My 1st Pathfinder

Guest geogeek

Guest geogeek

Hi all!

Great board here, lots of good info that has been very helpful so far!

Just in the last week purchased my 1st Pathfinder. 90 4-door with 165,000 on it. I live in Wisconsin and the truck was originally from Minnesota - so it's pretty rusty. Mechanically it's in good shape. Nice and smooth runner, good clutch, 4WD works flawlessly, and new 30 x 9.5's. I've got a few projects to start on it though - drivers door window sticks - permanantly stuck on "defrost" - and NO stereo (!). But hey, it was only $900 and I am absolutely in love with it.

So here's my first dumb question (no owner's manual) - what does that switch on the dash do that says "INTER LOCK"?

post-19-1078127460.jpg

Welcome to the board.

The interlock switch allows you to start the vehicle without pushing in the clutch. It bypasses the clutch interlock safety switch, essentially. Useful on big hills, or in other situations, etc. Simply hold down the switch, make sure your transmission is in neutral, and start 'er up.

Guest geogeek

Thanks for the info on the Interlock - makes sense.

Over the weekend - on my first "trip" with it - got 19 MPG (pretty much all highway), but had to replace a leaking fuel line near the injectors (pretty easy job).

This weekend I will take it out and have some real fun. B)

First project is going to have to be a stereo. :wacko: