Welcome New Members !

Precise1

New member looking for a truck.  Past owner of an 89 two tone & 93 with well over 300k miles between them.  Looking for a 95 & earlier, prefer a 2 door SE 5spd 4x4.  No rust, can re-do paint and prefer lower miles - the closer to stock the more I'll like it.  Let me know what you have, thanks!

89 Pathfinder - Copy (400x279).jpg

Hello, just joined the forum and I'm in the process of gathering the necessary items for a lift. I'm currently running a 2001 LE that's bone stock except for some cheapo brush guards front and rear, and a homemade roof rack with a light bar. Its in dire need of a suspension overhaul. The last suspension job was done by the previous owner over 5 years ago (at 189,000 miles). She's seen quite a few miles since I've gotten her, shes now got nearly 270K on the clock. My off-road experience is rather limited so far, but I've done several mild trails over the years and plenty of wheeling in the snow. Some of the trails I had no business being on......think middle of the Colorado winter going up the 4x4 path leading to Mt. Huron (14er)...... but the R50s are so damn good that she always seemed to get me out of the tight spots. This past year I started noticing terrible handling and excessive bottoming out, with major sag in the rear, so I went down the rabbit hole of suspension upgrades and this led me to the possibility of a lift, ultimately bringing me here, haha. I've been lurking for a few weeks now, trying to soak up as much as I could before signing up for an account.

One question I had was regarding wheel spacers, and try as I might, I couldn't find any discussion on them using the search function. If I wanted to purchase 1.25 inch wheel spacers all around, which would be the best ones to go for? I'm trying to make room for 265/75 R16 BFG KO2s after installing OME MD springs front and rear (haven't done it yet). I may or may not go for additional 1" spacers for the struts and rear coils, depending on how much lift the coils end up giving me over the sagging OEMs, but regardless, I believe I will need lots of fender trimming and at least 1.25 inch wheel spacers to be able to fit the 32s. Plus I just really like the way pathys look with a wider stance. I understand that any spacers must be hub-centric for the R-50s, but are there any other specifics that I should look for, or would anything labelled 6x5.5 work fine? 

Also, does anyone know how to crack the bolts on the lower control arms? I'm getting death wobble but I cant seem to get the bolts off to swap them out no matter how much PB Blaster I use

7 hours ago, PathyGig12 said:

One question I had was regarding wheel spacers, and try as I might, I couldn't find any discussion on them using the search function. If I wanted to purchase 1.25 inch wheel spacers all around, which would be the best ones to go for? I'm trying to make room for 265/75 R16 BFG KO2s after installing OME MD springs front and rear (haven't done it yet). I may or may not go for additional 1" spacers for the struts and rear coils, depending on how much lift the coils end up giving me over the sagging OEMs, but regardless, I believe I will need lots of fender trimming and at least 1.25 inch wheel spacers to be able to fit the 32s. Plus I just really like the way pathys look with a wider stance. 

fitting 32’s on OME MD springs will be pretty much impossible. 32’s would necessitate either 1: AC springs (4x4parts.com) Or 2: OME 2928 HD springs and, after they’ve settled, a 1” strut spacer would be recommended. For the rear, Land Rover springs would work best. Check page 7 of the below thread for the best estimates of lift height and where to order

If you add wheel spacers, you might consider only putting them on the front so that your tires in the back still tuck easily inside the wheel well. As far as specific brands to look at, I can’t personally recommend any, nor do I recall they’re being much of a forum consensus.

Of the people who do run spacers on stock wheels, I can think of @02_Pathy and @hawairish

Edited by PathyDude17
  • Like 1

Hello all! New guy here. I have a 2002 RWD LE I picked up from a friends husband for $800. It has almost 350,000 on the clock. She's black with gray (and tan) interior. 

I've swapped out the black cracked, inoperable leather seats for a beautiful tan cloth set, found a tan cargo bay cover and factory net. Swapped out the original roof rack with one from a QX4 and replaced the grille with one off a 2000 Pathy (still hunting for an emblem). 

She is currently down with either a knock sensor or coil pack problem and an oil pan gasket leak. Recently replaced the rear main seal as well.

My goal is to get her set up as a weekend "overland" style runner. 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:18 AM, PathyDude17 said:

fitting 32’s on OME MD springs will be pretty much impossible. 32’s would necessitate either 1: AC springs (4x4parts.com) Or 2: OME 2928 HD springs and, after they’ve settled, a 1” strut spacer would be recommended. For the rear, Land Rover springs would work best. Check page 7 of the below thread for the best estimates of lift height and where to order

If you add wheel spacers, you might consider only putting them on the front so that your tires in the back still tuck easily inside the wheel well. As far as specific brands to look at, I can’t personally recommend any, nor do I recall they’re being much of a forum consensus.

Of the people who do run spacers on stock wheels, I can think of @02_Pathy and @hawairish

Ok I’m thinking you might be right about the Land Rover springs in the rear. In terms of sizing I think the 9447s should be appropriate for around a 2 inch lift height. When I do a google search, this is the only site that pops up. 

https://www.steveparkers.com/product/nrc-9447-defender-90-front-coil-spring-blue-yellow-stripe/

It says that they are FRONT coils though. Is this correct or will they fit the R50 rear?

One issue that comes up with using the Land Rover coils is that I just bought a set of Gabriel ultra shocks for the rear because I only anticipated around an inch of height gained with the OME springs. Will the Land Rover springs offer too much lift to safely use in conjunction with the Gabriel ultras? I chose them because they have pretty much the longest extended length out of all of the factory spec replacement shocks and someone in another thread recommended them for use with a lift around 2 inches or less. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PathyGig12 said:

Ok I’m thinking you might be right about the Land Rover springs in the rear. In terms of sizing I think the 9447s should be appropriate for around a 2 inch lift height. When I do a google search, this is the only site that pops up. 

https://www.steveparkers.com/product/nrc-9447-defender-90-front-coil-spring-blue-yellow-stripe/

Lets invest in your research skills a little bit.....

https://www.google.com/search?q=nrc9447+springs&oq=nrc&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l4.3465j1j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you follow the above link for a google search on "nrc9447 springs", you'll see it yields way more than one result, with lrdirect.com, the recommended buying website, showing up as the first suggestion.

Post #155 on the thread that was linked in my previous response lists lrdirect as the preferred buying website, and also explains how, although the spring belongs on the front of a land rover, it fits perfectly in the rear of a pathfinder. It also has some shock advice towards the end. 

I'm not trying to bite off heads here, I'm just trying to save us all some time and encourage you to do thorough research. You'll have the most fun upgrading your pathy if you know how everything works because you researched it yourself. It's more rewarding that way.

As for the function of your OE spec shocks paired with LR coils, it will be easier for your shocks to bottom out, and the down travel of your suspension will be limited by the length of those shocks. I can't say whether or not you'll notice them reaching full extension anytime you're on the road. Regardless of that, the shock will still function safely and normally when paired with those springs. If i remember correctly, factory spec is about 24", and common lift shocks are 26". The other popular option for 9447/9449 coils is bilstein's 29.7" shock. It's recommended that if you go up to the 29" shock that you extend your rear brake line, diff breather, and bumpstops. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RainGoat said:

I think he might have meant searching for info on wheel spacers. There really isn’t much info regarding brands on NPORA.

Agreed, I mentioned that in post #753. I didn’t understand #755 to have anything to do with wheel spacers.

1 hour ago, PathyDude17 said:

Agreed, I mentioned that in post #753. I didn’t understand #755 to have anything to do with wheel spacers.

You’re right I should have looked into it further. I typed “nrc9447” into google and got a bunch of nonsense results apart from that one site I shared. I’m glad there are other sources and I’ll definitely look into the one you posted. 

The condescending attitude is unnecessary though. I get it, everyone here has spent years learning about mods and trying everything under the sun before settling on something that works. The thing is, I’m fresh out of college and on a tight budget so I’m not really in a position to mess up countless times. Like I stated in my original post, I tried to research as much as I could and lurk on here for a few weeks before posting so that I wouldn’t waste your guys time, but I’m really trying to lock down the specifics as much as I can before making purchases so I decided to post and ask for clarification. There’s so much conflicting info even on this forum about what works and what doesn’t, so it’s hard to sort through sometimes. Anyway, I really appreciate your responses and hope to stick around and keep learning. 

• Like 2

On 10/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, supersteve said:

New member. Dont know for how long. Wife wants me to get rid of my baby but im fighting all the way. Original owner 89 S.E. 209000 REGULAR MAINTENANCE.

:welcome:

Can't get rid of something that you have 30 years of history with, hang onto that thing!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I am Anre'. I reside on the east coast of the U.S. I purchased a 97 pathfinder LE 4wd about a year ago and haven't been able to do any work on it until now. It's stock currently but looking to change that here shortly after I perform some routine maintenance and replace those crazy trailing arms. I want to add around 2' of lift, larger tires, replace the entire exhaust, LED lights all the way around and whatever else comes along the way.

Edited by Ray

Hello all, I am Anre'. I reside on the east coast of the U.S. I purchased a 97 pathfinder LE 4wd about a year ago and haven't been able to do any work on it until now. It's stock currently but looking to change that here shortly after I perform some routine maintenance and replace those crazy trailing arms. I want to add around 2' of lift, larger tires, replace the entire exhaust, LED lights all the way around and whatever else comes along the way.

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I love my new to me Pathfinder. I look forward to a lot of adventures. I will try and post pictures once I figure out how to reduce the file size. 1993 Pathfinder

Hi, I `m Alexander. First Pathfinder WD21 i bought six year ago.

869414cs-960.jpg

Then i bought Xterra WD22 1999 and Infinity QX4 2002. 

4bfc8aas-960.jpg

I still drive these cars.

QX4 i using for rally equipment.

qx4.thumb.jpg.e2a54fd82bbf454eea84abc332622591.jpg

And my Pathfinder 2004 for cross-counry baja FIA T2 Omologation59418932_3313617202066018_88306110515956.

Nice to meet you ))).

Edited by OneUp
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just bought this 2001 Pathfinder SE one owner car with 143,000 on the clock. I think I got a good deal on her for only $2500, interior is cloth but immaculate and she drives perfect! New to Pathfinders and can’t wait to take her on some light trails!

-Roberto 

54B6268B-EE36-4FED-B05E-EC960D392194.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi All

we own a 2003 and are looking to rebuild it for off roaring only. Thinking of starting with lift kit. Where do u all get your parts ? Tried rough country but they don’t carry the kit for the 03. 

Hi All
we own a 2003 and are looking to rebuild it for off roaring only. Thinking of starting with lift kit. Where do u all get your parts ? Tried rough country but they don’t carry the kit for the 03. 

R50 Lift kit Options, and how they affect the front suspension
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=45554&share_tid=45413&url=http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?/topic/45413-R50-Lift-kit-Options%2C-and-how-they-affect-the-front-suspension&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my Pathfinder

hi everybody, 

i am ronald from the philippines

glad to be here 

i am looking forward to great adventures with my '97 terano/pathfinder

hoping to be advised too on how to properly give my vehicle a proper 2-3" lift and bigger tires

cheers! 

1 hour ago, pathfinderron said:

hi everybody, 

i am ronald from the philippines

glad to be here 

i am looking forward to great adventures with my '97 terano/pathfinder

hoping to be advised too on how to properly give my vehicle a proper 2-3" lift and bigger tires

cheers! 

Welcome! You're in the right place for that kind of information.

• Like 1