Just got my '97...

Guest Todd S

Guest Todd S

Hey Y'all,

Glad I found this resource! I've been lucky enough to find a good group like this for all my recent toys (my old '84 Porsche 928, which I just sold, and my new '02 Yamaha FZ1, which I just bought!). SO GLAD you're here!

Just got a MINT condition '97 Pathfinder with 83K on it. Light gold-ish colored. It's a fairly stripped down XE automatic, but has the 6-spkr stereo and great AC (something the 928 never had...working). Guy who owned it before me used to detail cars for a living, and kept it SO CLEAN. He also kept all the service records, so I know the manifold has been replaced, new front brakes, etc.

After doing some research on the board, it seems I have the "wobbling Pathfinder" problem. Hit a bump doing over 45-50 mph, and the things wobbles a bit. So I think that's my first fix. Sounds like I need to replace the rubber bushings in the rear control arms, yes? Perhaps the 4 dogbones?

Also, I can hear a little bit of grinding when applying the brakes. I know the fronts are new. Could it be the backs? Or maybe the pads are aftermarket? I know sometimes aftermarket pads won't sound as great. I'm thinking of hitting 'em with some brake cleaner to see if that makes the difference. Any other ideas?

Thanks so much in advance,

-Todd

welcome.

just replacing the bushes should fix the wobble, never heard of replacing the arms.

try the brake cleaner if that doesnt work post up again.

:))))