ac/heater controls

muddawg

I installed a 6 disk cd changer,i used the wiring harness that came with it everything hookup fine,didn't have to cut any wires.then i notice that the ac/heater and cigarette lighter didn't work.the blower still works.i check the fuse box everything seems to be ok.my question is,is there a relay somewhere that i'm missing?

Hmmm, sounds like something came unplugged under the dash somewhere. I've never heard of this particular problem.

By the way, you REALLY need to resize your Pathfinder picture. It took 7-10 seconds to load JUST your picture on this page, and I have a cable modem. The picture size is approximately 1,233,000 bytes...should be more like 20,000. Tops. Thanks.

• 2 years later...

i've actually got that exact same problem with my 94. i noticed the other day that my ac went out and my amp won't work (it's hooked to the cigarette lighter for the switch). i've been battling with it for a while now, and can't figure it out for the life of me.

found the problem - the amp was definately cashed. i think it's because i threw a pool floatie in my whip before protecting the amp. it must have gotten water damage. anyway, i sent the amp to Amp Repair Center to get it fixed and replaced the fuse. the a/c and cigarette lighter both work now, and i'm waiting on the amp. i checked my chilton's, but it didn't say anything about the a/c being connected to the cigarette lighter, and the fusebox even had the radio and a/c on the same fuse. odd. anyway that fixed my problem