squeaks, rattles, noises

Tx_Atty

Guest 05thumpinpathy

my 05 pathy is just fine...even with 2 15's in the back....i dont have any rattles and i have almost 12k on it... i absolutely love it...dont know what to tell ya i dont know where it could possibly coming from everything is pretty tight unless its the door panels thats about all i can think of give me more detail and i'll look into it...i drive hundreds of them a day...

One rattle is coming from the driver rear door and sounds a little metalic. Almost as if the seat buckle was rattling against the door frame (it isnt). Another is from the passenger front A pillar grab handle. My wife held onto it the other day and it quit but started again as soon as she let go. That one is more like a rubbery squeak. Others are not really easily pinpointed. In her old maxima, the dash squeaked periodically and if you pushed on the passenger airbag area it would quit. The pathfinder seems to have similar squeaks.

I would keep taking it back to the dealer but my experience already has shown them to be less than competent. Nothing pisses me off more than having them call me and say "we fixed it, come get it" and before I even get out of the parking lot it again does whatever I took it in for.

I still love the car but rattles are not acceptable.

• 4 months later...
Guest Relentless
My wife's '05 LE is only a month old and squeaks and rattles all over the place. It comes from so many places I cant identify them all. Has anyone else noticed this? For 30K Im getting a little pissed.

I also have a 2005 Pathy LE...and it rattles like crazy.

1) Horrible rattle coming from behind Bose stereo head.

2) Rattles in both front doors and both rear doors.

3) Rattles in the rear A/C vents when I turn up the rear fan higher than 3.

I haven't taken to dealer yet because dealer is a long drive away and they want vehicle for a couple of days. (sigh)

I didn't expect this poor of quality from Nissan.

-Relent

• 1 month later...
Guest keylow

I have a Black 05 Pathfinder SE offroad version and the squeaks are driving me nuts. Been to the dealer twice already and they still can't seem to fix the problem. There is a squeak coming from the climate control when set on automatic. It usually squeaks when the fan blows from the floor to front and vice versa. The second squeak is coming from the front suspension driver side. I'm not sure what it is but when driving on bumpy roads and dirt roads it squeaks like crazy. The third is a thump when driving down a ramp and cutting the wheels. You can hear a boing. The worst is they will not fix the heater even though 12 other 05 pathfinders owners in the city complained about it. As far as the other squeaks they don't know how to fix the problem. They checked the suspension and everything seems tight. They told me they will ask head office for technical support. I'm on the verge of selling my pathfinder. I opted for the off road package thinking it would be more robust but I guess not. The Armada looks good.

post-23-1149896569.jpg

Hi

I am new on this site because I found it only today. I have a 2005 PF /SE, made in Spain with a 2,5L turbo-diesel engine, 174hp at 420Nm torque. I have 23.000km without a problem. I hear no noises except when I open the driver's window there is a rattle from inside the door but I can fix it just lifting the window a little bit.

I live in Romania/Europe and our roads looks more like a semi-off-road but I had no problem even during the winter at -25C and 50cm of snow. I am very satisfied.

If I may have a suggestion I would advise you to write directly to the factory. Maybe they can help you. Good luck!

Edited by radudel

• 1 month later...

My '05 LE has a slight rattle around the driver side front wheel/suspension area when I hit a bump, but I only hear it when the window is open.

I have aftermarket 20"s, so I know the dealer's response will point the finger there.

Other than that, I get a little squeek while opening the sunroof. But I really don't want to go to the dealer for a squirt of WD40.

Guest Stormin Grey

wow...i have 2006 LE and so far the only annoyance that I have is the crappy gas mileage in town... :angry: ..I dont have any rattles or boings or anything (yet) it only has 5300 miles on it and I owned it since it was shrink wrapped from the factory....However, one thing that I noticed right away was a springy noise about 10 seconds after rolling from the initial start up... that drove me nutZ :wacko: .. it was not until after the 3rd dealer visit, when the service mgr actually (finally) took it out himself and heard it, did they call Nissan Techline.. -argue- ..funny, they knew EXACTLY what is was :o ...it was the ABS system check and the springy noise was the system engaging..... :confused: 40K cant even buy perfection these days... :sniff:

Guest spiderjohn

So Stormin Grey, is the springy sound of the ABS system supposed to be there? I have a 2006 LE and I have noticed the same sound. I just assumed that it was supposed to be there.

• 1 month later...

to those with the squeak in the frt suspension when going over bumpy roads sometimes, i had the same prob (the dealer had it 4 times). I had to find the problem myself, after flogging the ride on the beach and shaking the vehicle while parked determined it was the hood latch found metal wear where it actually latches in, unscrewed the rubber hood mounts to lift the hood up a little and problem solved took it to the dealer and told them to adj latch and adj my hood back down the quarter in i had to raise it up. Hope that helps someone.

as for the rattle i can't find is the eng flutter around 3k rpm the dealer performed the tsb for it but it came right back worse than before, it sounds so bad now it almost sounds like its coming from the trans (pretty sure it's the variable intake though)