tow truck look might be good for towing my trailer anyway... give a little extra in the rear.

Thanks for responding even though this is old.

• 6 months later...

Ok, I am long overdue for a suspension overhaul on my 98 pathy. I have decided on the OME springs but am not completey sure what to go with. I am thinking HD all around as I want as much lift from the springs as I can get and I often tow my dirtbike on a hitch carrier. Also, I have plans for an off-road bumper in the future.

I have a few questions:

1. Do I need longer rear shocks with these springs?

2. If I go with NX4 front spacers will my ride be level?

• 2 months later...

I'm not the best mechanically but I'm going to be putting a coil lift on my 02 in the next couple weeks. I've decided on old man emu coils, my question is, besides the springs and leveling kit, what else would I need? (I.e. nx4 strut spacer to level the truck, obviously this is personal opinion but if anyone has done the old man emu coils let me know!)

• 6 months later...

Hello, i own a 1988 pathy and i want to buy a 2004 R50 but i need to know if there's a lift kit that allow me to put 31X10.50 R15 with 15"x 8" Wheels on it with out loosing too much of that smooth ride.

thanks

if he has a 2004 not all 15x8 will fit the 99.5 is designed to run a 16in rim and 96-99 have 15s and the smaller brakes if u want to keep it a good ride and have a 31x10.5 i would just put a good riding 245x75r16 which equals to about a 31x10.5r16 and keep them on a stock wheel

• 1 year later...

Hello, i just have several questions about going with a lift i want to get. I plan on going with the OME lift, i was also thinking about the AC 2" lift from 4x4 parts https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/pathfinder-suspension-lift-p-1550.html It says that i would need to buy aftermarket wheels with a negative backspace, has anyone fit stock rims with this lift? Does anyone know if it is possible to fit stock rims? Will it cause any damage in the future?

The ome lift seems most reliable to me because it says nothing about backspacing and camber bolts, http://www.rocky-road.com/nissan-pathfinder-lift-kit.html It also says they sell it in the set depending on your model year it was built. Do i need to buy aftermarket wheels with the OME lift? It says nothing about it, i read on this thread that you don't but i just want to make sure. How much does it actually lift when finally settled?Would i be better off buying the package? Or the coils seperatly

Thank you!

Edited by NIssanBoston

I started reading this thread from the beginning, the first several pages anyways, not sure if you did or not Boston, but I think some of your questions have already been addressed. From what I gather it's totally up to you, as you can mix and match coils and struts. Plus you got spacers to play with.

Great information in here!!

• 3 months later...