Pathfinder Engine Swap

Guest Findurownpath

Guest Findurownpath

Hey all I have a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4 wheel drive 3.3L v6 with 209,000 miles on it. It has been driven a lot for work purposes, back and forth from school and a lot of towning. The engine definately is tired but still runs very reliably. A friend of mine has a wrecked 2002 pathfinder (rear ended) 3.5L V6 and I was curious to see if it was possible to swap the engine tranny and ecu into my truck. Ive done engine swaps before, especially on Hondas, but I am not too familiar with Nissans. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

yea. there is. My dad has an 01 with the 3.5, I get back in the 97 and I swear it feels like a 4banger pulling her along... The 3.5 is a NICE engine

209,000 miles! That's just getting broken in!

But seriously..it can be done. But it'll be just like any other motor swap...I think the tranny has to go with it, and all the accessories are different, as well as the ECU and wiring harnesses.

i agree with row...the 3.5 is that much more different. test drove my buddy's newer pathy, and if i put the new 3.5L's vs. my vg33e 3.3L (keep in mind that i'm all stock =P)...i'd get my butt whooped!!!