Welcome New Members !

Precise1

I'd think if the alt. wasn't working right your battery would have been dead and frozen. Maybe bad ground or connection somewhere? I'm sure someone on here will have a better opinion. If the snow stays till June at least we won't have to mow the lawn for a while.

Just bought a Pathfinder, it's a 1994 I think its an xe, and I already totally dig this thing, I need to do some suspension work though, it needs an alignment pretty bad, but I think its great! I also want to thank everyone on this forum for having a forum to go to with my issues...

Hi there guys,

I've owned my Pathfinder for three and a half years now, but there a few little nagging things I'd finally like to sort out, so I figured this would be a great resource.

Her name is Penny, and she's a 1999 (pre-facelift) Chilkoot model. 5 speed.
Love her to pieces but she has her quirks. I guess I put up with them because she drives just like a car, and gets reasonable mileage for what it is (my longterm average is 18 US mpg)... I'm in university, so anything less would be deadly to my wallet... So that's my story... I look forward to hearing from everyone else :)

Hello all. I'm Dennis, a Texan, misplaced in the Arctic armpit that is North Dakota (jk ND folks). I recently bought a 1988 Pathy. 136,000 miles 3.0 AT 4X4. She's my first, but can guarantee she will NOT be my last/only. Now off to get help in the garage.

Ps new to forum of any kind so I hope I post this right!?!

Hello and welcome Dennis! If you have a Pathfinder you've come to the right place. If you need help just ask, there's a good chance someone can help you.

I recently bought a 2002 LE 4x4 with 167000 mi. Although I live in Atlanta, Ga., I have family with property that will be easier to get to with 4wd. And, after this past winter, a 4x4 doesn't sound so crazy in the south anymore.

The day after I bought the truck, I replaced an upper control arm, and will probably replace the other since I'm still getting a little of the rear end shuffle. The bushings on the first one were completely shot. I paid 80.00 for the part at Advanced Auto.

I'm excited to be on the forum and look forward to talking with everyone.

Hi Tony...glad to have you here. A 4x4 doesn't sound crazy anywhere.

Thanks, I bought the truck for my daughters first "car", but I will be using it also. I grew up in New England, and have had other 4x4's.My '02 is completely stock and I will probably keep it that way. It needs new tires, some control arms, maybe shocks. I just want it to be a safe daily driver for my daughter.

I just filled the tank and will be checking fuel milage. I knew going in it wouldn't be great. I have already found some good advice on here, if I see the mileage is off. I'll try and post some pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats Up whats up peeps, im from new zealand and my first car is a 1994 nissan pathfinder, its a turbo diesel but i dont know what model it is. Ive got a few problems with it but thats part of the fun with having a car ae ;). The problem im working on now though is that there is alot of oil coing out of the seal between the oil pan, the guy i bought it off said that it was just a new gasket to fix it so ive undone all the bolts holding it on. i noticed this little tube coming down into the hop of the sump from the engine and ive tryed taking it off but its so stuck i have no clue how to remove it. also what is it haha :) cheers

Hey everyone,

New member here. Recently inherited my dad's '91 SE, it's been sitting for over a year now, and I've been working on it (off and on) for 2 years. Glad to join the forum!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new member, I own Pathfinder 2004, I have problem with my A/C, it run and stop after 1 or 2 minutes, cold air for the same time and come back hot, I refill with red tek stuf but it's the same, I search for sensor but I didn't see. Can you help me?

Sorry for my English write, I am Canadian French LOL

Thank you

Michel

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm Chris. I just bought a 2002 Pathy last week, my first Pathy ever. So far it's one of the best trucks I have owned in regards to comfort, driveability, and looks. I have had XJ Jeeps, right now my work truck is an 08 Grand Cherokee, meh...... :/ , a Tacoma, Blazer(junk), Bronco II, Ranger, Dakota... Yeah I have had em all. This one has 79K miles, one owner, mint condition... It was in a time capsule. Looking for a long term friendship with my Pathy, so far it's amazing. This 5-speed is the easiest I have ever driven of any car I had... Glad I decided to buy it. These pics are from the day I test drove it, and picked it up the next day. New pics will be added as I go.

The day I bought it...

2002P2.jpg

2002P1.jpg

Morning - I am a Newbie! Thought I was fairly computer literate, but - I have to admit, your site has given me problems for the past several days. I still do not know if I am doing this right, or if I am on the correct page for introducing myself. But - here I go!

I have a 1994 Pathfinder with nearly 200k miles on it. love the little guy, but, in reality, I'm not in the financial position to purchase another SUV, so, I toy and fix what I can, when i can. I am not an off roader, like many of you, but - do use my Pathfinder to get around town and play and work on my property. The four x four is my best solution to muddy roads and heavy loads going up the mountains.

my Pathfinder is stock. No modifications, no special equipment, no nothing! As far as I know it is still stock, including all the aging parts. I read a post about common problems, and the mention of the broken exhaust studs rings a bell with me - since I too, know that I have this problem with broken studs, hearing the tappets noise and the warming up solution. i'd like to explore this remedy some time further down the road on your forum.

Right now, i'm an older guy, no special talents, no special skills, and rather conservation in my adventures. Hoping your forum, your skills and related Pathfinder problems can help me fix the problems I note in my SUV.

Chris

Hi all. I'm Chris. I just bought a 2002 Pathy last week, my first Pathy ever. So far it's one of the best trucks I have owned in regards to comfort, driveability, and looks. I have had XJ Jeeps, right now my work truck is an 08 Grand Cherokee, meh...... :/ , a Tacoma, Blazer(junk), Bronco II, Ranger, Dakota... Yeah I have had em all. This one has 79K miles, one owner, mint condition... It was in a time capsule. Looking for a long term friendship with my Pathy, so far it's amazing. This 5-speed is the easiest I have ever driven of any car I had... Glad I decided to buy it. These pics are from the day I test drove it, and picked it up the next day. New pics will be added as I go.

The day I bought it...

2002P2.jpg

2002P1.jpg

And this is after the last week since I bought it.

65bfae6c-78dd-4eda-8b46-0a88acc01f42.jpg

81780b1d-ed0e-47e9-9b4f-71f65ae2ecdc.jpg