Finally I have a Pathfinder!

Guest Loonatick_77

Guest Loonatick_77

Hey everyone after many years of lusting after a Pathfinder I finally got mine yesterday. It's a 1994 se and it's great! I plan on turning her into an even meaner off road machine, (hopefully you guys can help me out). But first there's a few problems, first the spedometer doesn't work but all the other gauges do,any ideas? Also the center console is loose and wobbling, know hot to tighten it?

I have a couple other dlemmas that I might be able to fix myself, and first order of business is replacing the stock cassette and speakers with a cd player and better speakers. But anyways, I'm at Ft. Lewis Washington and hope there's some people in the area that I can go off roading with, especially after I beef her up, this site has been really helpful as well,thanks Jim,

Matt

Congratulations on getting your rig. I don't know about the speedometer problem, but in my 95 I had to get an adapter to connect to the wiring harness. I hooked up a pioneer receiver with a 6 cd changer, the adapter was a $50 bucks.

I think there is quite a few people in the washington area that you'll be probably be able to hit the trails with.

Guest Loonatick_77

Hey thanks Eric , the head unit i bought is a pioneer too. I'm considering a cd changer as well. Are you using the stock amplifier with your pioneer? I need to do some research too cause the 5x7s I bought for the front door have cross overs, cross overs? As you can see I'm as clueless about car stereos as I am Pathfinders, anyways, thanks,

MAtt

Yes I am just running it through the stock amps. It gets pretty loud at full volume so I didn't need to get another amp. Plus when I traded the wifes car in I took that stereo out and put it in my Pathfinder. Some other people around hear have done this so maybe one of them can help out in that area.

hi there

for the speedo not working try pulling the gauge cluster out and see if the small white plastic link between the cable and the cluster is there and in the right spot.

once after i had pulled the cluster out for what ever reason when i put it back in the speedo didnt work. this little white link was the problem.

hope this helps. -study-

Guest Loonatick_77

thanks for the advice stevew1, I'll try that but i might not get to it for a month, Gotta go train for a month with out my pathy, and i just got it!