Waag At Sweet Prices!

02silverpathy

Check it out!!! KMQAR99 asked me about this so here is a great link...sorry now that I bought a used one and only save $19!!!

Waagedy Waag

After posing this in 96+ R50's I think maybe this should have been in the general since you could get the tail light gaurd for the 1st gen also at a sweet price!!!

Edited by 98silverpathy

Ugh. Those look terrible, IMHO. You will never (repeat, NEVER) be in any kind of situation where that rear bumper guard will do anything but cause more damage to your vehicle than if you didn't have it installed. Same for the FrontRunner guards they have on clearance.

I think that this rear guard looks way better than the bike rack or whatever people stick on the back of their vehicles, so that justifies it for me, besides I like the look of mine...it really de tracts from the mall monster look.

anyhow, how would that cause more damage to my vehicle?? I mean if someone backs into my truck that wonderful plastic bumper is F'd along with the paper thin steel that is underneath, thus allowing the rear hatch to be comprimised. The only conciveable damage i could see is that the rear under frame may be damaged but i still see that as being a cheaper fix that the hatch door??

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I like the idea of protecting the back from little fender benders but is it substantial enough? Anyway, I currently have a hitch mounted bike rack on. I have it on because I mountain bike a lot; not for show. Anyway, I suppose on a center impact, it would spear though a foot of someone's vehicle before they actually touched my bumper. That's what I worry about in crazy highway traffic- that someone behind me will rear-end me. I always keep enough distance in front but I notice most people come up pretty close behind me, especially women. At 70 mph, a car length is never enough and I often have my Boxer in the back so it worries me or I would just be happy letting them eat my bike rack.

IMHO those rear bumper guards look ridiculous...they clearly aren't for trail use and if I saw a truck with one on I wouldn't, for a second, think it looks more trail ready than grocery bag ready. They almost look like they're made of aluminum.

just my .02

Edited by madhatter_xe

I have one of the rear guards, and while it has been a while since I've been offroad, my truck has seen *plenty* of action. The rear-guard holds up well, I've modified mine a bit to make it more solid in its mounting.

I've also been rear-ended with it, and it's held up beautifully. So until you test it out, don't knock it.

That's funny you mentioned getting rear ended w/it...in a Circuit City pkg lot I had some old dude in his '05 Chevy conversion van beat my trucks rear end....the alarm paged, I hustled out and saw just a scar on both sides of the bumpers rubber--said he was sorry he walloped my truck...I was happy anyway, as I am sure that the factory bumper would have been crinkled plastic!! I even thaink that i could buff up the scratch dent in the rubber to look like normal used again!!!