New moderator suggestions?

88pathoffroad

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, this is what you can expect from moi: (this is what i do on other boards i mod)

in the garage and model specific forums i would definitely try to point one in the direction of their answer... i enjoy "troubleshooting" if you can call that over the internet.

in the general: i'd just keep it clean and decent

overall, i am not big on irrelevant drivel in threads that discuss specific issues so those would probably have to go.. snip, snip..

i'd probably lock up expired threads..

i have volunteered long ago to take care of TOM but that never materialized (Mr. Jim got even busier.) i would really like to revive it.

of course i am on here a lot so you can expect my presence anytime.. :)

WAVEY

As said in previous posts, I think a moderators should be people that

have a fairly good knowledge of our rigs (all years) and knows where to find the info he is uncertain about.

Are on the forum often enough to know what's going on and new info on the forum.

Be able to recognise when people are laughing with other people and not laughing at other people.

Remember the important part is that people learn and are not affraid to ask. Some people are less knowledgable mechanically. We want to have fun, but not at other people's expense.

have a fairly good knowledge of our rigs (all years) and knows where to find the info he is uncertain about.

this is normally a tech area on boards i frequent. has nothing to do with moderating although i feel it to be good idea for model specific areas. i for one, don't really know squat about r50s and have been wrong more then helpful so i surely would let someone else do that room who is maybe an r50 owner.

I Nominate Vengeful For the R50 Forum.

&

I Nominate Filthy Luker for the Wd21 Forum.

I think both of these guys know there line of Rigs pretty well. They also have shown to be very respectful and can let people have an opinion.

And the biggest thing they don't have the know it all attitude.

The opinion thing is big I think they would not jump all over people but would let it go and just show facts to prove a point.

when are we gunna start a poll for this? hmmm?

*opens the envelope* and the nominees are:

Vengeful

Mzextreme

Pezzy

Filthy Luker

SC88

umm.. who else? sssh

edited due to K9 un-nominating himself per sc88 bringing that to my attention..

Edited by Slick

i wonder if they'd get all mad if i just started the poll? that way peeps can vote only so no one gets butt hurt if their buddy doesn't vote for rthem.. it would be anonymous voting.... :idea:

hmm.. good idea.. wonder if they got that email for all memebers thing figgered out yet so we can email the masses.... sssh

this'll be like electing a pope..... look for the white smoke!

priest-vi.gif

wonder if they got that email for all memebers thing figgered out yet

Thats an Admin function, so no, I'm sure it hasn't been done yet.

I don't see any harm in having a poll, but then 88 just asked for nominations, not an election. I'm sure he'll make a decision or set something up when he sees fit/is able to. :shrug:

:beer:

B

(stay away from evil porpoises k9sar, they're dangerous !!)

After all this, I'll self-nominate if my help is wanted. I hope what I've put up is mostly helpful or usefull to anybody. I've got a pretty decent Pathy knowledge that is helped along by 88 and others as well as wrenching on my truck myself often. I think I'm a pretty reasonable person in general that uses common sense, and I try to be helpfull to anybody, new or old. Self promotion aside, thanks to those that have given their time and efforts already in keeping this a great place to explore and learn! :beer:

A mod should simply help keep things moving along and keep people adhering to the rules Jim wants followed. There is a limit to the powers of a mod, so it's not an all-powerful position by any means, nor is it a paid position (heh). If you're involved enough with the forum, your own Pathfinder and like offroading, then you're in the right zone to be a moderator.

The mass email function of this board does not work. Sorry, I can't do anything about that. Actually, I don't think it works on my board either. D'oh.

k9sar: My wand is not chickenbone. It is onyx with opal inlays and a spessartine tip. :)