Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Welcome, and congrats on your 'new' Pathy/Terrano. :aok:

I don't know what tires are available down there but I'd probably go with some mild ATs like the Yokohama AT-S that have great road manners, but even the Goodyear M&S HT are a decent option. There are several long tire threads here, so I recommend you take a look at them. Too much info to repeat... ;)

Are you sure about that tire size? That seems quite small and I've only ever seen 1 R50 with 235/75/15 tires (29"). Our 1999.0 R50 has 265/70/15 stock...

B

Cheers,

I've had a wee bit of a nosey around here but I thought I'd wait until I actually had keys in hand before I start going gung-ho with questions. Great forum by the way.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am Steve.

My wife owns a 96 PF LE that she purchaced new. This vehicle is approaching 200K and requires worn suspension related parts to be replaced. Since the engine and transmission are solid, it is worth the well mechanical attention for a potential vehicle our kids can drive.

Hello. Some of you may know or know of me. I have had my poor old Jezzy(1993 Pathy SE) for almost 14 years now. I used to be online a lot, but in the last few months, just have not had much time.

I will be happy to share what I can, just give me some time to get back.

Welcome to NPORA :aok:

I have a feeling there are going to be a number of people who know of you. ;)

So I am going t split this one off and into it's own topic. :beer:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/36604-mr-reverse/

Edited by RedPath88
Link Added

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have an 1987 pathfinder xe-v6 with 33" tires looking forward to getting some advise and seeing how I can further mod my pathfinder or get advise on what a problem could be that I don't quite understand and maybe help some others along the way I love my pathfinder to death its nothing pretty but its not to beat up either, me and some of my buddies go out wheeling nothing overly serous but a place to go play around have a good time sling alittle mud around, Again im really excited about being here and hope you see me as a good fit for your "Family"1378113_714679315226282_342570254_n.jpg

(Photo was taking at my High Schools Auto lab where I spend most of my days if I don't have Firefighting)

• Like 1

hello everyone im new to the forum and must say there is such a plethora of key information here it is great .I will enjoy my time here.I can tell already.Keep up the great sense of community :laugh:

Hello everyone!

I'm Joe! I loved the look of the R50 Pathfinder for a long time. When it came time to buy a new vehicle I decided to get one. Found a 2002 with 30K miles back in 2010. I've always wanted to take it off-road but never knew what that actually meant. Had the chance this summer and fell in love. I was very sad to find out that lifting these things was not easy. I started reading this forum around June of 2013 and in August I made my purchases. About a week's worth of wrenching (never worked on a car a day in my life) and she's sitting 8" higher (I think that's due to the sag beforehand and it hasn't settled yet). Just wanted to share my story on here as a thank you to all the great advice I've recieved!

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Pathy Nation!

I'm on a few other Nissan/Pathfinder forums and decided to join this awesome one as well!

I have a 2011 Black R51 4x4 with a full set of Skid Row skid plates, 33" AT's and a 2" suspension lift.

My goal is to take it to GoneMoab 2015, and I've got a few more mods to go! :happy:

Tony

732h04.jpg

2hf7t4z.jpg

11tvp0x.jpg

eg5xch.jpg

• Like 2

Bought my 2001 SE earlier this year. I'm slowly fixing the repairs she's needed since before I got her. I'm new to all of this pretty much. She is my daily driver, and I'm learning everything from scratch, but I'm not the giving up kind. After taking her for our first family vacation, my oldest son said we should name her Lara (aka Lara Croft) and it's stuck. I will post what I'm doing to her, once I get her to where she should have been to start with. ;)

Ciao to all members,

I'm a proud owner of a Patty '93 VG30E, 3.0V6, 3doors with sport package. Before this I had a 2.4 engine always 3doors. I can not get away from it.

Even today the shape is simple unique with sense of beauty and agressivity. No electronic giungle of sofware that controls your ride, just simple and real. little remark: No ohter modern suv have is such confortable and spaciuos on the back seats.

Reached 251'000 km and had no big issues

The engine runs always fine. In the time i changed the well know problem with manifold gasket and all service have been done. The big problem I had was RUST. Wheel arc fender hidden by the plastic fender flares, Back frame section and panel under back seats. I will charge some pics asap as it was a disaster. After deep abrasive cleaning the frame was like a Swiss hole cheese (ementaler).

Despite this I follow my heart and recently finished the huge work of restauration. Now the rust should be away for at least the next 20 years, I hope.

The mine is Dark Green Metalic and here in Swizerland is quite rare, as mostly were grey/black/blue/white. I guess also that today the care isteslf is very rare.

Today I've done a deep cleaning in order to prepary my Patty for the Swiss winter and here are some pics for you.

Have a nice day amd see you soon on Mpora. :) Patrick

1456798_10151881867194753_349062754_n.jp

1422593_10151881866889753_342154079_n.jp

1458564_10151881867244753_1228908504_n.j

1461015_10151881867434753_1919549432_n.j

1454783_10151881867149753_1790764323_n.j

• Like 3

Hi guy's. I just picked up a 95 LE for $700.00. I actually bought it from a guy who had it in a pawn shop and couldn't test drive it so I didn't really know what I was getting. It had some front end damage but I really just bought it to pull my boat. I have built several trucks over the years and wasn't too worried about it. So after getting it home and cutting the front bumper off and straightening the fenders a little we headed for the woods for a light shake down run. Here's what I got for $700.00. Everything works! I got lucky this time. It's a little loose on the road [ feels like tie rods]. I didn't get into anything heavy but it pulls well and rides well on the trail. So it begins again. I'm putting on the rack today to fix the loose issue and will be fabbing new bumpers this weekend. ordering a 3" body lift tomorrow. I have a habit of going overboard on my trucks but I'll try to control myself this time. I'll post pics as I go and I'm always open for suggestions. Thanks

Edited by reelserenity

That thing is mint, did you respray it? Also what camera were those taken with, those are some great shots :aok:.

Ciao to all members,

I'm a proud owner of a Patty '93 VG30E, 3.0V6, 3doors with sport package. Before this I had a 2.4 engine always 3doors. I can not get away from it.

Even today the shape is simple unique with sense of beauty and agressivity. No electronic giungle of sofware that controls your ride, just simple and real. little remark: No ohter modern suv have is such confortable and spaciuos on the back seats.

Reached 251'000 km and had no big issues

The engine runs always fine. In the time i changed the well know problem with manifold gasket and all service have been done. The big problem I had was RUST. Wheel arc fender hidden by the plastic fender flares, Back frame section and panel under back seats. I will charge some pics asap as it was a disaster. After deep abrasive cleaning the frame was like a Swiss hole cheese (ementaler).

Despite this I follow my heart and recently finished the huge work of restauration. Now the rust should be away for at least the next 20 years, I hope.

The mine is Dark Green Metalic and here in Swizerland is quite rare, as mostly were grey/black/blue/white. I guess also that today the care isteslf is very rare.

Today I've done a deep cleaning in order to prepary my Patty for the Swiss winter and here are some pics for you.

Have a nice day amd see you soon on Mpora. :) Patrick

1456798_10151881867194753_349062754_n.jp

1422593_10151881866889753_342154079_n.jp

1458564_10151881867244753_1228908504_n.j

1461015_10151881867434753_1919549432_n.j

1454783_10151881867149753_1790764323_n.j

Your Terrano looks immaculate! How recent are those pictures? Oh, and welcome to NPORA. :aok:

Hi thanks, I've taken the pics this last sunday 24/11. I forgett how big it is to clean and polish. :)

• Like 1

Hello everybody, I`m new in here to learn about this passion, because I purchased a 2004 Pathfinder 3.5 SE manual transmission, It´s my first NISSAN, I used to ride a Chevy Blazer S10 and the difference is far beyond from what I was specting.

Edited by luis136

Hi everyone, Newbie WD 21 Pathfinder owner here, not new to 4wdriving. Looking forward to some reading on here and hopefully contributing back to the forums.

My Other vehicle is a 2012 Landcruiser Prado.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

New member in Utah. Purchased a 1997 Pathfinder with 250,000 miles on it 2 months ago. Looking forward utilizing the expertise and experience of the membership to maintain my "new" truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.

I'm a US Citizen that has been living in Honduras (Central America) for a few years. I work with an NGO dedicated to community development work in the rural areas here. As a result, I live in a semi-remote location and need 4-wheel drive anytime it gets any wet (which is all the time in my particular area). I just recently sold an old Suzuki Samurai, which was a champ for getting in and out of the house. I will sorely miss it. However, the time had come for a bigger vehicle, and I decided on a first-gen Pathfinder since they're easy for parts here and are generally known to be pretty tough. In the past I've owned a 1992 Cherokee with 3" suspension, the Samurai, and a 1998 Frontier (not all in Honduras, but still off-roaded them some). So, this time around, I've got a standard transmission 1991 Pathfinder with the TD 27 (2.7L) turbo diesel. It's high mileage, so I expect turbo issues, but these first couple weeks have proven great. Overall very pleased with it.

Since I will be using it heavily, I'll be maintaining it well and probably modifying a little bit. One immediate question, what is the easiest way to mount a roof rack on these things? I'll be hauling larger materials (pipes, etc) and will need to bolt something on. I can custom weld one, but the lack of rain rails makes mounting look interesting. Any advice? Also,any common suspension issues I should be watching for? Again, we'll be flexing this somewhat on a daily basis, nothing extreme, but every now and then necessity will dictate I push stock to the test. Any additional height tricks on stock suspension will be welcomed as well (outside of the torsion bar adjustment which I'll be applying within tolerance).

Thanks in advance for the support. It can be a little interesting owning older vehicles here, especially using them hard, so I appreciate the help from the experts here.

Thanks again!