Help me decide

MiSh

ok have saved up a fair bit of $$$$ but dont know how to spend it.

I have got $1700 AU and heres what im thinking of getting.

First of all my frount suspension is shot. i mean really shot. i cant even go over a speed hump without the tyres rubbing.

so i have been thinking about either

1. getting a locker installed then a 2 inch body lift so that the tyres dont rub till i can afford better shocks cost $1700

2. getting some long travel ranchos and putting in a intercoller $1500

3. getting some cheap frount shocks and doing the intercooler and a few other things like tinting the car and stuff

what do you reckon would be my best option

about the intercooler i got a used one for $70nz, rubber bends $50nz, 100mm of 3in alu tube off my unused nudge bars, free, 150mm 2in alu tube off an old light boom, free, hose clips $15nz that makes $135nz with $1565nz/au+/- left rear shocks cost me $180nz a pair

is this about street or offroad?

where abouts in oz are you?

you can do a heap of stuff for $1700 if your willing to turn the spanners your self

minimum for 1700 i would expect would be suspenion and locker & probably do the body lift as well.

Edited by sw

Sounds to me like you need to crank/re-index/replace the torsion bars and replace the shocks (if the front are that bad, the rear are probably worn out also). From there I'l install diffferent springs in the rear (do you have Jeep Grand Cherokee's/Ford f150's or equivalent there ? If so get them used from a junk yard). This will give you a suspension lift equal to a 2"BL and stiffen the suspension.

If you just do a BL you will have the clearance, but your suspension will still be mush. If and how you do the SL, you should have a bit of $ left over and can go from there...

B

This will give you a suspension lift equal to a 2"BL and stiffen the suspension.

If you just do a BL you will have the clearance, but your suspension will still be mush.

Not to mention that the BL will increase your COG, which might be a bad idea when you're suspension is all saggy and soft. I'd upgrade the suspension (or at least get it back to specs) first.

...Just my opinion.

I do like Vsick's idea, though... :aok:

Edited by jj big shoe