Vacuum Hose for SeaFoam

maximusnt

Hey folks, so I need to seafoam my engine tonight. I've already put a 1/3 in the gas tank... Which hose should I use to run Seafoam into the engine directly. I've heard the brake booster line mentioned, and I think there's also a line going to the airbox that might be easier to access.

Thanks!

Seafam recommends using the Brake Booster Line, though the EVAP line works just as well....basically any of the vac lines that get the stuff straight into the manifold (not through the airbox), will be fine.

Here's a diagram from the FSM that should hopefully help out:

Edited by vengeful

just did the seafoam at lunch hour ..

poured 1/3 in gas tank and have around 5 gallons left in gas tank so that must be PRETTY concentrated in there now ..

started the pathy, then disconnected the brake booster line and let the motor suck in around 1/3 of seafoam.. the pathy would die with the vac. hose off, so had to manually keep the revs up with the other hand .. it didnt smoke a lot at all .. just saw more white smoke than usual but def. not what ppl. have been saying or no black smoke at all ..

have 1/3 left.. any harmful effects pouring it in the motor ? does the engine oil need to be changed immediatly, like say 25-50 miles of driving ?

dont really notice a "smoother" idle or revving effect.. maybe the product does clean crap out and itss hard to notice .. the 96 pathy has 113k miles and was running strong and silky anyways ..

just an update...

did the sea foam cleaning at lunch at noon .. drove back to work ..2 miles no problem .. driving back home from work at 5 pm , 5 miles later, CHECK ENGINE light came on ..

took it to autozone .. forgot to get an exact printout of codes , but were in the 300 series.. O2 sensor malfunction on bank 1 , sensor # 2 (left ?) and multiple cylinders misfiring codes ..

asked them to reset it ..went out for a 30 mile freeway ride, kept stomping on the throttle at times to get the crap out .. drove with OD off at 65 mph, like near 4,000 rpm to open it up and let it burn up the carbon and seafoam .. no diff. in running, still smooth as before seafoam ..

check engine light didnt come on this time .. still runs smooth ... no problem yet and i think its nothing .. just carbon burning / emissions prob. threw the sensors off..

no i didnt rev. the motor until the smoke stopped coming ..like i said, there wasnt much smoke coming out even after i put more than 1/3 of sea foam .. so i revved it for maybe 30 seconds then drive 2 miles to work .. then after 4 hrs, i was driving back home and thats when the check engine light came on ..so maybe i didnt burn all the seafoam out and it was super concentrated there causing sensors to trigger..

im not worried about it coz i got the check engine light twice before in HOT conditions driving in 3rd in the smoky mountain range on 87 octane .. so in HOT summers on long trips i put in the next highest octane gas (88 or 89) and haul ass and never got the light to come on again..

• 1 year later...

Just seafoamed the Pathy this afternoon for the first time. There was a $hitload of smoke that came out. It was funny driving around the neighborhood leaving a trail of smoke. First thing I noticed was how smooth the car idled. But after reading a few posts on here about it, I didn't pour it into either of the recommended vacuum lines. I used one of the two vacuum lines that was attached to the intake tubing elbow using a funnel to pour it in. But seemed like it still did its job.