• 1996-1999
    • 1999.5-2004 because of larger 3.5 engine
    • 2005- current

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DITTO!

If huge horsepower was so important, then why is the 4cyl toyota so popular?

I agree... some of the most successful rigs have 4cyl and small V6 power plants.

*Sure HP has it's place, there is no doubt about it, but it takes more than the simple ability to spin a couple tires or comfortably drive 90mph down the freeway ;)

Edited by RedPath88

• 4 weeks later...
Horsepower is a remarkably poor measure of off road ability...  :nono:

B

haha..

did you see the mall crawler video in the video section that came from Havoc Offroad(the club im in)?

hes got a manual 454 runnin off propane under the hood of his blazer. i'll admit, hes also got beadlocks, gears, 39's, axles, lockers, everything you can thimk of... but he always hates on the yota and jeep guys (always joking and in good humor of course) saying his power is what gets him around and to be honest, i believe him. if you see where he goes in that full size rig, the trails he makes by pushin that petal to the metal, you'd believe me to. he goes places in that beast that the toys and heeps cant go and hes double the size. maybe im tryin to defend a lost cause here, but whatever, lol. i've seen toyotas with only 33's and 3 inch body lift do some crazy @!*% at RR and GR, but he steps up and guns it and gets things done.

:bow: horsepower

i have seen the R50s off road...bone stock...and it was terrible...i could not believe it was still a pathfinder...i have a 95..and with 31s it dosent do that badly...i can go farther then the explorers around me, and many jeeps, so im happy

my 2001 LE does fine off road and i just had it in the snow...32" worth...dont let that truck fool you...the off roader must have been a novice. that engine always has power to spare. tap the gas and off it goes, need more power ? push the petal harder, LOL ....cant go wrong with full leather interior, navigation heated seats tv dvd ect...in the middle of a 4x4 run....creature comforts in the wilderness....what a great truck...have never gotten stuck...............yet

....cant go wrong with full leather interior, navigation heated seats tv dvd ect...

:crazy:

Only thing remotely worth a damn would be the navigation, but an aftermarket stand alone GPS is better, can take it with you if you leave the truck ;)

Chu gotta start wheeling son... sly

EDIT: sweet Lord your sig is huge. :blink:

I agree here...you ain't tryin hard enough!

And Luker...whachu talkin bout Willis? His sig is no bigger than GGs, and you don't bitch about that. Tell us why you're really complaining, is it that pretty R50 in it? Are you jealous of his VQ35? Or is it the Nav System you secretly lust for? :lol::lol::lol::P

i have seen the R50s off road...bone stock...and it was terrible...i could not believe it was still a pathfinder...i have a 95..and with 31s it dosent do that badly...i can go farther then the explorers around me, and many jeeps, so im happy

We took a bone stock R50 to Paragon Adventure Park in January 2005 on bald all-season tires. The only thing that stopped him all day was a slope that was covered completely in slick, glass ice. One could argue that his tires were at fault, but a dual locked SAS Toyota pickup, on brand new 37" MTRs, with dual t-cases and 5.14s couldn't make it up the hill and had to winch out. Also, I can't forget to mention that the snow was falling at a rate of 2-3" per hour all day long, and it never got about 0°F.

My lifted Pathy actually got stuck on something he made it over. Though, that was entirely my fault and not the fault of the truck. I saw the tracks all the way to the right, and I though, aw hell, I'll go left....BAM...hi-centered. D'oh! A quick snatch from the truck behind me and I was moving again, so quickly, that they didn't even have a chance to run back and get a picture...hehehe. :lol:

FWIW, 2-doors and 4-doors have the same wheelbase and overall length.

AND THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A CARBURETED PATHFINDER! They're all either TBI or MPFI. Why do you think there's an ECU under the seat?

:lol: Those are two points that I fear will never be fully excepted 88 :shrug:

Eh don't listen to Luker he's complained about this before and he knows how to turn sig's off. We probably should have some sorta defined rules about sig pic size though...

Oh yea and GO 2 DOOR PATHY'S!! -bounce-

Edited by SC88Pathy

We probably should have some sorta defined rules about sig pic size though...

We do -- its stickied at the top of general forums.

From 88

Also, please keep the size of your signature pics down to the bare minimum. They should be around 15-30 kb in size, and yes, it is possible to have a small filesize picture that still looks good. Mine is 13 kb. How's that look?

Oh yea and GO 2 DOOR PATHY'S!! -bounce-

Word B)