Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hello Everyone.... Just purchased my first Nissan. It is a 2003 Pathfinder LE. Seems to be a very nice vehicle with only 145000 kilometers. It has a couple of small issues that I might need help with. One, the DRL module, I have some answers to already. Gas mileage is another bit of a concern so any tips there would be appreciated... thanks and "Hello" from canada

HELLO everybody...

I am new here, this is my first post. Nice to find somebody like you, I am living now in Barcelona (Spain), and nissan pathfinder (here in Europe is known as Terrano) is not very popular, only just a few....

Now I just got my resident visa, my family is in the USA and I will go next month, or february, to live there¡¡¡¡ finally¡¡¡¡ I am so happy,,,

But, something sure, if I go, I go with my nissan¡¡¡ I will never let it down¡¡¡ no matter how old is (model 1992 WD21 turbodiésel), no matter how many milles or kms... not without my nissan¡¡¡

hahahhhh

so I think would be nice to be a member of your association, I think I will have to adapt a few things and you can help me to bring the car with me from Barcelona to the USA.

I will post a foto of the car so you can see...

Hello Everyone!

I purchased my 2006 Pathfinder SE Off Road in July 2012 after sacrificing a 2008 Toyota Camry to a deer at 80mph on the interstate. At the time of purchase, the vehicle had 75,000 miles on it and just a basic maintenance history. It was a previously leased vehicle. I am now at about 107,000 miles. I just joined yesterday after having a rather dramatic New Years Eve. While in the midst of an 8 hour drive home from visiting the in-laws with my wife and children, we stopped off at a fast food place to feed the kids. While navigating the drive-thru, we heard what sounded like an awful grinding sound or one similar to when you leave your e-brake on.

We pulled into nearby parking lot and I did some maneuvering to see what caused the noise or when it occurred. The long and short is that the noise continued and thankfully we were in a city that had a Nissan dealership and we got there right away. I went into the service center and plead my case to the Service Manager to see if they could give me a guess based on sound (as I didn't want to pay a hundred bucks to have it on a lift and find out it was a rock/ice in the wheel well), and got a "that's not good" upon hearing it. The Service Manager then went and got a mechanic who said the same thing.

The long and short is that it ended up being a bad wheel bearing and after everything was said and done, cost $675.00 (USD).

To date since I bought it, I've replaced the brakes (an eventual expectation), the drive shaft (surprised to have to do this), the belt tensioner (unexpected), and now the most recent - the left rear wheel bearing (oh crap), which now leads me to ask myself what's next.

After an lengthy internet search, I found that this site is the only one that answers my question (more/less) as to "common problems with a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder." I'd like to keep ahead of the game as this is primarily our family car (I take it out to the woods occasionally when I go hunting) and don't really want to have a car payment. However, if this vehicle is going to cost me this much on a regular basis going forward, then I might as well buy a new car (ugghhhhh!).

So again, this is why I'm here. I'm on a quest to see what are some common problems with this and hopefully avoid further "surprises." I can somewhat do my own repairs (if not too complicated) and have some friends that are way better than me with this type of stuff.

While I'm at it,...I saw the a post on the thermostat and heating and need some clarification. When idling (i.e. warming up in winter) should the vehicle blow the warm air when the engine is warm (don't mean to sound stupid here)? Mine will warm up, but not blow the warm air until you start moving or increase the rpm. If I get the warm air flowing and then put it on recirculate, it's ok. I plan to check out the heating system later today, but wasn't sure if this is common or not. I have seen this with Chevy Tahoes as well. With regards to my pathfinder, I looked into the recall when we bought it and was told that I wasn't affected. I just figured I'd try to begin here.

Anyway, happy new year and best wishes!

Edited by Flanker7

Hi ALL ,

i´m a new one from Germany ...... my Name is Boris ,43 years old and my english is not so good to understand or tell you all in the right way ...... i hope i can finde some help here....

i live nearly to Frankfurt/Main at small River and i like to go fishing to Catfishes (european Catfish) and i got dogs (2 Bullterrier).

my work is in ambulancecar (little bit like a paramedic)....... and i got before some years a nice Terrano 1 (Pathy WD21) with 2,7 TD engine .

now i drive as dayly car my Opel Frontera B 2,2 Dti (2003) in USA it is same as a Isuzu Rodeo.

But now i can buy me here in my area a 1990er Terrano1 (2door) with the VG30E. (some rusty , must rebuilt it ).

The Terrano1 are very very rar here in Germany , most killed from the rust or inside the exportman to poland, russia , Ukraine etc....

I want to buy this Terry 1 and make them completly new . Technik is good 200tkm at hour and engine is good also gearbox (tranny ?) is okay i testet it today.

Costs for the Terry is 800 Euro. Maybe little bit less.

in my home i get an Engine fom the Z31 (VG30ET) but no ECU and no electric Cable tree....

I hope to canstart to make a Swap inside it with the VG30ET.

So is there anybody here hoe can told me /help me , which parts i need again from the Z31 ore if it works with the Cables electric from the Terrano/Pathy VG30E ?

and ECU too ? or i need all Electrics for Engine complete from the Z31 ?

can you give me Adds, Webs etc. from People hoe do this swap an i can ask them for which work is to doe ???

thanx a lot of all and a happy new year i wish for ALL....

Boris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just found this sight.. I guess From your perspective its finally... Anyway, I also have On Fb The page Called club nissan Pathfinder all are welcome, aswell I soon will post links to this site so we can all link up.. Theres no path trail or wether a pathfinder cant show you The way.. Have a great Day... Im In line waiting to get a bolt cut off my sway bar link..lol

That thing is mint, did you respray it? Also what camera were those taken with, those are some great shots :aok:.

Thanks Leo 94. No respray yet except the hood this sommer. A great polish work. I used a Nikon D90. Have a good rode with your Patthy. :)

Hi All,

I've been using this site for the past two months and searching the forums for all manner of technical information since purchasing a '95 Terrano auto wagon for rugby league (I'm a coach). This is my first 4WD vehicle that I have ever bought - always been a Nissan Skyline turbo driver and past club member - but unfortunately those cars can't carry sports gear like a Terrano!

I've finally registered and just wanted to say thanks to NPORA and all it's members for their contributions and knowledge sharing - it sure beats paying someone else to do the 'basics' if you're already handy with a tool box!

Cheers,

Graeme.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and wecome. If you go back to "New people start here" then go to "Start new topic" (rather than pinned topic) it will put you in a forum where more people will find you. Lots of info on this site and lots of people with facts, opinions and humour.

Hello members,

My name Is Crazy Lacy, I'm an Original Vans BMX Freestyle member from 1982,

I Just bought a 1991 2 x 4 Pathfinder 3.0 automatic a week ago for $845.00, exhaust leaks and all LOL, " NOT SURE WHAT MODEL IT IS" ? I've owned a 1980 Datsun King Cab since 1997. It's been good to me, I love Datsun / Nissan, This 1991 seems to need a lot done to it here and there. I hope it comes together for me and my wife of 27 years :)

Edited by Captain_Crazy

Hello members,

My name Is Crazy Lacy, I'm an Original Vans BMX Freestyle member from 1982,

I Just bought a 1991 2 x 4 Pathfinder 3.0 automatic a week ago for $845.00, exhaust leaks and all LOL, " NOT SURE WHAT MODEL IT IS" ? I've owned a 1980 Datsun King Cab since 1997. It's been good to me, I love Datsun / Nissan, This 1991 seems to need a lot done to it here and there. I hope it comes together for me and my wife of 27 years :)

I think you will like it once you get you get the bugs worked out. I too went from a 1984 Nissan KingCab 4x4 to a 4x4 pathfinder. I still miss the old truck sometimes, (best vehicle I've owned), but the Pathy is a good upgrade.

Welcome to NPORA. :aok:

B

I am glad to say that I am once again a Pathfinder owner!! :happy: After driving many miles to look at less than perfect Pathfinders, my son talked me into looking at the former MotoIQ Project Pathfinder (1993 SE) that was for sale when we were near Santa Monica, and it now proudly sits in my space at my condo complex! I will post pictures when I get a chance, this is my 3rd Pathfinder, so I guess the 3rd time is a charm!!!

Welcome guys, I just wanted to be the first before anyone beat me to it, Just so you know SOMEONE will ask for pics.

• 3 weeks later...

HI everyone, my name is Dennis, i am the proud owner of a beautiful 1999 Pathfinder LE 3.3l .. I recently Replaced the entire front suspension and all included steering components. This Pathfinder is the BOMB !!! only issue I am having is ...its -26C here and when I started my Pathfinder this a.m. my blower motor as well as the radio would not come on until i hit the throttle and was in motion...as soon as i let off the throttle everything shuts off ,and i hear a noise from under the drivers side dash sounds like a weak sensor or buzzer , the airbag warning light was flickering while i heard the noise.....could this just be the alternator ????

Welcome Dennis. How is your battery, was the truck turning over normaly? -26C ah nothing like spring in Ontario!

Edited by kdj