Diff Ratios

SteveWA

Thanks Vsicks.  BTW you must have me confused with someone else. I'm not making any drawers.  :shrug:

SH!T! Not to worry. It was someone in OZ. I will have to look harder. :beer:

Let us know your ratio. I am guessing 4.8:1.

Bugger, it is Geordie with the draws. He is never around. :(

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

Many Nissans came with 4.375 diffs.

Live and learn, live and learn. I thought there was only 2 ratios.

You have your answer Steve. You will not find a Patrol with that ratio though, so no SAS for you. :P Hang on, I think Hiluxs' have that ratio?

There has to be as many different gear box ratios too then.

What would be good, would be the gear box and tranny ratios, matched to all diff ratios and posted up like a reference chart. That way you could, for eg. Up size tyres and change your gear box to keep your aspect ratio. Or at least know what your end ratios are going to be. Very handy information to have I think. Just a thought anyway.

QUOTE (Casey.T @ Nov 10 2005, 11:45 PM)

My 92XE has 43

95SE has 46

Both are auto's 

Is the 95 an R50?

If thats so then it doesn't count. it's not a real pathfinder. 

WD21 all the way:) But the r50's do surve a purpose -bounce-

Yep my 95XE  has HG43...

V6, you sure SW didn't just miss read the 3 for an 8, he seems to be the only oddity here...  :shrug:

B

He is 1000% (not a typo) sure.

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...t=0entry67878

Quote from SW.

"theres a chance the diff ratio's may be 4.6 OR 4.8. i have 4.8. the way to tell is to look on the id plate at the trans axle number. the last four digits wil be hg46 or hg48. hg46 being 4.6 ratios and hg48 being 4.8 ratios."

Quote from tbecktold.

"Also, the 4.8 gears are EXTREMELY rare in the U.S. in the (W)D21 vehicles; I have heard of ONE Hardbody here in the States with the 4.8 gears."

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

stevey - i HAD a five speed.... :D

he is also right - im 1000000% i have 4.8's, just the same as stevewa double checked the 4.3's.

as for the turbo diesel terranos, i have a close friend with one and his is 4.6 which is sort of strange, being diesel and all, is sort of makes me think the diesel terranos have different gear box ratios prehaps.

stevey - i HAD a five speed.... :D

he is also right - im 1000000% i have 4.8's, just the same as stevewa double checked the 4.3's.

as for the turbo diesel terranos, i have a close friend with one and his is 4.6 which is sort of strange, being diesel and all, is sort of makes me think the diesel terranos have different gear box ratios prehaps.

There should be as many diff ratios as there are different box ratios. Makes food for thought on end ratios Steve. Something to help you with you fuel consumtion perhaps?

By the way, what have you decided on that score?

he is also right - im 1000000% i have 4.8's

Ok, I believe, but that was a fair question.... :D

So it seems there is a fair mix and match between motors, trannys and rear end ratios... I don't have any answers but maybe if people chime in with the their particulars we can find a rhyme and reason... ;)

B