Welcome New Members !

Precise1

welcome!

you'll be impressed with what this truck will do even in stock form (with good tires).

all the info you need is here just spend some time searching.

Hi Guys;

I don't have a pathfinder, but I do have a TD27 in my house boat. I don't know the model vehicle it came from as I bought the engine secondhand as a Jap import. I live in Australia.

My problem is after not running for 12 months as I work away there is a fuel leak near the front of the injector pump.

I saw the offer for a digital copy of the workshop manual on google and would really appreciate it, both to help rectify this problem and as an onboard reference for the future.

I use keel cooling, that is tubes on the outside of the hull through which the regular coolant pump circulates regular coolant and a dry exhaust out the bottom of the vessel, so it is as reliable as aTD27 in a vehicle.

Hope some one can send me the shop manual soon, as I only have a couple of days before I fly out to work again.

Thanks guys; Ric hutchings, Adealaide Australia.

Hello Ric, I'm sorry but the factory manuals that I know of are only for the North American market, hence no TD27 (much to our dismay). I highly recommend copying your post and starting a new thread in the Garage/Diesel Engine DIscussions section off of the forum main page. That will give you the most visibility and hopefully someone can get you the info you need...

B

Hi all,

I just purchased a 1991 Nissan Terrano 4x4 with a 2.7L Turbo Diesel, it has a about 96,000 miles on the motor and seems to be in great shape overall. I live in Washington State, USA and had never seen or heard of a Terrano in the states until I saw this one for sale. Some of you may have seen it posted for sale on this site, it was listed a few months back. (Don't worry I didn't pay near the asking price :) It is a stock rig, but has a frybrid vegetable oil conversion. I know very little about Terranos in general, but I knew this kind of rig was too rare for me to pass up. Thanks for being here NPORA, I am hoping to get some help as I try to figure out how to maintain and service this Terrano, and build it up for better off road performance.

Hello from Oakland California,

I have a 1994 Pathfinder SE V6 3.0L 4x4 with 157K miles in pretty good shape. Body has a few dings in it but otherwise its a great truck. I take it up to Lake Tahoe occassionally. I'm definitely a newbie and will be looking for help with general repairs and some modifications to increase performance. Right now its almost entirely stock.

Thanks

• Like 1

I bought my '97 Pathfinder in '09 with just over 100k on the clock. I have really done very little to it - I've added a hitch, wiring, and a trailer brake controller, put a set of 31x10.5 BFG ATs on it, and other than that I've driven it about 45k mostly trouble-free miles. The only ongoing trouble spot is the brakes; I've replaced pads and rotors twice now because of warping issues.

I bought it as a chase truck for my hot air balloon, so most of the four-wheeling it sees is with the chase crew at the wheel rather than me, and most of it is with the balloon trailer hitched up. It's gotten its share of desert pinstriping (which none of the crew will own up to doing), but I have yet to have anything break. It's only been stuck twice, once on a berm getting back onto a dirt road after recovering the balloon (a little digging and a yank with a tow strap took care of that) and once when one of my crew members tried to turn it around with the trailer attached in deep, sugary sand down in El Paso - when I dropped the trailer it drove right out, but it took us another hour to get the trailer back on the road so we could hook it back up. :-)

Anyway, after a long debate with myself about buying something that can haul more people, I've decided to keep the Pathfinder (it's paid for, I know all its little idiosyncrasies, and I still like it an awful lot), so it's time to do some of the deferred maintenance and projects on it. I'm hoping I can get a winch on it for a little less than the price tag of the ARB bumper, but that remains to be seen - I suppose it all depends on my design skills. :-)

So my parents gave me their 1992 Pathfinder 4x4 (XE?) which has been sitting for over a year. It's got about 250K very gentle miles on it, and has run well and has been maintained well since it was new.

Had some squirrels nested under the hood for a while; they'd chewed out the hood liner and brought in some other nesting materials.

They chewed through some of the wiring, but not seriously. My goal is to solder a few things back together, patch some wires, and fire her up.

Looking forward to picking some serious Pathfinder brains here!

Thanks for having me!

Hey all.

So I havent really been into the truck/4x4 scene at all. My vehicle history mostly involved euro and jdm vehicles. I recently picked up a 4x4 and i absoloutly love it. I got one because I got me a job up in north Alberta and will be driving it from BC quite often and this truck is definetly up for the task.

A little about the purchase. The day i went shopping for a 4x4 i had my mind set on either a 4runner or R50 pathfinder. I looked at about 7 of them in one day, and none of them caught my attention. All were too high kms-worn interiors-not enough options.. i was kind of done with looking for a car that day.

Then at about 9pm i got a call back from this person who had an ad listed on craigslist for a 2001 Pathfinder LE. This ad barely had any information and didn't have pictures. But i was like, whatever might as well go look at this last one i might like it.

Well when i got to the persons house it was evident that this thing would be IMMACULATE. They had about 4 luxury cars parked outside and the Pathy was inside the 3 car garage with an M6 bmw and X6M bmw .

This Pathfinder has had one owner since new. Lady driven all its life. They got every single option that was available that year. showed me the bill for the truck when they bought it new- $48,987 12 years ago., only has 118,000K ... I do have plans for it but i want to keep it clean as possible

next day this is what i came home with. Only thing that wasn't in perfect condition was a little surface rust on the bush bar. No biggie at all !

img1983ce.jpg

img1986yd.jpg

img1984ez.jpg

img1994bq.jpg

img1988ns.jpg

img1998eb.jpg

img2007hg.jpg

img2008fv.jpg

Hey all.

So I havent really been into the truck/4x4 scene at all. My vehicle history mostly involved euro and jdm vehicles. I recently picked up a 4x4 and i absoloutly love it. I got one because I got me a job up in north Alberta and will be driving it from BC quite often and this truck is definetly up for the task.

A little about the purchase. The day i went shopping for a 4x4 i had my mind set on either a 4runner or R50 pathfinder. I looked at about 7 of them in one day, and none of them caught my attention. All were too high kms-worn interiors-not enough options.. i was kind of done with looking for a car that day.

Then at about 9pm i got a call back from this person who had an ad listed on craigslist for a 2001 Pathfinder LE. This ad barely had any information and didn't have pictures. But i was like, whatever might as well go look at this last one i might like it.

Well when i got to the persons house it was evident that this thing would be IMMACULATE. They had about 4 luxury cars parked outside and the Pathy was inside the 3 car garage with an M6 bmw and X6M bmw .

This Pathfinder has had one owner since new. Lady driven all its life. They got every single option that was available that year. showed me the bill for the truck when they bought it new- $48,987 12 years ago., only has 118,000K ... I do have plans for it but i want to keep it clean as possible

next day this is what i came home with. Only thing that wasn't in perfect condition was a little surface rust on the bush bar. No biggie at all !

Looks incredible! I remember when mine was just as stock and clean. I left my house telling my wife that I was going to come home with a 4runner and brought my Pathy home after driving several Toyota's. Long story short, she was surprised when I met her in the driveway. Welcome to NPORA. :)

• Like 1

hi all,

it's time to build my Pathfinder up for adventure. more HP from the motor, lift kit, bumpers/winches, exo-cage, and a stereo are some of the first things on the list. when i read through the forums and find pertinent information, i will be sending friend requests. feel free to send a FR my way. i'm a disabled vet who's looking to spend time out enjoying the most remote forest service roads, do some camping, fishing, gold prospecting, and having quality time with my wife, and dogs. I still turn wrenches to the best of my ability, i'll pull the motor out myself, but send it to a specialty shop for a complete overhaul when it's time. peace & tread lightly B)

Hey everyone !! my Pathfinder is my daily driver but i am in the middle of making neccessary upgrades, converting manual locking hubs, putting nice big tires on it, pace setter headers, wanna find a snorkel and get a winch bumper made anyways looking forward to seeing stuff on this forum

• Like 1

Just picked up a '93 for "Project Alpine Loop". The plan: buy, find, build, borrow, or any combination thereof an off-road-worthy vehicle and get it prepped for a trip to Colorado's Alpine Loop for a week of camping and 'wheeling in the mountains. You have 13 months. GO!

I chose this Pathy.

405694_540625335979504_847626925_n.jpg

139k miles, PO was original owner. No rust! Now to freshen her up. Already replaced t-belt/tensioner, water pump, fan clutch, bypass & upper/lower hoses, cam & crank seals, etc. But got the t-belt a *teensy* bit too tight, so she sounds like she has a roots blower when she warms up. So, will do that again (this time according to the FSM) and replaced the cracked fan as well (noticed that as I swapped out fan clutches). After that, bushings all 'round, shocks, check ball joints/tie rod ends, wheel bearing inspect and repack ... This is going to be fun!

Just picked up a '93 for "Project Alpine Loop". The plan: buy, find, build, borrow, or any combination thereof an off-road-worthy vehicle and get it prepped for a trip to Colorado's Alpine Loop for a week of camping and 'wheeling in the mountains. You have 13 months. GO!

139k miles, PO was original owner. No rust! Now to freshen her up. Already replaced t-belt/tensioner, water pump, fan clutch, bypass & upper/lower hoses, cam & crank seals, etc. But got the t-belt a *teensy* bit too tight, so she sounds like she has a roots blower when she warms up. So, will do that again (this time according to the FSM) and replaced the cracked fan as well (noticed that as I swapped out fan clutches). After that, bushings all 'round, shocks, check ball joints/tie rod ends, wheel bearing inspect and repack ... This is going to be fun!

Dang. How big is that "loop"? It sounds like you are ready for a cross-country "loop". Welcome to NPORA!

Dang. How big is that "loop"? It sounds like you are ready for a cross-country "loop". Welcome to NPORA!

Glad to be here! Was lurking until I made it official with my purchase. As for the "loop", about 28 miles. 28 miles of this:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, I'm jealous! I had to look it up before I saw your vid link so here is more info for anyone interested... http://www.alpineloop.com/HTML/index.html

I grew up riding the California Sierras in terrain close to that, and miss it.

A few tips: There is a good write up in the Garage/How To section on changing the timing belt and tensioning it. You obviously know your way around a wrench, but it might help you.

Make sure to check the compression rod bushing (lower CA to frame rod), it'll look ok from the outside but they almost always need attention, some wear/break in 1/2 (the rod that is).

If it is a manual, there is a TSB concerning 'overfilling' for proper lub in all situations (5.1l IIRC).

If it is an Auto, you should probably install a cooler, perhaps even a stand alone. That is well discussed so a quick search will probive you with info.

Congrats on your new Pathy, they are great little vehicles!

B

Newbie alert ! to both this site and the pathfinder, actually I just purchased a 1998 Infiniti QX4 after the used car dealer agreed to replace the lions share of rusted components from the rack and pinion, struts to the control arms and such in the rear. After I found some additional rust I began what I should have done first, went online, but that's when I found this site and I'm hoping it proves to be a valuable resource in making this qx4 whole once again. I'm writing this first before reading or exploring the site but I am looking forward to it.

Edited by diamondave

Hola, new guy here from North Florida. Land of the... well, not much. let's just leave it at that.

Grew up in San Diego and the mountains of NC. I've always had a thing for Nissans. Have owned many, many, trucks from 620's to Frontiers. As I'm getting older and softer I've decided that a R50 Pathfinder would be a great addition to family. Mostly for light DD, and camping.

I have started my search locally on CL. Wish me luck.

Jeff

What's up kids..........I'm a newbie to the pathfinder experience, but not New to vehicles or upgrades. I got my 94 hardbody about a year and a half ago and fell in love with the old girl. Also New to 4x4 (was a racer and still am for the most part) ......as a family man now, wife wasn't really down with the custom fab car seat in the back of the turbo integi.........with no interior. Se la vi.......and the hunt was on for an suv. Four door. Also the area I live in now IS kinda redneckish.......soooooo, fourwheel drive is a standard not an option. And with everything Chevy, import was defiantly the way to go, just gotta be standalone. Well,that's all for now, from super excited newb..............

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! My name is Mark & my ride is a 98 pathfinder SE with a manual tranny and 4WD! I am no stranger to Nissans as my last car was a 240sx and I had been rather active over on the nicoclub forum. I'm no stranger to working on cars either and would prefer to do any and all work myself. My rig has 184k miles and I'm the second owner. Here's what I've done thus far:

- General Tire Grabber AT2's all the way around (265/70/15) (still need to replace the factory spare with a Grabber though)

- K&N drop in air filter

- Added the in-cabin air filter

- replaced the timing belt & water pump at 183k miles (then had a coolant leak and had to replace the bypass hose which was a huge PAIN (one of the factory clamps gave out causing the leak))

Here are some of my plans for it:

- Manual locking hubs (to help mpg a bit when commuting)

- Suspension lift (leaning toward a 2" from OME)

- Rock sliders

- Maybe a few skid plates and perhaps a few little power mods to give the engine some more grunt (would have perferred getting a vq35 equipped pathy but this one was cheap and a manual and I LOVE driving manuals!)

One question that I have is how can one tell if their pathfinder is "wide" vs "narrow" as far as the axle/diff are concerned. I checked the FSM for the final drive ratio and the ratio varied based on body width it seemed. My axle code is HG46 though so I know that I have the 4.636 gears in it... I'm more so curious the distinction between wide and narrow...

Well I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum and welcome any comments and especially any advice on things to look out for or to replace when doing suspension upgrades/replacements!

Sorry, I can't help you with the axle/diff question.

:) Welcome over! I too have an account with NICO but, I haven't been over there in quite a while. I'm sure that you will see a couple of familiar faces around these parts if you are frequenting the Pathy boards over there.

Edited by devonianwalk

Good to find a Pathfinder specific forum! Just picked mine up a week ago to make trips to see girlfriends parents (Houston to Pensacola) and have a 4x4 vehicle again!

Got a great deal on a 98' 4x4 Auto and its a great relief driving it daily as i normaly take the 350z (she is getting tired in her old age) :happy:

i1wx.jpg

ust4.jpg

ANDDDD the Z before and after wreck

41505535730196855898827.jpg

accidentu.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello...name's Pato...originally from Kenya but living in Dubai...just got myself a 2008 Pathfinder drives like a charm especially after the lift kit installed 3days after purchase...daily driver...a few escapades dune bashing...some wadi bashing too and commute to the MTB trails

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome! First tho, wanna address precise1......I'm OG Precise1 since '84! Haha. Anyhoo....hope to pick ur brain someday soon with my build. Still a newb...but old skool in respect, values, and hard work. But u guys n here are doing some great work! Maybe I can learn some new tricks. Happy wrenchn!

Hello everyone,

I have had my pathfinder for a few months now, but I want to start putting some more time into it. I use it mostly as a daily driver. Its a 2000 4X4 auto and it is stock. I am coming here to look into what upgrades I can do. I'll get some pictures.

Brett