Welcome New Members !

Precise1

Hey All!

I'm a newbie here and I am basically doing this to get the best advice on my Pathfinder anywhere. I have a Black '95 Nissan Pathfinder SE that my partner and I bought for a move to the Portland, Oregon area--As I drove this vehicle I grew attached to it given that it was transporting us safely to our new home in Vancouver, Wa.

After that there was no getting rid of it.

I am in the process of repairing and restoring "Mason" to his former glory--(yea I named him) and am very committed to making sure that I get the best information that I can get from enthusiasts that really know my vehicle--ergo, my reason for joining these hallowed forums in the first place.

I would dig off-roading but have to outfit my rig first and am looking for any tips and advice on how best to do that.

Thanks in advance for all your comments and help in advance...

Tyrone

Hello Tyrone, welcome to NPORA! I like your login, the first think that breezed through my vacant cranium was Thelonious Monk, same sort of ring to it, eh?

Anyway, I'm not sure what you are doing or need help with, and honestly, this isn't the best place to address these things. I recommend you download a FSM from the pinned thread in the Garage section, breeze through the How To section in the Garage and check out the 90-95 Pathfinder section as well. Try playing with the search function (go straight to advanced and use modifiers) to look up specific things and start a thread when you get stuck. If it is Pathfinder, it is here or someone knows about it. :aok:

First tho, wanna address precise1......I'm OG Precise1 since '84! Haha. Anyhoo....hope to pick ur brain someday soon with my build. Still a newb...but old skool in respect, values, and hard work. But u guys n here are doing some great work! Maybe I can learn some new tricks. Happy wrenchn!

Well, I've only been Precise1 for about 20 years, but some will tell you it is more like since 20BC. :tongue:

Sure, I'd be glad to help any way I can, but I am not remotely the most experienced or knowledgeable member. As I said above, poke around and see what you can scare up in the way of searches, and the Member's Rides section is great for getting some ideas as well. There are a lot of great rigs, but be sure to checkout Colbywan's ZAV! :D

B

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm relatively new to NPORA. I have a 2001 SE 4WD, manually tranny with 175,000 miles. Still mostly stock except for Warn manual hubs and a K&N air intake. It's my daily driver, and fun weekend rig. I plan to add the OME lift and 245/75/16 tires in the near future. I'll post a picture when I figure out how to upload pictures to this forum.

Wanted to add some more to my post above.. (could not edit?)

Hi.. New here.. So relieved to see there is a place to find info on Paths! Thanks!!

My 94 4x4 LE Pathfinder 180K miles was passed on to me when I refused to let my mother sell it.. LOL Got it for a song.. It needs some work.. I plan on a full restore with obvious upgrades and mods to meet a mildly aggressive off-road appetite. I fell in love with the Pathfinder when Enterprise car rentals used to rent them.. I used to rent one for the weekend with the GF and go to Sedona AZ and see how far I could get following the Pink Jeep Tours. They have huge suspension modded CJ's with I'll call it stadium style seating so all in back have a good view.. Pretty crazy looking but they stay busy.. Anyway I went everywhere they did and even on the High center obstacles I could cheat through.. This was on a stock model from a rental company.. I knew mom had one and dreamed of the day she would upgrade so I could have at it!!

So here I am with a Path that has been treated well except for a couple relatively new bumps and bangs from a side swipe accident(Guy in a classic Benz hit me). Hope at some point I can help as much as I foresee being helped here!

Thanks!

Hi. New person here. Bought a stock 04 Chinook last year. Going to put a lift and tires on it next year. I will upload a pic of my untouched Pathfinder soon. Otherwise I'll be "lurking" around reading your posts. Lol.

The forums have been very interesting and helpful so far. Thanks

Hi. New person here. Bought a stock 04 Chinook last year. Going to put a lift and tires on it next year. I will upload a pic of my untouched Pathfinder soon. Otherwise I'll be "lurking" around reading your posts. Lol.

The forums have been very interesting and helpful so far. Thanks

That is how most of us started. Welcome to NPORA mang!

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and must say, there is such a plethora of key information here it is great. I will enjoy my time here, I can tell already.

Keep up the great sense of community!!

-Z

Just wanted to say, thank you for the website. Love my Pathfinder, it is getting up there in age and mileage and I am looking for fellow owners who know more about the truck than I do, what reasonable repair costs look like, etc, etc. As I gain more information, I'll be glad to contribute. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and must say, there is such a plethora of key information here it is great. I will enjoy my time here, I can tell already.

Keep up the great sense of community!!

-Z

Just wanted to say, thank you for the website. Love my Pathfinder, it is getting up there in age and mileage and I am looking for fellow owners who know more about the truck than I do, what reasonable repair costs look like, etc, etc. As I gain more information, I'll be glad to contribute. Thanks again!

Thanks for the compliments. Each and every one of us has chosen to sign up for the vast knowledge and communal support for our beloved Pathy's. Welcome to our forum! :)

Sorry for the late response.

The only major repair I have paid for is setting the timing to pass smog...and I have 225k on the original engine ///knock on wood///.

If it's older, then the parts are usually cheaper. :)

Hey everybody! New to the forum (obviously) and am excited to attempt to retain all of this knowledge! I own a 02' Pathfinder SE with 156,XXX miles, most of them highway miles, that I drive daily. I bought the car from my mom who bought it used and am PUMPED to be driving it. Stock except for 2 12" woofers. I (initially) plan on lifting it slightly with some bigger tires and possibly a roof rack with some bumpers/brush guards once my college budget allows for it. Again, happy to be here and eager to learn!

Guest Mrs.Azzo

Well,you'll find that here for sure. :lol: Welcome to the Npora Family. :) The guys are great and very helpful,if u have questions ask and you'll get all the answers you need.And even some u wont. ;)

Edited by Mrs.Azzo

Hi Everyone,

Pathfinder R50 fanatics in Fiji in the South Pacific saying hi. Bought our first one new out of the showroom in 2002 (silver SE). Have bought two more, a black 2003 LE and we just acquired the last one ever sold in Fiji and registered in 2006 - a gold LE. No real mods yet. The gold one is LPG converted and runs on both Fuel and LPG - It was owned by the gas company here and was done beautifully. The LPG tank was made to look like a spare tyre - will post pics of that as soon as i can (haven't picked up car yet). The rego is GASMAN but sadly I don’t get the rego with the car.

We collect pathy's like M&M's in all the colours. We use them for daily drivers, towing boats, offroading. The black one has done 317,000 kms (almost none of it on smooth roads) and still drives and looks great. Love the forum and looking forward to sharing our experiences of owning them for over ten years. There is a mint brown SE (see pic) that we are chasing as well if we can persuade the owner to let it go…………………..

silver pathy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100136683@N03/10058336485/

black pathy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100136683@N03/10058345425/

Gold pathy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100136683@N03/10058297354/

Brown pathy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/100136683@N03/10058917065/

Edited by Fijipathy

Hiya,

Noob here. Just about to collect my first 4x4. 1997 R50 Terrano G3M-R, QD32 auto. Suspension has been replaced and she's a little higher than normal. 235/70R15 Mudstar MTs so it's a bit noisy. I want some quiet as it's going to be my daily commuter with the slightest gravel, grass, sand combo. I'd like to learn basic 4WD handling. I'm looking at all season HT tyres rather than ATs. Any suggestions?

Edited by avgeekboy

Welcome, and congrats on your 'new' Pathy/Terrano. :aok:

I don't know what tires are available down there but I'd probably go with some mild ATs like the Yokohama AT-S that have great road manners, but even the Goodyear M&S HT are a decent option. There are several long tire threads here, so I recommend you take a look at them. Too much info to repeat... ;)

Are you sure about that tire size? That seems quite small and I've only ever seen 1 R50 with 235/75/15 tires (29"). Our 1999.0 R50 has 265/70/15 stock...

B