Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hi from Sweden, 

This will be my first post on here but at least my 100th time visiting – I just picked up a German import 1994 Terrano V6 4WD AT a few weeks back for roughly $350 USD, and I'm hooked.

Charcoal grey metallic with grey leather interior, in decent shape aside from some serious body rust and a bad fuel injector, this thing previously served as a fishing expedition vehicle, traveling all over Europe with a 20-foot boat in tow. After it developed an engine misfire, it was quickly replaced with a newer truck and parked in a driveway where it sat for over two years.

It wasn't in great shape when I went to go see it, but a jump start had it up and running almost immediately. I was able to drive it home on the freeway with no major issues, and I've since spent a few days a week wrenching on it in the driveway. 
Having previously owned a first-generation Infiniti G35 back in the states, I'd always consulted forums like these to learn how to perform all maintenance, repairs, and upgrades myself. And it's definitely nice to be back in the Nissan family with such a helpful resource as this one.

So far the list of fixes includes an oil change, new battery, new rear quarter window, new spark plugs, new fuel filter, new key, new stereo, rear spare tire latch repair, and some surface rust removal/repainting. A new set of fuel injectors is currently on the way from Australia – I'm thinking I might as well replace a few gaskets while I have the intake manifold out. Will be consulting the 94 FSM that's floating around.

Let me know if you have any tips!

Thanks all

-Sean

:welcome:

If it's got body rot, check the frame carefully above the rear axle (easiest if you take the wheels off). They do tend to rust back there, unfortunately. Also add a timing belt to your list of preventative maintenance unless you know it was was done recently.

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

:welcome:

If it's got body rot, check the frame carefully above the rear axle (easiest if you take the wheels off). They do tend to rust back there, unfortunately. Also add a timing belt to your list of preventative maintenance unless you know it was was done recently.

Nice, thanks for the tips! I witnessed some horrific rust in the rear axle area of a PF while watching a 4-wheeling youtube channel (body joined to frame with bike U-lock!), so I made sure to inspect the entire frame on mine before purchasing – there is some surface rust on the top of the frame rails in certain points, but all other steel appears to be clean and shiny under the layer of black undercoating that still covers the majority of the frame.

And regarding the timing belt – I just heard from the previous owner there was a timing chain conversion. Hopefully that's good for a while, but I'll definitely be inspecting it when I get the chance. Also, it looks like the other drive belts are showing their age and should be replaced soon.

Since the attachment in my first post doesn't seem to be displaying, here's an embedded photo of the truck in question :)

Cheers

5Trc3K1.jpg

Good looking truck! I've never heard of a timing chain conversion, that's a new one. Good to hear about the frame. Start a new thread if you get some pictures of what's going on with the timing, if they did actually convert it to a chain I'd be interested to see how they made it work.

Hello there. I have a 98 Infiniti qx4. I’ve had it about a year now,  and now plan to start a overland build with it. It’s been a great little vehicle. But now I think it’s time to step it up a notch.

Hey!

I just picked up a 2002 black r50, my very first vehicle and I have been overjoyed every time I go to drive her.

At the moment I'm installing some new speakers and head unit but next up is to black out the rims for some new tires and a bit of a lift I think.

hnyzIgw.png

Hi from Sweden....previously served as a fishing expedition vehicle......Having previously owned a first-generation Infiniti G35 back in the states....

Welcome Sean! Good looking truck. I love those LEGO wheels & I can’t tell if that’s a corporate paint job but it looks good. I don’t think I’ve seen a Scandinavian on here so you’ll be an interesting geographic add to boot. I’m a G37 owner btw.

Hi from Sweden, 

This will be my first post on here but at least my 100th time visiting – I just picked up a German import 1994 Terrano V6 4WD AT a few weeks back for roughly $350 USD, and I'm hooked.

Charcoal grey metallic with grey leather interior, in decent shape aside from some serious body rust and a bad fuel injector, this thing previously served as a fishing expedition vehicle, traveling all over Europe with a 20-foot boat in tow. After it developed an engine misfire, it was quickly replaced with a newer truck and parked in a driveway where it sat for over two years.

It wasn't in great shape when I went to go see it, but a jump start had it up and running almost immediately. I was able to drive it home on the freeway with no major issues, and I've since spent a few days a week wrenching on it in the driveway. 

Having previously owned a first-generation Infiniti G35 back in the states, I'd always consulted forums like these to learn how to perform all maintenance, repairs, and upgrades myself. And it's definitely nice to be back in the Nissan family with such a helpful resource as this one.

So far the list of fixes includes an oil change, new battery, new rear quarter window, new spark plugs, new fuel filter, new key, new stereo, rear spare tire latch repair, and some surface rust removal/repainting. A new set of fuel injectors is currently on the way from Australia – I'm thinking I might as well replace a few gaskets while I have the intake manifold out. Will be consulting the 94 FSM that's floating around.

Let me know if you have any tips!

Thanks all

-Sean

Welcome! I have been considering exporting my r50 to Germany but still have to figure out all regulations to be able to pass TÜV inspection. I may also have to pick up a Terrano or Patrol. Did you find it on autoscout24?

Sent from my Pathfinder

On 5/22/2020 at 5:56 AM, R50JR said:

Welcome! I have been considering exporting my r50 to Germany but still have to figure out all regulations to be able to pass TÜV inspection. I may also have to pick up a Terrano or Patrol. Did you find it on autoscout24?

Sent from my Pathfinder

Thanks! No, never heard of it – what I meant is that this is originally a German-market Nissan Terrano. A quick search is showing that the truck was imported to Sweden and registered here in 2006 by the original owner.

And RainGoat – thank you as well. Big fan of the lego wheels myself. But those graphics had to go – there was a full sponsored decal package on the sides and rear featuring a couple fishing brands and a team name, plus a giant, angry-looking fish on the hood above "HELL'S ANGLERS" in 10-inch letters. The misfire's gone now as well – I'll have to start a thread soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my first Pathfinder and I'm SO stoked!!

She's a 1992 SE-V6 with 229,000km. Paid $900 CAD in Vancouver, BC.

All the power windows work great, A/C blows ice cold, even has the adjustable shocks and they work awesome!

Fixing a few things, thanks to tons of GREAT info from this site! (I'll obviously post any dope mods I come up with as they manifest.)

She has a weird wobble that I'm trying to fix.. Been off-roading and camping constantly since I bought it so all I've really done is order parts.

My theory is that there was a mild front-end collision and it messed up the alignment, which, over time, wore the tires down so much that they

cause an insane wobble at 30-40km/h and at 80-90km/h.

I looked underneath and the only thing that looks bad is bushings.

I'm about to start with:

- new (used) sway-bar, link and bushings

-new (used) tires, balance and alignment

See if that fixes the issue..

If so, then move on to Timing Belt, Water Pump and Thermostat.

IMG_3031.JPG

• Like 1

Looks clean! Check your strut rods (from the back of the lower control arms to the frame), they can snap off where they go through the frame after years of grinding on the frame after the bushings give up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. New member. Just wanted to give many thanks for all the future help i will receive looking at all the posts on here and hope everyone is safe and well!

• 2 weeks later...

What's going on pathy people?!!! Long time reader, first time joiner.  Nothing like a most likely blown transfer case...or something or other... to make you finally join a site in hope of using the search function.  

The Horde(2001 pathfinder LE) and I have been together a couple or years now.  Previous owner gave it some suspension upgrades installed a lift kit and removed the lift kit. I'm tossing around the idea of reinstalling said kit but don't really have the need for it.  Might just do it for the experience.  I've never owned a lifted vehicle.  We've enjoyed what minor offroad driving that's been accomplished and do crave a bit more adventure purely for the end feeling of having come out of it.  Not sure I like the initial feeling of not knowing what if anything will break.  It's new territory for me.  

I've been a shade tree mechanic most of my life, bit of an upgrade when I bought a house that came with garage...lol.  Recently replaced the starter clutch on my vstar 1100 and before that the "turkey pan" gasket on my '62 buick Special.  

The only upgrade I've given The Horde thus far are manual hubs.  Not sure where we're headed with future upgrades.  

At this point I need to dig into transfer case info as we were out on a logging road when the 4wd hi would not engage, the engine would rev but wouldn't go anywhere. After that it started spewing, no, gushing fluid, kinda like it's throat got slit if you can recall movies where that's been depicted....with the gurgling at the end?  Fluid color?  Not red, not brown.  More of a pinkish color.  She was quite warm and 2wd would not engage.  We both cooled off a bit, kicked it into 2wd and got off the mountain.  Ended up driving home...thus my thought that it's the transfer case that gave up the ghost.  She drives "fine" in 2wd, no lights came on and I was able to make it home for the forthcoming inspection.  Speaking of which, I'm gonna go do that now.  Ya'll feel free to chime in.  I'm going to hit this attach button below and attach something.  Or not...size limits.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been scouring this forum for the last two years since I got my 95 Pathy XE 5 Speed 4x4, I know, I know it's a WD21 not an R50 (btw the glass hinges are the same part woohoo!!). My main goal is to get the thing lifted and maybe get rid of the torsion suspension. I've seen some builds but they take some serious modification, so maybe longer torsion bars and lower control arms? Idk. My bars are currently all the way up, and I can't seem to find anything for it. Currently dealing with the stereo headache that is the Clarion 8 channel system. She's been thru 32" of water dumping in thru the door panels, and she's been to Moab (it was back when my brother in law owned it, but I've seen some sweet pictures of it out there. She's currently the daily as I'm doing a total engine rebuild on my grocery getter (91 Mazda Protégé, but that's for a different forum lol) will be doing lots more digging here on NPORA. Gotta go bumper 2 bumper to get this ol girl up to speed. 

FC1A8BA9-B062-470E-AB71-A4C3FEDE81C8.jpeg

E59CDF69-4ED3-49DA-89E5-5BE1E9E4B856.jpeg

Just picked up a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4 wheel drive today. 228k miles. Needs work(a lot), suspension needs, well everything, has new struts up front, but that is all that has ever been done, and missing rear sway bar. Spring lift shocks, struts manual hubs and trailing arm bushings were original plans, but now probably a lot more.

Fuel injectors leak when parked, oil leak on the drivers bank head. Brakes are soft, but grab when pumped and don't drop, fluid is black, so a bleed is in order. That is what I found so far, after looking at it for less than an hour. Engine is strong, transmission shifts great and all of the four wheel drive modes work.

Body is bruised and battered, but she will be a trail rig, so that's irrelevant.Screenshot_20200719-132605_Outlook_copy_397x296.jpg.01e2a4bf1dff216745230c4bcbb19c9f.jpg

Thank you for letting me join, hope to get a lot of information on my pathfinder and tips as to where to buy accessories for it. As for me im in the army national guard in Puerto Rico. I spen some time on my 1998 pathfinder trying to find the front off road gaurd and the roof rack any information is truly greatly appreciated!!!

What's up everyone.

I'm a Kiwi living in Ontario, Canada and I just got my first car after living here for three and a half years. I couldn't go for anything other than a Pathfinder as we had a 1991 Terrano when I was a kid and I always loved it. So I bought myself a 2002 Pathfinder Chilkoot with 212,000km on it that has been looked after so well by the previous owner (I'm the third). I love this car so much. There is a little bit of frame rust as it's a Southern Ontario vehicle but it's so little for it's age.

I built a bed in the back of it for camping in and threw in a lot of stuff so I can basically live and fish out of the back of it. I'll take some more photos when I get the chance and upload them.

The only issues this guy has right now is the EVAP system has a leak, the fan belt squeals a little when I start it and it has an A/C leak which I'm in the middle of trying to fix.

115909232_295020058412076_23117162550700

• Like 1

Hello from Vancouver Island. I just bought an 1997 Infiniti QX4 with 300000km on it ?. Its a very nice ride and we like it very much with my wife. it's not in its best shape but i have big plans on making it very capable... I had a tranny code on it that i fixed, P0740, TCC Code. It was the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid that needed replacing. Got an ABS light on too but am not too worried about it. Not sure how many owners had it but my plan is to give this thing a new life! Lots of fun ahead and very happy to have found this forum! Take care everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I'm the new caretaker of a 2003 Pathfinder Chilkoot.  I've been wanting to go down this road for several years and had to wait until the time was right.  I 'm not sure if there are any other R50 owners registered here that live in my region so I will surely rely on the forums for any help I can get.  Thank you for making this site available to new off-roaders.  :)  

Norrie

Greetings and thanks for the add. I'm PAPAJOHNSON777, haling from Western Kentucky. I recently picked up my 3rd Pathfinder and I've decided this time I want greater than factory off-road capabilities. In my neck of the woods we have a wide range of trails to play on, but she's going to need some upgrades to play hard. Looking forward to learning, sharing, and making new friends along the way. 

If anybody can share or point me in the direction of a dealer shop manual PDF for 2008 and 2012 I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Hey guys , newbie here , I'm on my second pathy , first a 99 and now a 2000 . Shes only a two wheel drive but I painted flames on her and raised her an inch with bigger tires and now put 31 BFG KOs on her so I just ordered the 2.5 lift kit and tools to take the body up off the tires...LOL , I paid for good package on photobucket and uploaded images but still cant seem to get them here , I am over 50 so some of this tech stuff escapes me ??

Hi all! New owner of a 2001 SE 4WD Black with grey trim, tan cloth interior, all stock with 142k miles. We are in NJ. It’s my first Pathfinder but have owned Nissans in the past (86&98 maxima) and  currently 05 G35 and 15 Q50. I used to be a dsm guy back in the day (hence the screen name) into turbo Mitsubishi’s. Had bunch of GVR4s and 1g Talons. I’m a newbie to the R50 though. Plans are to complete maintenance, new wheels/tires, possibly a 1.5-2” lift, hub, try to locate spare tire rear carrier, interior detail, driver side front black door, audio upgrade. 

Hello, fellas and fellettes. My name is David and this is my first post to the NPORA forums. I have a 2000 Pathfinder SE w/ the 4wd option. Have had her since i was 17 (now 22) and she’s been a joy but is still bone stock. After selling my nitrous 04’ G35 coupe I’ve focused my attention towards modding the Pathy now. I’ve used the NPORA forums for a lot of info and realized I never joined, so here I am. Pleasure to chat with you all.

915A05D6-7D92-4A7A-964F-4FECB7162BB4.jpeg